Sorry to hear of the loss. RIP Brian.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    RIP Brian

First Team Breakthrough cal-d hibs's Avatar
    RIP Brian, see you at the back of the goals,

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Very sad news. Condolances to his family and friends.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    RIP Brian.

Didn't know the guy, but obviously a huge Hibby.

I have a great friend, also called Brian, whom I have not seen for a long while due to his ill health. When I saw the thread title I was like 'Oh no'.

Anyway, I have digressed, very sad news about a member of the Hibs family.

Sad news.

One of those posters who was rarely hysterical, was balanced and who clearly knew a lot about Hibs.

RIP.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Was this the same chap that was based in Canada (or Northern America) for a while?

I recall being pointed in the direction of someone on here called Brian (pretty sure it's the same chap) shortly after I joined, when I was toying with the idea of relocating across the pond and he was an absolute gentleman in our email correspondence, despite not knowing me from Adam!

I've always tried to replicate that kindness to new posters because of how treated me. If I am indeed thinking of the same guy, I'm incredibly sorry to read this.

RIP Brian

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Oh no, i am so sorry to hear this sad news. absolutely gutted in fact. Brian and I messaged for many years and occasionally he would call too. A kind, generous and giving man, he once posted me a surprise gift of a book about my home town of Musselburgh, just because he knew I would love it. I finally got to meet him a few years ago in Edinburgh and he truly was a lovely man.

God bless you and rest in peace, Brian. You will be sadly missed. Sincerely condolences to his family.
    Last edited by stu in nottingham; 09-11-2018 at 04:13 PM.

Sad news
    RIP Brian
    Condolences to family & friends

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    He will be missed. R.I.P. Brian.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Met him when we stayed at the same hovel/b&b before that cup final, had a meal in Wotherspoons the night before, and a lot of drinks in the persevere and other hostelries along Easter Road.

A nicer man you couldn't meet, and what a Hibby.

R I P Brian.

First Team Breakthrough
    So sad to hear this, RIP Brian. I never had the pleasure of meeting Brian, he replied to me when i asked advice on moving to Dubai through work. I knew from his first message he was a true gent.

Heavenly thanks for your help Brian and sincere condolences to the family.

Sad news. Rest in peace Brian.

RIP Brian

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Sad to hear of this, RIP.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Thinking of his family and friends.

RIP Brian. Sad news.

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry to read this Gordy, my condolences

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that - always seemed a nice guy and a good contributor on here

First Team Breakthrough
    RIP Brian

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't know Brian but from his posts on here it was clear he was passionate about all things Hibernian past and present. Sad news indeed.
    Yup. Well said D. RIP Brian.

First Team Regular GORDONSMITH7's Avatar
    Brian was a St. Patrick's Branch member. He worked and lived in Qatar for many years and is survived by his wife and three kids Callum, Isla and Kyle all of whom are members too. I had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions, the last time with his lads last year midweek, when we met in the Four in Hand, where he was picking up 5 dark green polo shirts, with the Branch badge on, for his whole family. We then took a wander to the Eastern Cemetery to show the kids Dan McMichael's gravestone. Back to the Four for several drams of his favourite malt.
    Brian was a good and generous guy. He donated generously to all Branch causes and works, one of many examples being his donation of 4 Hibs season tickets each year to the Canongate Youth Project, through Kicks For Kids.
    Brian was a Hibernian historian with a vast knowledge of our Club from it's inception. Back in 2010 when we started with 5 members, Brian on hearing of this new kid on the block, whose aim was to keep Hibernian FC's history and charitable ethos alive, was one of the first to sign up.

RIP amigo.

BIG G

Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post
    Brian was a St. Patrick's Branch member. He worked and lived in Qatar for many years and is survived by his wife and three kids Callum, Isla and Kyle all of whom are members too. I had the pleasure of meeting him on a few occasions, the last time with his lads last year midweek, when we met in the Four in Hand, where he was picking up 5 dark green polo shirts, with the Branch badge on, for his whole family. We then took a wander to the Eastern Cemetery to show the kids Dan McMichael's gravestone. Back to the Four for several drams of his favourite malt.
    Brian was a good and generous guy. He donated generously to all Branch causes and works, one of many examples being his donation of 4 Hibs season tickets each year to the Canongate Youth Project, through Kicks For Kids.
    Brian was a Hibernian historian with a vast knowledge of our Club from it's inception. Back in 2010 when we started with 5 members, Brian on hearing of this new kid on the block, whose aim was to keep Hibernian FC's history and charitable ethos alive, was one of the first to sign up.

RIP amigo.

BIG G
    Nice words mate, hibs clsss 👍

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    RIP Brian and deepest condolences to your family and friends.

Hibs is more than just a football club.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GORDONSMITH7 View Post

RIP amigo.

BIG G
    A lovely tribute G. I'm devastated by this. As Freddy says we must be of a similar vintage & it was always a great pleasure to read & share his posts about the old days, we also share a forename! On the occasions when my memory failed me on my favourite subjects of Joe Baker or The Tornadoes Brian would step in & add to or gently correct my post. I always believed I must have known him from my Edinburgh days but, to my great regret, I never checked to confirm this. Was it Brian who produced small booklets about various aspects of our history? Sincere condolences to all his family & friends. You have the small consolation of knowing he saw that day & the greater consolation of knowing Brian was a fine man who, just from posts on here, lived a full & generous life. I'll miss him.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Really sorry to hear this. Great contributer o the board and clearly a passionate Hibernian man. Rest easy friend.
    Last edited by greenlex; 11-11-2018 at 05:36 PM.

First Team Breakthrough BarneyHibby's Avatar
    Very sad news. RIP Brian.

Sad news. RIP Brian

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk