hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

If We Fail To Score Tomorrow.

If we fail to score tomorrow that will be 287 minutes of football without a goal. We are really short on attacking options in my opinion. If Kamberi is out we are powderpuff up top. JM is not a lone striker and was largely anonymous in the last 2 matches and Shaw doesn't seem to be progressing much when he plays in the first team and Boyle is not an out and out striker. We created very little against Hearts and St Johnstone and its quite concerning. We simply can't rely on Mallan free kicks or his long range strikes all season.

A striker in January is a must along with Mr Allan for creativity please.

Tin hat on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we fail to score tomorrow that will be 287 minutes of football without a goal. We are really short on attacking options in my opinion. If Kamberi is out we are powderpuff up top. JM is not a lone striker and was largely anonymous in the last 2 matches and Shaw doesn't seem to be progressing much when he plays in the first team and Boyle is not an out and out striker. We created very little against Hearts and St Johnstone and its quite concerning. We simply can't rely on Mallan free kicks or his long range strikes all season.

Tin hat on.
    We're not short of firepower at all. We've just come off of our worst performance in ages and a notoriously difficult derby at tynecastle.

If we don't score tomorrow it's not panic stations either as the sheep are notoriously both good at home and in shutting the opposition out.

Relax Martin.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    if

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    We're not short of firepower at all. We've just come off of our worst performance in ages and a notoriously difficult derby at tynecastle.

If we don't score tomorrow it's not panic stations either as the sheep are notoriously both good at home and in shutting the opposition out.

Relax Martin.

I'm not panicking I just think we are ruing not getting another striker in thats all. Goals win games, we need the guys to score them.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post

Relax Martin.
    Yes we are and we need another striker in as soon as possible. Without Kamberi we have no presence up front and need to be able to cover him.

I'm not panicking I just think we are ruing not getting another striker in thats all. Goals win games, we need the guys to score them.
    You do realise that even after our barren spell, we're still the third highest scorers in the league?

We are very reliant on Kamberi.

That's because he's an excellent player, and when we've been lucky enough to have excellent players in the past, we've always been very reliant on them.

In our last 3 games we've had Kamberi for a game and a half at two of our toughest away games and he was absent for our most recent game.

I think it's a bit harsh to beat Hibs with this stat.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    We are very reliant on Kamberi.

That's because he's an excellent player, and when we've been lucky enough to have excellent players in the past, we've always been very reliant on them.

In our last 3 games we've had Kamberi for a game and a half at two of our toughest away games and he was absent for our most recent game.

I think it's a bit harsh to beat Hibs with this stat.
    Which is all fair enough but it’s mental having to rely on the one player so much for us to get goals. Whole team have to chip in should he not be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Which is all fair enough but it’s mental having to rely on the one player so much for us to get goals. Whole team have to chip in should he not be available.
    How many has Mallan got this year? SDG being out also robs us of another serious goal threat.

A striker in January is required, as is a little bit of calm the heck down juice for certain Hibs fans it would appear.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

Tin hat on.
    LTYF

A dry spell at the moment, but it's due to come to an end. We do need strengthening in attack, though, for another option when we have these periods.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    We have been better in terms of different players chipping in with goals this year. Of all the goals we’ve scored in the league I think Flo only has 4 of them.

His scoring record is good but he gives the team a lot more than that. I remember thinking he was poor against Hamilton the other week but I think he came off with a goal and 3 assists. When he’s not there the ball rarely sticks up front long enough.

If a meteor strikes Aberdeen this morning, the game won’t even go ahead and it’ll be another day in our winless streak.

We’ve missed SDG big time. Not just for his goal threat but for the fact his absence makes our team a bit disjointed, with (occasionally) square pegs in round holes.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    We do need another striker imo as short when Flo out though would have started with oli and Jamie against saints.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Please start Flo and Maclaren together tonight.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    We've been unlucky with injuries to strikers, but it's a delicate balance between having competition for places, back up for injuries, opportunities for developing our youth players and not having unhappy players affecting the mood in the dressing room.

@hibs.net private member
    Judging by the weather forecast which is persisting it down an 50mph winds it could be a war tonight with little football played. We need our only big man up top to have a stormer as those conditions will favour Aberdeen imo. Big game to try and start a new run rather than continue this mini slump.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Being negative about something that hasn’t even happened yet. Splendid.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    If a meteor strikes Aberdeen this morning, the game won’t even go ahead and it’ll be another day in our winless streak.
    Lennon will have brought that meteor on himself no doubt...

All will be well once the FloMac machine is back in full swing with Boyle/Aggie the wide options.

In any case, wwhoever we would be likely to get to come in in Jan at an affordable fee and pay rate would know they would as at least 3rd in the pecking order and clearly a cover player. IMO that wouldn't be any better than giving more of a chance to the young bucks Allan, Gullan and Shaw. Shaw has had a few chances and not really shown any progress from last term but the other two deserve more of a go before being written off as not good enough cover.

If we lose 7-0 tonight it will be the third time in my lifetime we have lost by that score. Pathetic Hibs get it sorted.

If we don't concede tonight, it will be the 5th time in 9 matches that we have kept a clean sheet against Aberdeen in normal time.

We definitely need another striker in January if we can find one. I think we all thought when Simon Murray was sold that we had someone lined up but we didn’t. It was a poor transfer window in the summer leaving us way short up front. Not that Murray was brilliant but it was a mistake letting him go without a replacement.

Kamberi doesn’t work on his own, Boyle isn’t a striker, Jamie doesn’t work on his own and in my opinion Shaw is not good enough, I will say ‘yet’ but doubt he ever will be.

Agreed JM was anonymous against Hearts. I didn't even realise he made it onto the pitch so anonymous was he.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    All will be well once the FloMac machine is back in full swing with Boyle/Aggie the wide options.

In any case, wwhoever we would be likely to get to come in in Jan at an affordable fee and pay rate would know they would as at least 3rd in the pecking order and clearly a cover player. IMO that wouldn't be any better than giving more of a chance to the young bucks Allan, Gullan and Shaw. Shaw has had a few chances and not really shown any progress from last term but the other two deserve more of a go before being written off as not good enough cover.
    Agree with this Shaw has stood still and has not progressed at the hoped for rate he is starting to run out of chances maybe time to swap him in the pecking order with Lewis Allan who has done nothing wrong.

Left by mutual consent!

Tin hat on.

Couldn’t agree more.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Agreed JM was anonymous against Hearts. I didn't even realise he made it onto the pitch so anonymous was he.

Jamie Mac was anonymous against Hearts because he did not play.

He was about to come on but Flo got sent off so Shaw went on instead as a lone striker.

I presume you were being sarcastic?

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lennon's tactics have been very poor in the last 2 games.

The 3 at the back left us with very little creativity at the PBS and we loose a big threat when we move Boyle away from the wing.

Against St Johnstone, MacLaren as a lone striker was ridiculous choice. His alround game is just not good enough to play without a target man. Shaw though lacking is far better suited to that role.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Jamie Mac was anonymous against Hearts because he did not play.

He was about to come on but Flo got sent off so Shaw went on instead as a lone striker.

I presume you were being sarcastic?
    Yes, the OP said JM had been anonymous in the last two games. The last two games being St. Johnstone and Hearts. I was therefore sarcastically giving my thoughts on his performance v hearts when he was, by all accounts per the OP "anonymous".

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: MC_Humo
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    He'd shaved and looked a lot.younger to be fair

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk