hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 84 of 84
  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is all about opinions and that is mine. Don't understand why people hide behind that card, I didn't say that you aren't entitled to it. Just that its nonsense (in my opinion)

    Writing off a 20 year old and saying his time is running out is just laughable. His time has hardly even started.
    He has alot more goals than Kamberi and Maclaren did at that age.

    I'll trust the gaffer who brought him on in the semi Vs Celtic and started him at Tynecastle. The gaffer who started him in Europe and Vs Aberdeen in the QF. He's a good young player who needs support and time.
    Appreciate your point of view
    I hope he does kick on.
    I was his biggest fan felt for him after the goal that never was against Hearts it would have done wonders for his confidence
    My concern is he is starting to look as if there is no improvement from this time last year and starting to wonder if it is ever going to happen for him at Easter Road
    Not hiding behind anything happy to have an open sensible debate on here with any poster after all that is what forums are for
    You think Olly is going to be a big success at HIBS I fear not
    I only hope you are correct
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 09-11-2018 at 03:55 PM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is all about opinions and that is mine. Don't understand why people hide behind that card, I didn't say that you aren't entitled to it. Just that its nonsense (in my opinion)

    Writing off a 20 year old and saying his time is running out is just laughable. His time has hardly even started.
    He has alot more goals than Kamberi and Maclaren did at that age.

    I'll trust the gaffer who brought him on in the semi Vs Celtic and started him at Tynecastle. The gaffer who started him in Europe and Vs Aberdeen in the QF. He's a good young player who needs support and time.
    He needs and deserves the support. But Itís up to him to go and make it happen. Not in 18 months or a couple of years. Now. He really needs to push himself forward and doesnít seem to be doing that at this moment in time IMO.

  4. #63
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    7,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we fail to score tomorrow that will be 287 minutes of football without a goal. We are really short on attacking options in my opinion. If Kamberi is out we are powderpuff up top. JM is not a lone striker and was largely anonymous in the last 2 matches and Shaw doesn't seem to be progressing much when he plays in the first team and Boyle is not an out and out striker. We created very little against Hearts and St Johnstone and its quite concerning. We simply can't rely on Mallan free kicks or his long range strikes all season.

    A striker in January is a must along with Mr Allan for creativity please.


    Tin hat on.
    Your a Jinx

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,007
    287 and counting... We are struggling.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #65
    Longest we have gone without scoring since March 2014, the Butcher days. Shocking

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,225
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Longest we have gone without scoring since March 2014, the Butcher days. Shocking
    Ouch, that's not great reading.

  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ouch, that's not great reading.
    Not great viewing either.

  9. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Longest we have gone without scoring since March 2014, the Butcher days. Shocking
    3 years of that was against joiners and sparkys

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    3 years of that was against joiners and sparkys
    Exactly.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #70
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    9,506
    It's a real bad patch just now: nae goals and not playing well. All teams have them; we'll come through. We know where we need to strengthen; the last transfer window was very poor and we suspected this might happen. However, I'm confident we'll re-discover our form soon and have a satisfactory (though not outstanding) season. Let's hold our nerve and see how we go in the next few fixtures. I'm actually feeling somewhat optimistic we'll bounce back.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a real bad patch just now: nae goals and not playing well. All teams have them; we'll come through. We know where we need to strengthen; the last transfer window was very poor and we suspected this might happen. However, I'm confident we'll re-discover our form soon and have a satisfactory (though not outstanding) season. Let's hold our nerve and see how we go in the next few fixtures. I'm actually feeling somewhat optimistic we'll bounce back.

    If we lose to nil to Dundee there will be full scale reactor meltdown.

  13. #72
    Coaching Staff One Day Soon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In hope
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You do realise that even after our barren spell, we're still the third highest scorers in the league?
    People like you with your ****ing facts

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we lose to nil to Dundee there will be full scale reactor meltdown.
    Aye, .net would go Chernobyl. Let's hope that scenario is avoided.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  15. #74
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Antwerp
    Posts
    8,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we lose to nil to Dundee there will be full scale reactor meltdown.
    Never mind losing to nil, if we lose to Dundee.

  16. #75
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    7,927
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has a knee issue. He has seen the surgeon various times and is working around it....but at some point he will need an op.
    Well that's not great news

  17. #76
    Come win or lose or draw

  18. #77
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that's not great news

    Striker in January is a must.

  19. #78
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never mind losing to nil, if we lose to Dundee.

    Equally as bad if we lose to Dundee.

  20. #79
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In dreams.
    Posts
    3,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well that's not great news
    It has been well reported and I find it a bit surprising that we didnít have the surgery done preseason. Competing priorities at the time I suppose. I does make the decision not to sign another striker a bit bewilderingly though.

  21. #80
    Coaching Staff Ronniekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Paisley
    Posts
    7,927
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It has been well reported and I find it a bit surprising that we didnít have the surgery done preseason. Competing priorities at the time I suppose. I does make the decision not to sign another striker a bit bewilderingly though.
    I agree . Shaw is work in progress ,and has had limited game time recently ,so with Mclaren still needing game time to get fully match fit , and possibly still not 100% recovered from his back problem it's not ideal Flo needs an Op

  22. #81
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree . Shaw is work in progress ,and has had limited game time recently ,so with Mclaren still needing game time to get fully match fit , and possibly still not 100% recovered from his back problem it's not ideal Flo needs an Op

    Shaw has been "breaking" into the first team for about 3 years now, if he was able to make the step up he would have done it by now imo.

  23. #82
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shaw has been "breaking" into the first team for about 3 years now, if he was able to make the step up he would have done it by now imo.
    I really feel he would have benefitted going out on loan but he was probably needed as cover especially after Flo hurt himself in the Europa.

  24. #83
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    34
    Posts
    21,007
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really feel he would have benefitted going out on loan but he was probably needed as cover especially after Flo hurt himself in the Europa.

    Just don't think he's good enough, massive gap between reserves and first team.

  25. #84
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just don't think he's good enough, massive gap between reserves and first team.
    Fair doís - I wouldnít write him off just let as thereís a lot of good attributes to his game, there is a gap between the reserves thatís why he should be out on loan.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved