hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Positive Action From Hearts

I think Hearts are to be applauded on taking action against the idiots that threw 'Pyrotechnics' onto the pitch, and at Hibs Fans, at last week's game.

Hearts take action to tackle use of pyrotechnic devices at Tynecastle

I think they should also take action against the coin throwers (as should Hibs) and the Sectarian songs, but this is at least a start.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 08-11-2018 at 07:50 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Hearts are to be applauded on taking action against the idiots that threw 'Pyrotechnics' onto the pitch, and at Hibs Fans, at last week's game.

I think they should also take action against the coin throwers (as should Hibs) and the Sectarian songs, but this is at least a start.
    They should be applauded for that. Quote scary reading that as my daughter was hot with one and my asthma isn't the best. I wrote to our Chief Exec a week ago and await her reply. A friend had a similar incident and wrote to the police, Budge and LeeAnn last year and the Dr was the only one who replied.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Link not working for me.

Well done Hearts for taking action.

Is this the beginning of the end for their new singing section?

Budge doesn't tolerate this kind of thing to be fair to her. Surprised she even allowed a singing section.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Link not working for me.

Sorry, updated it now

Look at the crowd photo in that article.
    There is not one person in it over 21 years old.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 09-11-2018 at 04:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Look at the crowd photo in that article.
    There is not one person in it aged 21 approx.
    Is that a problem.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I think it might be the first step to closing those sections, or some of it, for Cat A games. They did so in the past in the main stand and it should make those areas of the stadium less of a flashpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Is that a problem.
    It is if that is where the idiot problems are i.e. the only reason they all bought season tickets there is so they can noise up the opposition supporters in the stand next to them and is a big problem if that extends to throwing coins or flares. The wise Dr may think the ticket office should have noticed a pattern.

Do you think it is coincidence that our singing section is now as far away from the away support as possible?
    Dempster played them beautifully and they didn't suspect a thing.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 08-11-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fair play, credit were credit is due. Absolutely no need for it. If football wants to keep attracting families then this needs to be knocked on the head.,

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Is that a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    It is if that is where the idiot problems are i.e. the only reason they all bought season tickets there is so they can noise up the opposition supporters in the stand next to them and is a big problem if that extends to throwing coins or flares. The wise Dr may think the ticket office should have noticed a pattern.

Do you think it is coincidence that our singing section is now as far away from the away support as possible?
    Don't think our singing section (S43 as it was then) was ever a threat to away fans either through throwing stuff or from inciting violence! Pretty difficult from the back parts of S43.

Signed a S43er

Well done Hearts!
    Credit where it is due.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    What is clear from the photo is that spectators obviously weren't sitting in their ticketed seat as assuming they crammed in. Was the same at Hibs corner nearest wheatfield. Some basic stewarding in both stands would have helped greatly e.g making sure fans in their proper seat.

The lower sections of N and G need to be closed off for Hearts’ category A games. Like The Den, it attracts the biggest idiots to the blocks nearest the away end so they can spend 90 minutes posturing and pretending they’re hard men.

@hibs.net private member

We asked to move to that section - the one least populated. And from my recollection, LD wasn’t involved at all, it was others at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    Don't think our singing section (S43 as it was then) was ever a threat to away fans either through throwing stuff or from inciting violence! Pretty difficult from the back parts of S43.

Signed a S43er
    Maybe no threat but Pyro was never far away when they were in Section 43...

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Heard Potter getting interviewed on SSN reference the charge by the SFA re the alleged riot involving Hearts and HIBS players during the last Edinburgh Derby.

He said that there was no riot indeed his players were only trying to help the referee.

Duh! Does he mean help the referee get Kamberi sent off?

Riot = confrontation
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 09-11-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post

Signed a S43er
    Remember standing in the East when the best supporters in the world lobbed CS gas into our section.

It caused a crowd surge as the only way to escape for most was to scale an eight foot high fence and seek the relative safety of the pitch. Idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Heard Potter getting interviewed on SSN reference the charge by the SFA re the alleged riot involving Hearts and HIBS players during the last Edinburgh Derby.

He said that there was no riot indeed his players were only trying to help the referee.

Duh! Does he mean help the referee get Kamberi sent off?

No, he means in calming down the situation, which is what the majority of the players were doing. But this is already well covered in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    No, he means in calming down the situation, which is what the majority of the players were doing. But this is already well covered in another thread.
    If you think Dunne running 40 yards to stick his finger in Kamberiis face and the wee number seven having a sly kick at Kamberi is calming down the situation ithen fair enough!

I thought this thread was called positive action by Hearts?

Potter only made his Statement yesterday that the players were only trying to HELP the referee

They were being positive in trying to calm the situation down which we all know was not the case!
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 09-11-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    If you think Dunne running 40 yards to stick his finger in Kamberiis face and the wee number seven having a sly kick at Kamberi is calming down the situation ithen fair enough!

I thought this thread was called positive action by Hearts?

Potter only made his Statement yesterday that the players were only trying to HELP the referee

They were being positive in trying to calm the situation down which we all know was not the case!

Billy, the title refers only the positive action they have, taken as mentioned in the linked article.

Nobody's trying to make out that everything they have done or said is positive, just giving credit where it's due.

Maybe you could read the first post again to get some context.

Keekaboo I did read the whole thread before posting and you are correct Hearts should be commended for the action they have taken and I would like to see this reciprocated at Easter Road my post was based on the SSN interview I saw yesterday at 1300 hrs in which Potter said the players were only trying to HELP the referee and there was no confrontation??
    To me that was laughable as the Hearts players were obviously trying to get Flo sent off
    I just thought I would add it on to your thread as wee comical aside to them acting in a POSITIVE manner on the day
    Apologies for hijacking your thread mate.
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 09-11-2018 at 04:08 PM.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    … good statement ...

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    … good statement ...
    And it should be the same at every ground in Scotland.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Ann Budge statement says they will ban any Hearts fan causing damage to away stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    … good statement ...
    I wonder how much of this will get implemented. I'm not convinced we'll be seeing the entire Roseburn forced to sit in their seats, or much in the way of Stewards doing spot-checks on tickets versus seat numbers, and a Hearts fan getting an indefinite ban for sectarian singing at Tynecastle is likely some ways off too...

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Can't argue with that.