hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

The Rangers and Willie Collum

CLUB RESPONSE TO SCOTTISH FA’S DECISION TO DISMISS OUR APPEAL:

RANGERS are extremely disappointed with the decision of the Scottish FA’s Judicial Panel to dismiss our appeal against the second yellow card shown to Daniel Candeias in the closing seconds of last Saturday’s match against St Mirren.

Rangers afforded the governing body the opportunity to let common sense prevail and we are surprised they have chosen not to do so by correcting what was, and what remains an inexplicable decision by the match referee, Willie Collum. Rangers shall now seek a fundamental review of the rules relating to red cards which result from two bookings of a player in a game.

If one of these decisions is obviously wrong, it must be possible to correct that mistake. It is wrong that players’ livelihoods and careers can be impacted without the opportunity of redress, especially when the official responsible for the miscarriage of justice is allowed to continue as though beyond question or reproach.

It defies belief that this same referee, who got it so blatantly wrong last Saturday, is awarded one of the biggest matches in Scottish football this weekend while Daniel Candeias is denied the right to go to his work. This, frankly, is unacceptable.

Furthermore, it is understood that a number of people within the Scottish FA are in no doubt Mr Collum’s judgment was flawed and Rangers shall also now be submitting a formal complaint about the performance of this referee. The manner in which he reacted to an incident involving our player made it obvious he did not give due consideration to his decision.

This is by no means the first time errors of judgment have been made in matches involving this official and clearly there is an underlying issue which requires to be addressed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Releasing a statement because the SFA/SPFL followed the current rules...simply wow

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Cant disagree with the silly rules - but they rules are set and if they want them changed it needs to be agreed by everyone and not changed willy nilly because one of the bigger clubs are aggrieved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Defies Belief!'

They love these kinda phrases

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Astonished. Genuinely astonished, that The Flat Slug knows a synonym for 'beggars'.

Coaching Staff
    Any statement from them about Allan McGregor’s violent conduct going unpunished this season against Motherwell ?

Their real intentions and ideology are hidden in plain sight ! SFA will hide, Willie Young will hide, media will claim ignorance to the real issue - perpetrating social division and using football as the platform !

Enough is enough - punish The Rangers for bringing the game into disrepute !!

Testimonial Due
    Collum's decision was an odd one. Applying the rules, however, is not.

Presumably that's the Rangers straight to the top of the Statement League with yet another outrageous pile of guff?

They love a statement lol.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Is it a statement for every decison that goes against them?

Think there was one after the Aberdeen game too?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Collum's decision was an odd one. Applying the rules, however, is not.

Presumably that's the Rangers straight to the top of the Statement League with yet another outrageous pile of guff?
    More importantly will the SFA and Willie Young support referees and process ? Be good to see them provide a firm rebuke and tell The Rangers to accept the process and not try and influence referee appointments based on what we all know they’re implying !

I feel slightly dirty for agreeing with most of a Sevco-released statement.

They are absolutely correct in all that they say before disappearing off into the strange "Collum has it in for us" part at the end.

They're not saying anything that we haven't said many times on this forum. It was a ludicrous decision and there must be some sort of a framework for a crazy decision like that to be overturned.

It is staggering that Willie Collum gets the game tomorrow night and Candeias has to sit out his team's fixture at the weekend as punishment for a non-crime.

Ha ha.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I feel slightly dirty for agreeing with most of a Sevco-released statement.

They are absolutely correct in all that they say before disappearing off into the strange "Collum has it in for us" part at the end.

They're not saying anything that we haven't said many times on this forum. It was a ludicrous decision and there must be some sort of a framework for a crazy decision like that to be overturned.

It is staggering that Willie Collum gets the game tomorrow night and Candeias has to sit out his team's fixture at the weekend as punishment for a non-crime.

Ha ha.
    That as may be but the inference is sinister and they know exactly what they’re doing - shameful statement much like the rest JT circulates. They need to be reined in !

The Rangers will win nothing again this season. Their ridiculous statements are simply designed to put pressure on the officials and authorities to give them even more help than they already get from them. The Rangers are by far the worst thing about Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member
    Hopefully the rule does get changed.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    That as may be but the inference is sinister and they know exactly what they’re doing - shameful statement much like the rest JT circulates. They need to be reined in !
    I don't really think this one is "shameful" and tbh for a change I could see them having reasonable backing on this issue from the other clubs, including ours.

It does go off-piste at the end, and the stuff about Collum is unnecessary, but it is far from shameful (which is their usual standard).

Coaching Staff
    I don't really think this one is "shameful" and tbh for a change I could see them having reasonable backing on this issue from the other clubs, including ours.

It does go off-piste at the end, and the stuff about Collum is unnecessary, but it is far from shameful (which is their usual standard).
    Of course it’s shameful when the inference goes beyond the refereeing decision and process - the inference is there for all to see and they are trying to influence future refereeing appointments based on ‘leanings’ - if you cannot see that you’re blind.

I know refs and who they support - none let that influence decisions. They are implying the opposite.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    The Rangers will win nothing again this season. Their ridiculous statements are simply designed to put pressure on the officials and authorities to give them even more help than they already get from them. The Rangers are by far the worst thing about Scottish football.
    They’ll win the statement league

Stops just short of demanding that the SFA tell everybody Willie Collum's address.

What a shameful and shameless institution they are; just as bad as the club they replaced.

I'm with Smartue on this one. As much as I loathe that club and everything they stand for they are right here. The standard of refereeing in this country is appalling (as we noticed with Dallas in the Derby) and, frankly, it's about time it was highlighted in this way. Manager's can't speak out as any criticism gets them banned, so has to be the club's imo.

Yes, the statement loses it near the end. But I think it needed said. Shameful it is not.
    Last edited by Silky; 08-11-2018 at 06:12 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    I'm with Smartue on this one. As much as I loathe that club and everything they stand for they are right here. The standard of refereeing in this country is appalling (as we noticed with Dallas in the Derby) and, frankly, it's about time it was highlighted in this way. Manager's can't speak out as any criticismgets them banned, so has to be the club's imo.

Yes, the statement loses it near the end. But I think it needed said. Shameful it is not.
    So you don’t see the veiled inference ?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    I'm with Smartue on this one. As much as I loathe that club and everything they stand for they are right here. The standard of refereeing in this country is appalling (as we noticed with Dallas in the Derby) and, frankly, it's about time it was highlighted in this way. Manager's can't speak out as any criticism gets them banned, so has to be the club's imo.

Did they ever issue statements about Mike McCurry’s decisions ?

Testimonial Due
    Rangers can **** right off in every shape and form past, present and future. Self righteous, indignant, pompous tossers

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    What exactly was he booked for, has anything g been said about what happened/collum thought happened? That would be a good start
    It would also be a good practice to have the refs review their decisions after the match and admit they may have got it wrong.
    When Bartley was sent off v dundee utd few year back the ref was quick to come out and say he made a mistake, and most on here were happy he acknowledged it in public (canny mind who it was).
    Only if after these checks and consultations by refs are done and any decision upheld should it be allowed to go to a panel, that includes reds and yellows.
    Refs will make mistakes, all I want them is to admit them, and if it's a recuring theme, for their bosses to take action. Any one of us would get pulled up I our line of work for making continued mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post
    Rangers can **** right off in every shape and form past, present and future. Self righteous, indignant, pompous tossers
    Just this.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post
    And when they come back from ****ing off they can **** off again.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    'Defies Belief!'

They love these kinda phrases
    Sounds better than the "Beggars Belief" they used in the statement against us!

Willie Collum is a terrible referee and the decision to send Candeias off was awful however I'm not quite sure how they can be surprised that the appeal failed. Under the current rules, there is no framework in place to allow an appeal of a yellow card, except for simulation or mistaken identity. There was no "mistaken identity" at play here, it was simply a bad decision.

This appeal was nothing more than a publicity stunt.

Who the **** do they think they are?

Edit: I know, they r a peepul

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    Sounds better than the "Beggars Belief" they used in the statement against us!
    Jabba must have found the thesaurus tucked away in his belly folds

Get it right roond them.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk