hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football authorities
    Then we have to pressure our own club to put community responsibility ahead of financial needs, and for them to put pressure on the other clubs.

Personally, I think that's a tough sell. Turkeys and Christmas spring to mind.

I'm more hopeful of the other route, having it imposed on us by law, as long as .. and this is the important thing... that process is overseen by an independent body.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Eureka. Right Nicola, words sorted. Deeds next?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    If the past is anything to go by, it’ll be sent out for a consultation to save them making a decision for another 12 months. That’s what they do with everything else rather than take any action which may reduce the level of 45% fanatism over their populist policies. See education, health...... I know not the forum for politics but the OP is political.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    If the past is anything to go by, it’ll be sent out for a consultation to save them making a decision for another 12 months. That’s what they do with everything else rather than take any action which may reduce the level of 45% fanatism over their populist policies. See education, health...... I know not the forum for politics but the OP is political.
    Good points. I can only resort to saying you get what you vote for again

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Heartening to hear that response from the First Mininster.

Maybe Hibs should issue a similar statement in support of our Manager?
    Yes I'm a bit disappointed there has been nothing from LD either about the attack on our manager or the notice of complaint?? Even Levein has correctly spoke out about it today

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Good to hear her come out with this but the end of her answer totally ruined it. “Will continue to ..” what exactly have they done so far? If it really was so important to them more would have been done. Usual empty rhetoric

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    What do you suggest she "does"?
    How about using her position as the most powerful person in the country to call out the Footballing Authorities for years and years of inaction ?

Or ensuring that Police Scotland robustly apply the law rather than continually turning a blind eye

Or organising joint meetings of football clubs and supporters groups to generate some action

I could go on and on...

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    How about using her position as the most powerful person in the country to call out the Footballing Authorities for years and years of inaction ?

Or ensuring that Police Scotland robustly apply the law rather than continually turning a blind eye

Or organising joint meetings of football clubs and supporters groups to generate some action

I could go on and on...
    Couldn’t agree with this more.

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    So will they take any any type of measures to stop this from happening again? Or is it just more rhetoric?
    ‘That kind of conduct has no place in modern Scotland’ Aye right Nicola, I’m guessing you haven’t rocked up to many football grounds in your lifetime where either half of Rantic honour the home teams with their presence. It’s been happening for over a hundred years and will continue until a first minister hauls the head of the SFA in and demands ground closures and points docking from these two, and that’s just for starters. I strongly suspect that her speech today will be the start and end of her interest in this, no different from anyone else !!

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    Is that the James Kelly that campaigned for the abolition
    of the OBFA?
    Epic brass neck there from the dimwitted james kelly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Weegreenman View Post
    So will they take any any type of measures to stop this from happening again? Or is it just more rhetoric?
    Of course it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Well said, now let's see some action

Maybe they could introduce a law targetting sectarianism, and other unnaceptable behaviour, at football matches.

Oh wait, they already did, and everybody criticised it endlessly...especially the Labour Party
    If was poorly though out legislation. It would have done nothing more to prevent some idiot throwing a coin than the current laws if enforced could.
    Last edited by marinello59; 08-11-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Although it would not be a government initiative I think Hibs should issue a statement saying that bigotry has no place at Easter Road.

In the event of a club’s supporters indulging in it then they will not receive a ticket allocation for the next match.

Lead by example and support our manager at the same time.
    Great idea.

And if its televised, they should put a big banner over the empty seats explaining why no fans are allowed - 'these seats aee empty as hibs wont tolerate bigotry'

The authorities need shamed into action.

Good on her. Strong, impressive words on it, and more than what any serious politician in Scotland has ever said to condemn anti Irish/catholic bigotry.

We do need to see some action though.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Although it would not be a government initiative I think Hibs should issue a statement saying that bigotry has no place at Easter Road.

In the event of a club’s supporters indulging in it then they will not receive a ticket allocation for the next match.

Lead by example and support our manager at the same time.
    No chance our club would do that. I think like most other clubs if it came to losing out on money the club would be quite happy to look the other way.

A display by the players before hand, statements in the press and the match day programme but leading with an initiative like that. Unfortunately not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    Good on her. Strong, impressive words on it, and more than what any serious politician in Scotland has ever said to condemn anti Irish/catholic bigotry.

We do need to see some action though.
    ‘Good on her’ is being a bit kind.

There is a real opportunity for someone in a position of authority to use their influence and make the much needed changes that everyone is screaming out for. It’s almost an open goal.

But I fully expect nothing will come of this, apart from more hot air,

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar

Our board have had numerous chances to support our managers who have suffered sectarian abuse but have said and done nothing. Maybe LD doesn't want to upset her "mates" who she had a season ticket to watch.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Our board have had numerous chances to support our managers who have suffered sectarian abuse but have said and done nothing. Maybe LD doesn't want to upset her "mates" who she had a season ticket to watch.
    Iys definitely a bit weak from the club, im disappointed.

Especially as our owner is also a well known and high profile catholic.

Left by mutual consent!

Dempster has failed miserably, in not supporting our manager, she's opened the door for the bigots to roll out their sectarian ditties, coming to Easter road soon.

Strict liability is coming, and when it does, they'll all be bleating about it, as per usual.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Brilliant from Nicola Sturgeon let’s bring in Strict Liability and Self Policing by the fans

In Italy in the 1990s to stamp out racism and facism the authorities IFF threatened to close Stadiums if fans did not tow the line.#

The fans terrified of losing their Stadium would drown out those fans making racist noises and altered political slogans to satisfy IFF observers.

Sounds a bit extreme but it worked!

Yeah guys things are getting that bad!

# A Season with Verona : Tim Parks

Left by mutual consent!
    Maybe a start would be to ask Police Scotland why their officers stand about with their thumbs up their arse each and every time the Mordor hoarde is up to their knees in fenian blood.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I find it astonishing that anyone can criticise Sturgeon’s statement whilst our own club remain silent and the sports governing body do SFA. It seems like some people’s political prejudices prevent them from recognising the FM’s principled stance in supporting our manager.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Then we have to pressure our own club to put community responsibility ahead of financial needs, and for them to put pressure on the other clubs.

Personally, I think that's a tough sell. Turkeys and Christmas spring to mind.

I'm more hopeful of the other route, having it imposed on us by law, as long as .. and this is the important thing... that process is overseen by an independent body.

Well it looks like option 2 then as it doesn't look like our club is going to speak out about the problem, and if you say it's option 2 and not overseen by independent body then we are Donald ducked.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsahibby View Post

A display by the players before hand, statements in the press and the match day programme but leading with an initiative like that. Unfortunately not going to happen.
    Sounds reasonable, but it would have more impact if it included players from all SPL clubs.

Should football clubs have any social accountability? If you believe so then a joint effort would send out a powerful message to the haters.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Dempster has failed miserably, in not supporting our manager, she's opened the door for the bigots to roll out their sectarian ditties, coming to Easter road soon.

Strict liability is coming, and when it does, they'll all be bleating about it, as per usual.
    I suspect Neil will be disappointed that the Club haven't spoken up publicly about this matter, and given him their support. Makes the Club look like they have no backbone.

Strict liability for Clubs is the only way the sectarian problem is going to stop. I'm not sure I share your optimism about it being introduced any time soon though. Turkeys and Christmas, and of course the Rangers minded authorities know that Sevco would have the most to lose.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    come on Leeann....lets hear your thoughts hen on the sectarian abuse shelved out to one of your fellow employees, thought she(rightly of course) didn't like club employees getting abuse or is it fine if it's only sectarian, or she hoping it's all blown over after a few weeks....until the next time, maybe budge won't do a joint statement with her the silence from LD has been sickeningly silent, imo

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    I find it astonishing that anyone can criticise Sturgeon’s statement whilst our own club remain silent and the sports governing body do SFA. It seems like some people’s political prejudices prevent them from recognising the FM’s principled stance in supporting our manager.
    Hear hear!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    My worry is that Lenny in his darkest moments might feel that he is not being supported by his employers on this issue and might decide to walk.
    Their silence is defeaning.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I suspect Neil will be disappointed that the Club haven't spoken up publicly about this matter, and given him their support. Makes the Club look like they have no backbone.

Strict liability for Clubs is the only way the sectarian problem is going to stop. I'm not sure I share your optimism about it being introduced any time soon though. Turkeys and Christmas, and of course the Rangers minded authorities know that Sevco would have the most to lose.
    It will be imposed, though, if the Bill is passed

Left by mutual consent!

And the football authorities, and clubs will then have something to say about it, having done nothing about the situation themselves for decades.

However, it's a Members Bill not a bill introduced by the Scottish Executive (the Scottish Government). In fact in its current state it's not even a bill just a proposal for a bill. It's not long come out of consultation and has a long way to go before it even gets to the main chamber. I wouldn't hold my breath. I think that would be a pretty tricky piece of legislation to get right.

i'm not sure I feel very comfortable about Holyrood imposing strict liability on Scottish football through legislation. I would rather see it adopted internally by the SFA through agreement by its member clubs. Although, I can't see that happening as the two clubs with most to lose will more than likely bully the spineless rest into submission.