hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Why are Hearts fans so sectarian?

It's a major problem for them and they just don't seem to want to address it. The whole situation should utterly embarrass Anne Budge and co. A large group of their fans are an utter disgrace. The sectarian disease is live and well down Gorgie way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

They always have been and always will be and it's set to get worse now in my opinion. Budge needs to root out these ********s and ban them sine die, will never happen of course. I really worry we are going to lose him.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    I think we need to sort our own sectarian mob out first before slagging off other clubs.

Agree with what your saying completely but Wednesday night was an embarrassment for our club. Never heard so many sectarian songs sung by our fans.

Songs about Lee Rigby not playing a drum anymore and songs singing about the IRA. We need to self police this out or it’s going to take over our identity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s quite simple - because they’re allowed to be.

Budge is quick to shout about the behaviour of other teams fans, but strangely loses her voice and ability to type out a statement when it comes to condemning the growing elements in her own support.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    They've no real sense of identity.

Being born in a run down dance hall isn't really a big establishment thing to sing about, they had a couple of songs to mock Hibs with but that's exploded on them so as their village idiots go trawling around for an identity the decent hearts fans seem to be allowing a growing minority far too much influence as they drag them further into the Sevco mire.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a major problem for them and they just don't seem to want to address it. The whole situation should utterly embarrass Anne Budge and co. A large group of their fans are an utter disgrace. The sectarian disease is live and well down Gorgie way.
    Unfortunately the knuckledragging minority are louder and more obvious than the sensible fans. It is a situation that has improved over the years but there is a resistant group who hang onto the old prejudices. I had hoped it would all die out eventually but one generation passes its sick legacy onto another.

I feel the problem has always existed at the top levels of Scottish football. No-one actually wants to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    I think we need to sort our own sectarian mob out first before slagging off other clubs.

Agree with what your saying completely but Wednesday night was an embarrassment for our club. Never heard so many sectarian songs sung by our fans.

Songs about Lee Rigby not playing a drum anymore and songs singing about the IRA. We need to self police this out or it’s going to take over our identity.

Our sectarian mob? Where do you sit at ER? For a minute I thought you were comparing us to Hearts and The Rangers.

Scary approach to a real issue in 2018

They want to feel important.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Watching the Hibs TV highlights earlier, and there was no commentary, just crowd noises. The Billy Boys chant in particular that didn’t tail off when it got to the bit about being up to their knees in Fenian blood. Sung with gusto by a large chunk of the Wheatfield stand. A poisonous club.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Our sectarian mob? Where do you sit at ER? For a minute I thought you were comparing us to Hearts and The Rangers.

We need to lead by example and have a zero tollerance approach to sectarianism at our club. It's a delusion, and ultimately the essence of the problem, to deny tgat it exists in our club. It's a very small minority, but it exists.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post

Section 48 east stand very back row.

Where you at the game on Wednesday? Anyone who denies that we have a sectarian element in our fan base is either deluded or stupid

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=edinburghhibee;5594015]I think we need to sort our own sectarian mob out first before slagging off other clubs.

We don't have the same level of problem as they have down Gorgie way, but if we have fans singing this kind of garbage we do need to address it. I don't here it at ER
    but if we have an element of the away support who think it's cool to joke about murdered soldiers or a foreign terrorist organisation they need dealt with. I remember IRA
    folk going around with collection buckets at Paddy's testimonial & certainly where I was they were told to gtf. No place at Easter Road, or for erseholes who chuck things at
    players or other fans.
    Hearts have a much bigger problem, but we are deluding ourselves if we think that means we don't need to clean up own own stuff.

Where you at the game on Wednesday? Anyone who denies that we have a sectarian element in our fan base is either deluded or stupid

I’m deluded and stupid then. Will deny rigourously that we have any sectarian problems within our support.

Gamer IDs

[QUOTE=Malthibby;5594044]

We don't have the same level of problem as they have down Gorgie way, but if we have fans singing this kind of garbage we do need to address it. I don't here it at ER
    but if we have an element of the away support who think it's cool to joke about murdered soldiers or a foreign terrorist organisation they need dealt with. I remember IRA
    folk going around with collection buckets at Paddy's testimonial & certainly where I was they were told to gtf. No place at Easter Road, or for erseholes who chuck things at
    players or other fans.
    Hearts have a much bigger problem, but we are deluding ourselves if we think that means we don't need to clean up own own stuff.
    Agree with this there’s no place in football for it not just at ER

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!

Our own sectarian mob, Jesus Christ. I've heard Hibs fans singing the racist Edinburgh song more times than I've heard Hibs fans singing a sectarian song, are we a racist club as well? I would bet that people will have heard more racist shouts from the stands than sectarian ones too. You will get a hand full of idiots at every ground who will say offensive things, we are no worse than a regular club. Hearts, on the other hand, regularly have thousands of their fans in the stadium signing a sectarian song, and their official singing section seem up to their knees in it. We are in no way comparable here, absolutely ridiculous comment.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’m deluded and stupid then. Will deny rigourously that we have any sectarian problems within our support.
    No problem least your admitting it. But I’ll put this to you, your telling me you haven’t heard the Stokesy’s da loves the ra song??

[QUOTE=edinburghhibee;5594061]
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthibby View Post

Agree with this there’s no place in football for it not just at ER

Nonsense son

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    Our own sectarian mob, Jesus Christ. I've heard Hibs fans singing the racist Edinburgh song more times than I've heard Hibs fans singing a sectarian song, are we a racist club as well? I would bet that people will have heard more racist shouts from the stands than sectarian ones too. You will get a hand full of idiots at every ground who will say offensive things, we are no worse than a regular club. Hearts, on the other hand, regularly have thousands of their fans in the stadium signing a sectarian song, and their official singing section seem up to their knees in it. We are in no way comparable here, absolutely ridiculous comment.
    Its more than a handful. And regardless of how many there is singing it it shouldn’t be anywhere near our club

Gamer IDs

[QUOTE=WoreTheGreen;5594070]

Nonsense son
    What’s nonsense about it?

Left by mutual consent!

Please don’t tell me they were singing the Lee Rigby song, if so that is utterly shameful and embarrassing especially when there is hundreds of ex and still serving soldiers who follow our great club.

@hibs.net private member

You do realise that singing about the IRA and Lee Rigby (appalling as that particular thing may be if true) are political issues and not sectarian??

Popcorn at the ready ..... maybe we are not as deluded as you suggest ...

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Its more than a handful. And regardless of how many there is singing it it shouldn’t be anywhere near our club

Neither should racism but hearing a few racist comments doesn't make us a racist club. Cannot believe what I am reading. Our own sectarian mob, ****ing hell.

No problem least your admitting it. But I’ll put this to you, your telling me you haven’t heard the Stokesy’s da loves the ra song??

Heard it once sung by about 4 fans at Partick Thistle away. A light hearted but daft song that never really took off. It’s not really a sectarian song though.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    You do realise that singing about the IRA and Lee Rigby (appalling as that particular thing may be if true) are political issues and not sectarian??

IRA would be political and sectarian issue...by definition basically...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    IRA would be political and sectarian issue...by definition basically...
    Eh. No! There are people of many religions that support the cause of a United Ireland..the IRA wasn’t a “catholic” organisation

Neither should racism but hearing a few racist comments doesn't make us a racist club. Cannot believe what I am reading. Our own sectarian mob, ****ing hell.
    Leave this wee clown well alone

Eh, our sectarian mob? Really?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    100 percent with you in this one. We have no sectarian issues at our club.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post

I take that on board these examples are political issues.

I can assure you it’s true. I’m not saying that we have a bigger or smaller element of these groups in our support tho I’m just pointing out that before we start mud slinging at hearts we need to take a look at ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReg! View Post
    Please don’t tell me they were singing the Lee Rigby song, if so that is utterly shameful and embarrassing especially when there is hundreds of ex and still serving soldiers who follow our great club.
    I didn't hear it and never have

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk