Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hibs Ladies

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good point

To answer you in order

Yes why not this would then help remove the ludicrous discrepancy in their prize money

There shouldn't be women and men's tees in golf, there should, as there is in the US, be tees for appropriate handicaps and I say this a single figure handicap golfer of well over 40 years.

There is nothing worse than watching some duffer trying to hit a 200 yard carry when their best shot goes 120 yards.

I played Celebration in Florida a couple of years back and watched 2 guys trying to hit the forced carries I could (which weren't that troubling for a decent player) and lose comfortably 20 balls in 18 holes between them, a truly soul destroying experience.

If they had played from the tees their handicaps merited instead of getting all macho it would have been a better experience for everyone.

I have played enough golf to know there are many many women out there who would comfortably skelp some males of their vanity handicaps.

My home course is lucky enough to have some very good women players and I have played in the past with a Scottish Internationalist I used to work with who could comfortably hold her own distance wise and had the touch of a genius around the greens.

Why not, wouldn't the distances just go down for those involved and it would even out?
    A fair response I’m all for real equality while not necessarily preventing competition within rather than across the sexes. Prize money will reflect interest and marketability and like any other worker reflect time on the job and while there are complaints of unequal prize money not sure I’ve heard the women tennis players ask to play the longer game in consequence.

I’m a keen duffer and the joy of the rare 200+ carry is worth the risk of repititious strain injury that normally applies

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    i think he means because ladies are generally shorter than men so it kinda makes sense.

Hockey and tennis are bad examples as even the shortest of players could reach the cross bar or see over the net!

Womens basketball? They do have lower hoop heights don’t they?
    Nope
    Basketball & Netball hoops both 10ft to the rim

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Scotland v USA friendly Live on BBC Alba tonight, a good test for the Ladies v the world champions although they're missing a few regulars

hope it's not a hammering
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 13-11-2018 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Scotland v USA friendly Live on BBC Alba tonight, a good test for the Ladies v the world champions although they're missing a few regulars

hope it's not a hammering
    Scotland played very well indeed. Shelley Kerr got the tactics spot on. They should give her the men’s team for the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Scotland played very well indeed. Shelley Kerr got the tactics spot on. They should give her the men’s team for the next game.

a good performance all round, also a pleasure watching the Ladies/Fans sing the national anthem with gusto...and in sync, and a fairly decent attendance of 3,790

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. She is very good and knowledgeable.

What shape were Scotland playing?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    a good performance all round, also a pleasure watching the Ladies/Fans sing the national anthem with gusto...and in sync, and a fairly decent attendance of 3,790
    Quite amazing how Hampden never seems to get this. Was watching the rugby on the tv on Saturday and the anthem is brilliant and they do it perfectly every time.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Quite amazing how Hampden never seems to get this. Was watching the rugby on the tv on Saturday and the anthem is brilliant and they do it perfectly every time.

and the murrayfield fans don't even need the pipes playing for the 2nd verse to keep them in sync

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. She is very good and knowledgeable.

What shape were Scotland playing?
    451 with a high press.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    And Jamie-Lee would give Martin Boyle a run for his money bolting down the wing.

We’ve got a very talented group of players in our women’s team, and I wish people would stop talking them down - they’re playing a key role in developing the women’s game in Scotland, and we should be proud that they represent Hibs, and be proud that our club takes the women’s game seriously.

A lot of people see what they want to see. Personally I think the quality is good, not far off the men's game, but that shouldn't matter anyway. All that matters is their relative quality against other teams in their league.