hibs.net Messageboard

Public Money, Private Profit

As an avid hillwalker and trail runner the below is something that has troubled me for a while. Seeing it in sucn stark terms brings it home though. Any of us could need these volunteers help one day:

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/news/mountain-rescue-teams-criticise-search-and-rescue-helicopter-contract/0018767/

As clear an example of profit and budget being put before safety and compassion as you will get.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Nothing that is funded by the public should ever be in private hands (see the BBC). If the public are funding the services, then the public should decide on how the services are best utilized. The idea that we all throw money into a pot, so that somebody else can spend it the way they see fit without us having a say on the matter is a complete joke.

Which is why I down right refuse to pay a licence.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing that is funded by the public should ever be in private hands (see the BBC). If the public are funding the services, then the public should decide on how the services are best utilized. The idea that we all throw money into a pot, so that somebody else can spend it the way they see fit without us having a say on the matter is a complete joke.

Yet you watch and listen to the BBC.

Cool. I like a man with principles.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned 1,789.68!

BBC? Mouthpiece of the British establishment?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

See when you get thrown in jail for not paying your licence, will you refuse to get in the G4S bus to Saughton?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    As an avid hillwalker and trail runner the below is something that has troubled me for a while. Seeing it in sucn stark terms brings it home though. Any of us could need these volunteers help one day:

https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/news...tract/0018767/

As clear an example of profit and budget being put before safety and compassion as you will get.
    Just got round to reading this. Appalling. I'm a bit lost for words tbh.