hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They should ask answer that question in ‘Racism 101’. Would save it coming up in every discussion ever about ‘blacking up’.

Or you could just do some reading. Either or.
    What is more racist blacking up or whitening Up?

I'm making my point badly here but what i am meaning to say is we should not constantly think of black people as being a victim. It's 2018 its time to change the mindset and see all people as equal. That means being able to laugh at all kinds of people black, white and whatever color of skin they have.

I often think that the far left is the most racist ideology on earth as it views and judges everything and everyone by the color of their skin.
    Last edited by HomeTeam; 05-11-2018 at 08:29 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post

I'm making my point badly here but what i am meaning to say is we should not constantly think of black people as being a victim. It's 2018 its time to change the mindset and see all people as equal. That means being able to laugh at all kinds of people black, white and whatever color of skin they have.

I often think that the far left is the most racist ideology on earth as it views and judges everything and everyone by the color of their skin.

Except for the past 300+ years, guess who have been (and continue to be) the main victims of racism? (hint, it's not white people).

There also isn't a long established tradition of black people dressing as white people to mock them solely for the entertainment of other white people. But well done on finding one example of black people using "white face".

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    (hint, it's not white people)
    ..and there it is. Nail on head.

I suppose being accused of being 'far left' makes a change from being called a 'Tory'. Thankfully I've yet to be accused of being 'far right'.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    I suppose being accused of being 'far left' makes a change from being called a 'Tory'. Thankfully I've yet to be accused of being 'far right'.
    Ridiculous, we know you're hardline SNP.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Except for the past 300+ years, guess who have been (and continue to be) the main victims of racism? (hint, it's not white people).

There also isn't a long established tradition of black people dressing as white people to mock them solely for the entertainment of other white people. But well done on finding one example of black people using "white face".
    Snoop Dogg also whitened up his face

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...V9QhZ8-mdTiMM:

I'd suggest racism has been going on in every country for over 300 years (Not specifically aimed at only black people) and will continue in some form for the next 300 years. Humans are tribal people and they will always be suspicious of who they perceive as being an outsider.

If you wanted you could look at racism through a religious context and see if there are any religions have racist views or specifically hold racist views against black people - it's not Christianity btw.

The clues are there if you want to look.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Snoop Dogg also whitened up his face

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...V9QhZ8-mdTiMM:

I'd suggest racism has been going on in every country for over 300 years (Not specifically aimed at only black people) and will continue in some form for the next 300 years. Humans are tribal people and they will always be suspicious of who they perceive as being an outsider.

If you wanted you could look at racism through a religious context and see if there are any religions have racist views or specifically hold racist views against black people - it's not Christianity btw.

The clues are there if you want to look.

http://c2.thejournal.ie/media/2015/10/ku-klux-klan-1991-cross-burning-752x501.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    http://c2.thejournal.ie/media/2015/10/ku-klux-klan-1991-cross-burning-752x501.jpg
    Yet it was the Christians in the UK that set about ending slavery.

I know the Talmud is specifically racist towards black people. There might be others?

Yet it was the Christians in the UK that set about ending slavery.

I know the Talmud is specifically racist towards black people. There might be others?
    Just typed Talmud racism into Google and there is plenty reading. All of it antisemitic fake news I would imagine.