hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Really sorry to hear this - absolutely dreadful.

Hope the little ***** that did this gets caught and severely dealt with. As you say, most folk will have seen or heard of this and therefore I hope he is wetting himself in anticipation of the 'knock on the door'.

Best wishes to the lady

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Just had news that she has a broken cheekbone.
    Also still can't hear anything in her right ear.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it will take a lot more than a stupid Jambo knocking me of my feet to make me stop going to see Hibs!

thank you for your offer though but i will be fine.

I hope your gran rises above it all and keeps going to see her team.
    Good to hear.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    FFS.

Just to reiterate, hope they catch this idiot.

@hibs.net private member
    Really sorry to hear that. Hope she makes a speedy, and full recovery

I watched the video ....absolutely disgusting and i hope the little pr1ck gets caught and jailed. Absolute coward throwing missiles at anyone. What happened to the days of square go's and organised battles.....seems like anyone with the opposite colours are fair game these days whilst poor sods like her are caught in the middle.....she could have been killed or he could have hit a kid.....they need to make an example of that piece of filth both in the court then in the jail

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Jeezo that is terrible. Hopefully make as quick a recovery as possible. Absolutely shameful.

Really sorry to hear about the damage that coward caused. It’s a lot harder for someone who’s 70 to recover from something as nasty as this so hope she takes strength from the goodwill messages coming in from all supporters. Idiots who throw missiles need to feel unwelcome at any game!

@hibs.net private member
    Can’t add anything to the good wishes already expressed but just wondering if Hibs might not extend a hand of friendship here and offer your relatives a corporate package for the derby in December. Maybe find a slot in the directors box beside Budgie?
    Better facilities than Tynecastle that may help restore her confidence.
    No idea how practical that might be but just feel everyone needs to pull together

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Needs to see a decent lawyer to ensure that she is properly compensated for the criminal injuries caused here, especially if there's any ongoing problems / expenses. A prosecution of the **** involved here must surely follow as its looking like a pretty serious consequence to a mindless assault.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5

This must be extremely distressing for her (and you) and particularly so at her age. I hope she makes a good recovery from this physically and mentally as soon as possible and that she is back at Tynecastle or Easter Road giving us grief on match days.

It won't help that she has been so viciously assaulted by a 'fan' of her own team which I would imagine will add further hurt. Whoever this clown is, his behaviour is solely down to him as a person - not to do with his being a Hearts fan. I think it's important for people to be stressing that to her because when something as invasive and shocking as this happens to you the last thing you need to feel is that what you regarded as your own community is somehow alien to you or not what you thought it was. I am sure the club will work hard to address that.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    No doubt most people in Edinburgh will have heard of or seen the footage of my auntie getting hit with a beer bottle at Murrayfield.
    Well despite me offering to sit in the Hearts end with her she never attended the derby.
    She has not missed a Hearts game home or away in the league, cups, Europe or friendlies for over 30 years.
    She has not left her house since the incident happened & is relying on her family to get any shopping.
    This mum, nana, auntie is a broken woman & I hope that barsteward rots in hell.
    That is horrible thing to read and a true sad story. I'm sure there are many hearts fans who will be as equally disappointed with this as you are and really ashamed of the Hearts fan who did this as we all are. Sadly football has its fair share of idiots at all the 42 member clubs who do not think before they act.

Hopefully in time she can return to Tynecastle to support her club. it's none of my business how you handle things but I think it would be worth while writing to Hearts owner Anne Budge to explain to her how the impact of Sundays Murrayfield incident has made her feel and with any luck Hearts will try to help support your Aunt by maybe putting her into the hospitality section as a sign of support? Good Luck

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks all for the kind words. It's so humbling to hear.

She has been advised to stay away from football for 6 weeks due to her broken/fractured cheekbone, all it would take is for someone to bump into her & her jaw could drop.

Ann Budge is getting slated by lots of people (Not on .net) for not saying much on this incident but I can confirm that she has offered to do all she can to get my auntie back where she belongs.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I hope she recovers fully and as quickly as possible. Its easier said than done but I sincerely hope she gets back to supporting the team she has spent decades and decades, for better and for worse, supporting and dont let some stupid hardman wanna be thug put her off. Who the hell is he to stop her watching her beloved team? God bless.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    That is horrible thing to read and a true sad story. I'm sure there are many hearts fans who will be as equally disappointed with this as you are and really ashamed of the Hearts fan who did this as we all are. Sadly football has its fair share of idiots at all the 42 member clubs who do not think before they act.

Hopefully in time she can return to Tynecastle to support her club. it's none of my business how you handle things but I think it would be worth while writing to Hearts owner Anne Budge to explain to her how the impact of Sundays Murrayfield incident has made her feel and with any luck Hearts will try to help support your Aunt by maybe putting her into the hospitality section as a sign of support? Good Luck
    I have been informed that someone sent Ann Budge my message from hibs.net, when I said I would sit in the Hearts end with my auntie on Wednesday if it meant she would go to the derby.
    She was going to make it happen.
    Bit it was to soon for her to return.

First Team Breakthrough
    I have been informed that someone sent Ann Budge my message from hibs.net, when I said I would sit in the Hearts end with my auntie on Wednesday if it meant she would go to the derby.
    She was going to make it happen.
    Bit it was to soon for her to return.
    Fair play......

it will take a lot more than a stupid Jambo knocking me of my feet to make me stop going to see Hibs!

thank you for your offer though but i will be fine.

I hope your gran rises above it all and keeps going to see her team.
    That's the spirit

That is a disgrace A.
    Can't imagine having to suffer such an injury and incident at that age.
    Wrong in every way.

For the attention of Gorgie Greens

Hi,

I cant stop thinking of how frightened your gran/auntie will be feeling and thought id write this wee note to her through you. I hope you dont mind.

Hi, ILike many others i have read the post of you being hit by a bottle at the Celtic v Hearts game last Sunday

To say i was disgusted is only partialy how i feel about but this is not about me or them its written to you and i hope it will make sense to you.

I am just about as old as you are and i too enjoy going all over to see my team play. Ive been doing this for 54yrs now and ive travelled all over Europe to Trinidad Tobago

and nothing has ever happened to me on all these trips.

Yet like yourself i was assaulted after the game against Hibs on Wednesday night by a neandethal Hearts supporter pushing me with a shoulder charge off the pavement and on to the ground. This i know is nothing to the injury and fear you must have felt but the feeling of being frightened and vulnerable was how i felt too.

I wanted to cry but couldnt as i kept thinking if i did they will have won and im not one for backing down to intimidation of any sort.

I swore to myself i wasnt going back to Tyncastle again to be put into a situation like that again and i convinced my self id do this.

After i had calmed down a bit i thought it over again and descided that i wasnt going to let them beat me and my enjoyment of my football was not going to be
    spoiled by some eejit taking his frustrations on his team dictate to me what i could and couldnt do!!

Im surmmising you are still in shock and disbelief at what happened to you and i can understand that only too well. PLEASE dont let them take the pleasure of supporting your team home and away. Its your team and your pleasure and you cant let anything like this take that away from you.

at our age we dont have many things to keep us going and our football does that. It gives us a purpose to get up in the morning and look forward to the next game.

Your allegiance to your team is powerfull and passionate dont let that die because of them. Supporting my team has brought me through many ups and downs in my life and i have always felt that in times of trouble they are always there waiting on me.

Your too good a person and a supporter to let this get you down. I know you have a good family around you who will be worried about you and want to to do everything to help you get back on your feet again. Let them help you till your connfidence returns and your back hale and hearty.

I hope this post makes some sense to you time's a great healer and with all the love surrounding you you will come through this trauma and enjoy the football again.

We may well be on opposing sides as far as out allegience lies but we have to stick together and be strong for ourselves to win!

I wish you all the very best on the road to recovery and hope you will be in the away stand at Easter Road on 29th December at 3pm...... dont be late!

Has the boy been caught yet?

Like everyone else I hope the cowardly little scrote who threw the bottle gets his just desserts … it doesn't matter a toss that his intended target was Celtic fans and hitting one of his own was obviously not what he intended … if the bottle had hit a kid amongst the Celtic fans and seriously injured them it would be no different … as I'm sure the court will point out to him when he is sentenced. Get well soon to the lady he hit I hope you are back at Tynecastle soon.

As for Stanton's Angel. What happened to you was in my eyes actually worse … the bottle incident was at long range and the stupid prick had no idea who it was going to hit. The guy who barged you off the pavement must have known you were a woman, call me old fashioned but I come from a time and place where to hit a female was considered as cowardly an act as you could get, never mind an older lady ….. If that had been my mate I would have shopped him to the police as quick as I could and I highly doubt we would still be mates …… what a despicable act of cowardice that was.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Hi,

I cant stop thinking of how frightened your gran/auntie will be feeling and thought id write this wee note to her through you. I hope you dont mind.

Hi, ILike many others i have read the post of you being hit by a bottle at the Celtic v Hearts game last Sunday

To say i was disgusted is only partialy how i feel about but this is not about me or them its written to you and i hope it will make sense to you.

I am just about as old as you are and i too enjoy going all over to see my team play. Ive been doing this for 54yrs now and ive travelled all over Europe to Trinidad Tobago

Yet like yourself i was assaulted after the game against Hibs on Wednesday night by a neandethal Hearts supporter pushing me with a shoulder charge off the pavement and on to the ground. This i know is nothing to the injury and fear you must have felt but the feeling of being frightened and vulnerable was how i felt too.

I wanted to cry but couldnt as i kept thinking if i did they will have won and im not one for backing down to intimidation of any sort.

I swore to myself i wasnt going back to Tyncastle again to be put into a situation like that again and i convinced my self id do this.

After i had calmed down a bit i thought it over again and descided that i wasnt going to let them beat me and my enjoyment of my football was not going to be
    spoiled by some eejit taking his frustrations on his team dictate to me what i could and couldnt do!!

Im surmmising you are still in shock and disbelief at what happened to you and i can understand that only too well. PLEASE dont let them take the pleasure of supporting your team home and away. Its your team and your pleasure and you cant let anything like this take that away from you.

at our age we dont have many things to keep us going and our football does that. It gives us a purpose to get up in the morning and look forward to the next game.

Your allegiance to your team is powerfull and passionate dont let that die because of them. Supporting my team has brought me through many ups and downs in my life and i have always felt that in times of trouble they are always there waiting on me.

Your too good a person and a supporter to let this get you down. I know you have a good family around you who will be worried about you and want to to do everything to help you get back on your feet again. Let them help you till your connfidence returns and your back hale and hearty.

I hope this post makes some sense to you time's a great healer and with all the love surrounding you you will come through this trauma and enjoy the football again.

We may well be on opposing sides as far as out allegience lies but we have to stick together and be strong for ourselves to win!

I wish you all the very best on the road to recovery and hope you will be in the away stand at Easter Road on 29th December at 3pm...... dont be late!
    Top post.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Hi,

Well said that is a fantastic message to send.

@hibs.net private member
    Hi,

Fantastic post.
    I am going to print of all these humble & heartfelt messages & put them in a card for her to read.

@hibs.net private member
    You really can't underestimate the power of social media.

The video has had over half a million views on FB.

There is sometimes a funny moment when the chips are down.

My aunties grandson said to her "Nana your famous everyone is talking about you BUT could you not have just won the lottery"

Priceless

You really can't underestimate the power of social media.

The video has had over half a million views on FB.

There is sometimes a funny moment when the chips are down.

My aunties grandson said to her "Nana your famous everyone is talking about you BUT could you not have just won the lottery"

Priceless
    out of the mouth of babes!

Fantastic post.
    I am going to print of all these humble & heartfelt messages & put them in a card for her to read.
    I think that is a great idea! i hope she recovers well.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Well said that is a fantastic message to send.
    thank you and i meant every word of it!

Despite this lady's allegience it all comes down to "just a game of football" as my mum was forever telling me.

But we know its not just that.

We have to use the pride and the passion we have for our football team to make us strong enought to get over things like this.

Its when you sit down and think of it you realise you cant let them win, you must get the strenghth from your family around you and stand up again.

it aint easy i know but we cant let the B.....ds get u s down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Top post.
    Thank you i meant every word of that!

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    Has the boy been caught yet?
    Police Scotland have just tweeted a 26 year old man has been arrested,,,, hopefully this gives GorgieGreens aunt a little closure and allows her to slowly get back to her normal self knowing this thug has been nailed!