hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís what politics has become everywhere. Every party/movement is basically an echo chamber designed to spread bull**** and make their opponents look bad. It used to just be the politicians who did it but not any longer unfortunately.
    Society in general. It used to be that you had to actually do something positive to set yourself above average, now all you have to do is blacken the image of others to achieve the same.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thatís what politics has become everywhere. Every party/movement is basically an echo chamber designed to spread bull**** and make their opponents look bad. It used to just be the politicians who did it but not any longer unfortunately.
    Yep, I guess so. Plus people quite happy to pass on stuff they must know is rubbish that's then picked up and amplified by people who genuinely can't work out that it's rubbish. Ho hum.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,937
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím sure you found your post amusing but sadly itís not, mon the anti trade union nats


    It didn't take long for your mask to slip. Brother Bain would be impressed.


    SCOTLAND CAN.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,695
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    It didn't take long for your mask to slip. Brother Bain would be impressed.
    Brother Bain?

    I see the Scottish Government are being accused by the EIS of sending misleading information to teachers and interfering in their referendum and undermining its democracy.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    12,226
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brother Bain?

    I see the Scottish Government are being accused by the EIS of sending misleading information to teachers and interfering in their referendum and undermining its democracy.
    The Scottish Government AND COSLA joint letter explaining the offer of a minimum 3% pay rise.

    I worked in local government for the last 30 years and had to accept pay freeze and 1% 'rises' for the past 10 years, how any Union could possible think there would suddenly be money to offer 10% in a single year is folly? Yes, teachers and other local authority workers are worth more, but where is the money coming from?
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Scottish Government AND COSLA joint letter explaining the offer of a minimum 3% pay rise.

    I worked in local government for the last 30 years and had to accept pay freeze and 1% 'rises' for the past 10 years, how any Union could possible think there would suddenly be money to offer 10% in a single year is folly? Yes, teachers and other local authority workers are worth more, but where is the money coming from?
    The more powers and money that the SG control, the more they realise that governing is hard and inevitably means pissing people off at times.

    The current govt have done a good job so far of being for all good things and against all bad things. Its issues like this that start to chip away at that.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Scottish Government AND COSLA joint letter explaining the offer of a minimum 3% pay rise.

    I worked in local government for the last 30 years and had to accept pay freeze and 1% 'rises' for the past 10 years, how any Union could possible think there would suddenly be money to offer 10% in a single year is folly? Yes, teachers and other local authority workers are worth more, but where is the money coming from?
    Where the money is coming from is not the point. Teachers' (and public sector workers in general) have put up with erosion of their salaries for years. Their union are well within their rights to point this out and how much of a rise they would need to rectify the situation. Of course they may have to settle for less but they would failing their members if they didn't push it as hard as they can.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,937
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brother Bain?

    I see the Scottish Government are being accused by the EIS of sending misleading information to teachers and interfering in their referendum and undermining its democracy.
    You forgot, cosla. ✌

    Peace brother.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved