hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Derby predictions?

I'll go 1-1. They've a few players (allegedly) out but our record there is abysmal.

2-0 cabbage, early goal from Flo and a break away in the 2nd half from Boyle.

0-0.however, an early Hibs goal first half hour and I'm going 0-3.
    Cougars!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rehabacrossthesea Wii Code: 4040
    Sainsburys staff 0 v 2 Cabbage

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    1-3 Hibs. I've had the feeling we're due them a pumping at PBS for a few years now. Never seems to happen though.

@hibs.net private member
    1-0 Hibs or 0-0

Blog Entries
    I hope for but never expect a win there, so a draw would be a great result. 0-0 or a jammy 1-0 win for them.

3-0 Mallan,Kamberi & Efe

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Early goal for us and it’s ours...the longer it goes on, the more chance they have of sneaking one and then shutting up shop.

2-1 them. People predicting 0-3 and the like never seem to learn do they?

Last derby at Tynecastle where either side won by more than two clear goals was January 2006. It's just not happening, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2-1 them. People predicting 0-3 and the like never seem to learn do they?

Last derby at Tynecastle where either side won by more than two clear goals was January 2006. It's just not happening, sorry.
    They literally never learn. Its always ''we're due them one''

We're due them nothing. We're due what we get which is often nothing. We need to turn up and play to our potential for once.

I'd take a draw. Smart money on 0-0 IMO. Games there are dreadful. Would absolutely love us to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

We're due them nothing. We're due what we get which is often nothing. We need to turn up and play to our potential for once.

I'd take a draw. Smart money on 0-0 IMO. Games there are dreadful. Would absolutely love us to win it.
    All the usual clichés come out, while the previous games might play a small part in the psychology of the two squads, it is by and large completely irrelevant. With the two teams at fairly even ability, what appears to be happening in the last few years is:

Hearts come to Easter Road and aren't able to hunt in packs and close Hibs' passing down quick enough, Hibs win 1 or 2-0.

Hibs go to Tynecastle, there's precious little space for any football, Hearts run over the top of us and are ruthlessly clinical with the few chances they create. Hibs do well to get a point out of any game there, but quite often end up losing.

Based on all of the above, coupled with the fact that Hearts have made an exceptionally good start to the season, means that chances of winning, let alone by a two or three goal margin, are slim.

They are very good at Tynecastle, we similarly have turned Easter Road into a fortress, it comes as little surprise to me that there hasn't been an away win in this fixture since April 2014.
    Last edited by HibeeHibernian4; 29-10-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Prediction = Tight as a ducks hole. 1 nil either way! First team to score wins!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post

Never learn what? Learn to be a boring, disillusioned, cynical fart who can’t even muster up that little bit of excitement and belief that we could go there and pump them for once?

**** that. The day I ‘learn’ to become more concerned about predicting a correct score instead of getting excited about the fact it just might be the game where we put 8 past them is the day I give up.

No thanks. 3-0 Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Never learn what? Learn to be a boring, disillusioned, cynical fart who can’t even muster up that little bit of excitement and belief that we could go there and pump them for once?

**** that. The day I ‘learn’ to become more concerned about predicting a correct score instead of getting excited about the fact it just might be the game where we put 8 past them is the day I give up.

No thanks. 3-0 Hibs.
    The sort of mentality that I laugh at when I see it on Kickback.

If we win, I'll be as happy as any Hibs fan, in fact probably happier as I genuinely think there's about a 10% chance of it happening on Wednesday, so I'd be even more surprised/delighted by it.

I personally think that it's "boring" to repeat the same cycle of "we're going to ****ing pump the gunts this time!" only to be crestfallen when the usual script of a 0-0, 1-1, 1-0 or 2-1 Hearts win unfolds.

Of course I'm excited, but you'd have to be naïve in the extreme to pretend a pumping is possible. Levein would genuinely rather die than let his side concede 4+ goals to us at Tynie.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post

No thanks. 3-0 Hibs.
    As long as your having fun.

I don't see any point in deluding myself. It will be a very tight game.

Tight game, either a draw or one in it either way. Like 90% of all Edinburgh derbies.

I don’t think we’ll lose.

Whether we win or draw is down to how Lennon sets us up. He’s always had us up for it against them at ER. At Tynecastle I think he’s been too cautious. I hope he goes for it.

The weekend cup defeat, the manner of it and the injuries they have has in my opinion turned this game into being winnable.

Assuming Naismith is out and also Haring - our team will be player for player better in almost all positions.

Kamberi and Boyle vs McLean and Wigtown

Ambrose and Hanlon/Porteous v Dunne and Dikamona

Smith v SDG

Mallan v Bosniac

0-2 Hibs win
    Last edited by Col2; 29-10-2018 at 05:54 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Draw or defeat.

Are we good enough to win? Yes. Are we the better team? Probably. Will we win? Probably not.

I'm now feeling confident, which makes me uneasy. Heart is saying 3-0 win. Head is saying we lose 1-0 on some dodgy penalty.

Hearts to drag us down to their level on the Tiny pitch in a 0-0 draw, which they will then celebrate by releasing a commemorative DVD just in time for Christmas.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    We’re going to pump them

Need David Gray

It’s vital that we have our captain in the team on Wednesday night. He provides Hibs with authority and presence which we will need in that bear pit of a stadium. It‘s time for this batch of Hibs players to be remembered as one that recorded a victory at a Tiny. Lennon needs to get them up for this and perform. I don’t have any doubt that Hibs are a better footballing team than Hearts. Wednesday night is the time to prove it. We need to get over these hammer throwing and hoofball comments even though there is a lot of truth in them. Get the message across by beating them on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    It’s vital that we have our captain in the team on Wednesday night. He provides Hibs with authority and presence which we will need in that bear pit of a stadium. It‘s time for this batch of Hibs players to be remembered as one that recorded a victory at a Tiny. Lennon needs to get them up for this and perform. I don’t have any doubt that Hibs are a better footballing team than Hearts. Wednesday night is the time to prove it. We need to get over these hammer throwing and hoofball comments even though there is a lot of truth in them. Get the message across by beating them on Wednesday.
    Exactly!!

Cheers Paisley Hibby. We are both at an age when we remember all of the Hibs victories at Tiny in the last 40 years.....there haven’t been many. This Hibs team is good enough to record another....a narrow victory 2 - 1 I hope.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Gaun the wife.

0-5

3-1 hibs. Think we will be right up for it from the start, the players know they are the better side.