hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Tiny Tynie

Tiny Tynie

We all know about Hearts' tiny stadium and tiny pitch, but does anyone know if they've sorted the issue with the farce of an entrance to the 4 turnstiles at the away end?

Or should we be expecting it to take us 25 minutes to get in to the ground again?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all know about Hearts' tiny stadium and tiny pitch, but does anyone know if they've sorted the issue with the farce of an entrance to the 4 turnstiles at the away end?

Or should we be expecting it to take us 25 minutes to get in to the ground again?

Theres 6 is there not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Theres 6 is there not?
    Yes I believe there is now an extra 2 so should make a reasonable difference
    Last edited by Blaster; 29-10-2018 at 08:49 AM.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    After the horror stories I heard from some of the recent games I always make sure I turn up pretty much when the ground opens.

As far as i know its still the same, i.e. a total shambles

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The biggest complaints were of the claustrophobic pen where you awaited to enter one of the four turnstiles. Given that the four turnstiles are in one small block, two more added in to the side won’t cut the congestion by much but the waiting time should be slightly less.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Yes I believe there is now an extra 2 so should make a reasonable difference
    I’m sure there was always 6. It’s not the amount of turnstiles but the way I’m which your herded into the pen.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    They’ve always had 6 however only 5 were in use at the first game. I walked past at the Scotland v England U21’s and it looked the same. Get there early folks!

Have they added any lights? It was the total darkness rather than the crowd that bothered me last time. Not in a 'I'm scared of the dark' way but it would have been all too easy for someone to trip in the dark and that could really cause problems.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Have they added any lights? It was the total darkness rather than the crowd that bothered me last time. Not in a 'I'm scared of the dark' way but it would have been all too easy for someone to trip in the dark and that could really cause problems.
    I thought the same the last time I was there. When everyone is herded together so tightly it just needs one person to trip over the pavement just as you approach the gates and it could cause chaos.

I'm sure the Police will have it all in hand on Wednesday though

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    I’m sure there was always 6. It’s not the amount of turnstiles but the way I’m which your herded into the pen.
    I thought I read they had added 2 extra turnstiles a few months back due to issues at the games involving us and Celtic. Not sure if it was from 4 to 6 or 6 to 8 but recall a thread on here about it at the time

I'm in Gorgie at the moment, and seeing I'm a good guy I'll take a wander down McLeod St to have a look at how many turnstiles are there, and if they have shelled out on a couple of overhead lights too.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I walked past it when I was at the u21 game last week. The away entrance is still a death trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I walked past it when I was at the u21 game last week. The away entrance is still a death trap.

TBF, so is the Wheatfield entrance.

I honestly don't know how they get away with it.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post

Reminds me of the Spurs v Yams game in the Europa league and that it was a bit embarrassing trying to get in with other spurs fans who were stunned that such a shambles of a ground could pass in top flight professional football.

Enjoyed the game very much though....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    I'm in Gorgie at the moment, and seeing I'm a good guy I'll take a wander down McLeod St to have a look at how many turnstiles are there, and if they have shelled out on a couple of overhead lights too.
    Well.
    Where's the feedback or are you still looking for it?

Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    Well.
    Where's the feedback or are you still looking for it?
    Eight all together, six original and they've bolted another two large steel turnstiles onto the side of the turnstile building. Couldn't see any added lighting for supporters at the entrance, but there was some mobile lighting for the turf stored in the pen!