Thread: El Radgio

El Radgio

I fancy Hibs 2-1.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Aul' Reekio?

0-1 Hibs

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    HIBS win

Even the bedwetters must be more confident than they were this time last week

I predict that by the end of the game the Hearts fans will be fighting amongst themselves again

I confidently predicted before the season that the trend would continue and we’d win both derbies at Easter Road and them winning both at Tynecastle.

I now think we’ll come away with at least a point.

Left by mutual consent!
    2-0 Hibs and I’m never confident.

Testimonial Due
    0-0 even though they might have most of their core first teamers out injured.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Prior to Sunday I was mentally preparing myself for certain defeat.

Now, after Hearts being given a reality check and potential injuries to key players, we may have an outside chance. We have a good team that can compete physically with them and are playing very well at the moment. However, the following issues still remain:
    • Sunday and Ibrox aside, they are playing better. They're 8 points ahead of us (though we have a game in hand).
    • In one and a half years at Tynecastle they have only lost once, to Celtic.
    • We haven't won there in 9 games and 5 years. McGinn, McGeouch and the rest of the cup winning team, for all their endeavor, couldn't win there.
    • Their stupidly narrow pitch will impair our usual wide play.
    • We still have issues with converting chances, and we get very few at Tynecastle. They are an extremely clinical side.
    • I've been to that ****ing ground 18 ****ing times and have only seen us win twice, so any degree of confidence I ever had has been gradually sapped out of me with every crushing defeat.

2-1 Hearts.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 29-10-2018 at 12:04 PM.

El Shanio

Think it'll be 1-1 going into the closing stages and a late winner for 2-1

Jamie Maclaren to net the winner...

Lets be honest here, if we turn up we will do em!! And they will kick us off the park in the process!! No change there eh? I think we need an early goal and settle the nerves!!

2-0 us

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    We have nothing to fear going to Tynie. Given the result at the weekend, I wonder if this morning Levein is thinking , we must make sure that we win on Wednesday or we must make sure that we don't lose?

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think hearts will be as an attacking threat as they would have say a fortnight ago.

In the simplest terms, we only need to score once to win in my opinion.

1-0 Hibs or 0-0.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think hearts will be as an attacking threat as they would have say a fortnight ago.

In the simplest terms, we only need to score once to win in my opinion.

1-0 Hibs or 0-0.
    Not technically true. Ive seen us score before against them but still come away with a 0-0 draw

@hibs.net private member
    The ref will play a part. If he books early then that stops them stopping us with foul play and we will go on to win. That never seems to happen to us so I'll go for a 0-0 snore draw

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

Now, after Hearts being given a reality check and potential injuries to key players, we may have an outside chance. We have a good team that can compete physically with them and are playing very well at the moment. However, the following issues still remain:
    • Sunday and Ibrox aside, they are playing better. They're 8 points ahead of us (though we have a game in hand).
    • In almost 2 years at Tynecastle they have only lost once, to Celtic.
    • We haven't won there in 9 games and 5 years. McGinn, McGeouch and the rest of the cup winning team, for all their endeavor, couldn't win there.
    • We still have issues with converting chances, and we get very few at Tynecastle. They are an extremely clinical side.
    • I've been to that ****ing ground 18 ****ing times and have only seen us win twice, so any degree of confidence I ever had has been gradually sapped out of me with every crushing defeat.

2-1 Hearts.
    In the last two years they've lost at Tynecastle to Aberdeen (twice), Celtic (twice) and Ross County in the league. They also lost to Dunfermline in the League Cup and after drawing 0-0 with Hibs in the Scottish Cup at home went on to lose the tie. Plus of course they should have lost the derby where Oli Shaw's goal was seen by everyone in the stadium bar the referee and his assistant.

Granted, however, Levein has built the type of side that has made them hard to beat in a stadium with such tight confines, so it's no gimme that we'll win. As I've said on another thread I'll pretty much always take a point at Tynecastle even though on our day we should be good enough to take all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Not technically true. Ive seen us score before against them but still come away with a 0-0 draw
    I've seen that happen twice.

@hibs.net private member
    1-1

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    I've seen that happen twice.
    The other was borderline criminal it was that much over the line! Had Leigh first goal and a Hibs win too! Utter rage.

Then there was the time we got a goal disallowed for nothing up our end at the pbs, defender, can’t remember his name?

Jordan Forster? Was given offside but he was well onside.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    The other was borderline criminal it was that much over the line! Had Leigh first goal and a Hibs win too! Utter rage.

Then there was the time we got a goal disallowed for nothing up our end at the pbs, defender, can’t remember his name?
    Forster. Given as offside when he was nowhere near.

We lost 2-0 but that would have made it 1-1 and if we'd got another we'd have relegated them. The amount of decisions they get is criminal.

I guarantee when goal line technology is introduced in the top division we'll NEVER have a contentious goal-line issue again in a derby, and they'll get goals given that are literally 0.00000000001mm over the line.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Got a real hunch that we'll be two up after half an hour. Not sure how it will go after that but if we don't hold that lead I'll be disappointed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    i think you'll find it has to hit the back of the net before it counts as a goal for Hibs ...that's derby rules

We’re due a win there and we’re well good enough.

• In almost 2 years at Tynecastle they have only lost once, to Celtic.

2-1 Hearts.
    Can we? We have a midfield capable of playing good football if its allowed to, but I don't see much in the likes of Hyndman, Mallan or Slivka which suggests we could win the physical midfield battle which so often defines derby matches, especially at the Rust arena. Milligan will have a huge part to play in this game, if he can impose himself it will be a huge factor for us … practically every time we have done well there you can point to the contribution of Marvin Bartley .. if Milligan can do the same job with the added bonus of the fact that he is better in the ball than Marv our chances of a positive result improve markedly.

Of course the way to negate all of this is to get the ball wide quickly, but that's hard to do on a pitch that has no width. We could try to draw Hertz out, but the only way to do that is get the first goal, and that's the problem.

Left by mutual consent!
    Forster. Given as offside when he was nowhere near.

We lost 2-0 but that would have made it 1-1 and if we'd got another we'd have relegated them. The amount of decisions they get is criminal.

I guarantee when goal line technology is introduced in the top division we'll NEVER have a contentious goal-line issue again in a derby, and they'll get goals given that are literally 0.00000000001mm over the line.
    Yeah Jordan I forgot him. And the other part I agree. They are that spawny it’s part of the reason I forget how much I hate they pricks.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanRuff View Post
    Jordan Forster? Was given offside but he was well onside.
    👍

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hibs are playing well this year, good team spirit and Lennon has had a good break to work with the players for this match.

We need a scalp to ignite this season a wee bit so it might as well be the league leaders on their home patch.

Get intae them Hibs.

Any news on Grays fitness, would feel a lot more confident if he plays, if Naismith is even 60/40 unfit...they will play him.

I honestly don't think yesterday's games is a proper indicator of how good a team Hearts are. Celtc have really come onto their game in the last few weeks, as we learned to our cost, and I think any other Scottish side would have struggled yesterday.

Also the game is at Tynecastle, where they have a genuine home advantage. I'm not confident about this one, especially as we still have quite a few first picks missing.

Oh and can we please stop with the 'Bedwetter' nonsense. Realism is not bed-wetting.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    In the last two years they've lost at Tynecastle to Aberdeen (twice), Celtic (twice) and Ross County in the league. They also lost to Dunfermline in the League Cup and after drawing 0-0 with Hibs in the Scottish Cup at home went on to lose the tie. Plus of course they should have lost the derby where Oli Shaw's goal was seen by everyone in the stadium bar the referee and his assistant.

Granted, however, Levein has built the type of side that has made them hard to beat in a stadium with such tight confines, so it's no gimme that we'll win. As I've said on another thread I'll pretty much always take a point at Tynecastle even though on our day we should be good enough to take all three.
    Oops - got my maths completely wrong. I meant one and a half years, the losses to Aberdeen/County game were long enough ago to be insignificant (i.e. when Cathro was in charge) and the Dunfermline game was a draw followed by a penalty loss (I don't count the recent LC QF against Aberdeen for the same reasons).

Shaw's goal if given would have completely changed the dynamic of the game, so it's no given to say we would have won - just that we would have been ahead. Whether they would have been able to respond, we don't know. I reckon if we take the lead early then we'll be well placed to win - it's just doing the ****ing thing that's the problem.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    Any news on Grays fitness, would feel a lot more confident if he plays, if Naismith is even 60/40 unfit...they will play him.
    Gray trained today lightly. 50:50 for weds.