hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Mallan and Maclaren

I don't think we can play both players at the same time. Maclaren offers very little apart from his goals and Mallan doesn't seem to offer much apart from his set pieces and shots. Neither work that hard for the team in terms of tracking back and digging in and I think playing with two players like that affects the balance. Teams like Killie and St Johnstone don't have the quality we have, but have 11 Trojans all working hard for each other.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    However many threads do we need knocking our players?

Mallan works very hard and keeps the shape well. He isn't McGinn charging around into tackles but he certainly can be played with a 2 striker formation. Aberdeen in the cup he was winning tackles and tracking so it can happen.

I don't really want guys who run around alot like Liam Craig instead.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Not getting this really. Mallan worked hard against Aberdeen and MacLaren might not be match fit yet. It was a difficult game for anyone to shine in and we played better than Aberdeen apart from missed chances. They scored from one long distance shot after an assist by the wind.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we can play both players at the same time. Maclaren offers very little apart from his goals and Mallan doesn't seem to offer much apart from his set pieces and shots. Neither work that hard for the team in terms of tracking back and digging in and I think playing with two players like that affects the balance. Teams like Killie and St Johnstone don't have the quality we have, but have 11 Trojans all working hard for each other.
    Rubbish

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Can we add a thread slating Boyle too ? Add a bit of Efe bombscare, Daz is finished, Mallan only scores and takes sets pieces and Lennon is tactically inept and we have the perfect Hibs net storm.

Oh aye, forget to have a swipe at the fans for not backing HSL and whilst we’re at it, and some on here truly are, we can chuck in away tickets, seagulls, food, tannoy.

I wish we were Tom Kite and then we wouldn’t have to worry about being Tom Kite.

‘Mallan is only use for taking free kicks’

The biggest lot of absolute tripe I’ve ever read... and I’ve read it plenty times on here and on social media recently.

Utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    However many threads do we need knocking our players?
    Yip it's pathetic

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    ‘Mallan is only use for taking free kicks’

The biggest lot of absolute tripe I’ve ever read... and I’ve read it plenty times on here and on social media recently.

Utter garbage.
    Totally agree!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    If we dont have a poacher type striker we get posts all the time saying we need one, when we do have one we get posts like this saying they are useless.

Mallan didn't play well against Aberdeen or St Johstone, he almost scored twice vs hearts in a game that a red card changed completely.

Players will always have off days, supporters should support them for the long haul, that's why football is judged over a whole season and not 1 or 2 games.

I'm not saying either player are bad players, I just don't think the balance is right to play them in the same team.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    You have obviously forgotten about last season.

I despair this. Net at times.

How about we back the team, instead of constantly criticism them.

Neil is the best thing that has happened to us in years.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    On behalf of all Trojans, I would like to express my outrage at the ethnic stereotyping inherent in the OP.

Many of us sons of Troy are work-shy *******s.

Signed,

Hector the half-arsed.

I think Mallan does a lot more than people think, keeps the ball well and switched the play well. I think he puts a shift in and gets stuck in sometimes but not as much as he could.

There is too much pressure on him to be our main creative player when In actual fact he isn't that type of player.

I think Mallan's just had a couple of games where he hasn't played to his usual standard. IMO, he's a very hard worker and I enjoy watching him play.

As for MacLaren, I think players that can poach goals and do little else are perfectly acceptable...but only when they are actually scoring.

Hopefully he'll get up to speed again soon, and start scoring goals. Then he can hang around the opposition goal all day for me.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar

Deary ****** me.

I think it's a fair point, and I was wondering the same.

It isn't necessarily criticising either player, but questioning whether or not the two can play in the same team, and given we haven't been as good as last season it is a reasonable question to ask.

Hyndman is more like Scott Allan, more likely to create chances for other players than Mallan does who is more creative from set pieces rather than open play.

Maybe Hyndman in behind Kamberi and McLaren would work better?

Or Mallan off Kamberi with Boyle and Agyepong/ Horgan out wide?

It's a question that is worth asking imo, as I am of the opinion that we have a lot of good individual players but don't quite yet look like a good team. The balance between midfield, forwards, wide players and defenders coming out of defence with the ball during the second half of last season was sublime at times, and we haven't looked anything like as threatening this season.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There's already an 8 pager on MacLaren.

In summary, the discussion has reached a point where we seem to agree he's a great poacher but also he's not very much use outside the box. The debate is now focused on whether this merits a place in the team.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    There's already an 8 pager on MacLaren.

In summary, the discussion has reached a point where we seem to agree he's a great poacher but also he's not very much use outside the box. The debate is now focused on whether this merits a place in the team.
    FFS! No over here as well

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Trolling big time. What part of Gorgie is Detroit in?

@hibs.net private member
    I'm not saying either player are bad players, I just don't think the balance is right to play them in the same team.

Aye right. Read your post below!

"
    Maclaren offers very little apart from his goals and Mallan doesn't seem to offer much apart from his set pieces and shots. Neither work that hard for the team in terms of tracking back and digging in, "

If that is not criticism, what is?

As I posted earlier, don't know why you needed another thread ripping our players.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Can we add a thread slating Boyle too ? Add a bit of Efe bombscare, Daz is finished, Mallan only scores and takes sets pieces and Lennon is tactically inept and we have the perfect Hibs net storm.

Oh aye, forget to have a swipe at the fans for not backing HSL and whilst we’re at it, and some on here truly are, we can chuck in away tickets, seagulls, food, tannoy.

I wish we were Tom Kite and then we wouldn’t have to worry about being Tom Kite.
    Totally agree I have never been impressed by Bogdans hair.

I think we should remember Mallan hasn't had a rest since signing. He's played every minute this season except when he was subbed Vs Motherwell and Livi and is away on all international breaks as well.

This after a year of hardly playing. Remarkable he hasn't been injured yet.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I think we should remember Mallan hasn't had a rest since signing. He's played every minute this season except when he was subbed Vs Motherwell and Livi and is away on all international breaks as well.

This after a year of hardly playing. Remarkable he hasn't been injured yet.
    He went off at Tynie aswell I’m sure. Point still stands though he has played a lot of football.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    He went off at Tynie aswell I’m sure. Point still stands though he has played a lot of football.
    Yeah, he was subbed at 92 minutes at Hearts. That'll recharge the batteries

Please for the love of God can the admins not stop all these replica threads all knocking our players, starting to feel like a Jambo website.

One is a striker and on his playmaking midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    One is a striker and on his playmaking midfielder.
    My thoughts exactly. Mallan and Hyndman fair enough but don’t see why the two mentioned cannot play in the same team

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post

You forgot Petrie😡
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=underscore;5603494]One is a striker and on his playmaking midfielder.
    " The Hibees "Wee" team have just beaten Killie at Rugby park. Obviously a Trojan day off. GG2TH,