hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic fans must have a similar view in section 121 in the home end.
    To the immediate left of where I was sitting it’s doubtful if too many will care about the view unless they have eyes in the backs of their heads.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    To the immediate left of where I was sitting it’s doubtful if too many will care about the view unless they have eyes in the backs of their heads.
    Don't understand your comment? You have section 120 where the away fans are accommodated and to the left you have the South stand (the one supported by two huge pillars) and immediately after the South stand you have section 121.
    Last edited by Kojock; 21-10-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Don't understand your comment? You have section 120 where the away fans are accommodated and to the left you have the South stand (the one supported by two huge pillars) and immediately after the South stand you have section 121.

Think he means the home fans werent facing the pitch, too busy shouting abuse at the away fans

Got to be honest, I was there yesterday and whilst I had to ‘crane’ my neck a few times, it was nothing I didn’t have to to do in the old east stand.

Something should appreciate at EasterRoad

Restricted isnt the word for my view on Saturday....

I was sitting just were you enter the stand from the stairway. if i sat down i had to look throught the different bits of the barriers at the top of the lower stairway, if i stood up i couldnt see for thon pillar and if i sat on top of the seat i still couldnt see for the inconsiderate supporters of ours who stood at the barriers for a better view!

I was continually asking people to move to let me see the game i had paid for a ticket to watch!

The stewards where just as bad as they congregated there for a blether now and again and i had to ask them to move too.

the way Hibs played first half didnt help my mood either!

It was the most uncomfortable away day game ive had in years.

In this day and age stadiums show facilitate for the supporters of both teams to enable them both to get the best matchday experience.

Away supports come to Easter Road and get a great view from all areas of the stand they are allocated in but we get treated to this sort of treatment and higher prices too from the Glasgow teams especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    Restricted isnt the word for my view on Saturday....

I was sitting just were you enter the stand from the stairway. if i sat down i had to look throught the different bits of the barriers at the top of the lower stairway, if i stood up i couldnt see for thon pillar and if i sat on top of the seat i still couldnt see for the inconsiderate supporters of ours who stood at the barriers for a better view!

I was continually asking people to move to let me see the game i had paid for a ticket to watch!

The stewards where just as bad as they congregated there for a blether now and again and i had to ask them to move too.

the way Hibs played first half didnt help my mood either!

It was the most uncomfortable away day game ive had in years.

In this day and age stadiums show facilitate for the supporters of both teams to enable them both to get the best matchday experience.

Away supports come to Easter Road and get a great view from all areas of the stand they are allocated in but we get treated to this sort of treatment and higher prices too from the Glasgow teams especially.
    That's why i didn't go, simply not worth the bother of fighting online to get an expensive ticket knowing that it almost certainly has a crap view.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    Got to be honest, I was there yesterday and whilst I had to ‘crane’ my neck a few times, it was nothing I didn’t have to to do in the old east stand.

Something should appreciate at EasterRoad
    ‘The OLD East’.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think it's bad enough they're actually allowed to have seats with such a crap view, but to then give a discount of only 3 quid is taking the P1ss.
    Do they give a discount? Or do they charge a £3 premium for non restricted view seats?

We do have a few restricted view seats ourselves. Nothing as bad as Parkhead though. Up very back of east stand, either side of tv gantry. A lot worse when doughnuts Stand in the gantry.

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    Couldn't see the centre of the pitch which was about 60% of the game also 2 empty seats next to me in RoW HH

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    So for those of us who are going to try and get tickets for the upcoming game, what rows should you try and avoid if anyway? Seems like the low "double letters" (i.e. AA, BB) are the bad ones and the higher the letters, the better?

Any seat numbers to avoid too? Low ones again, I'm guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    So for those of us who are going to try and get tickets for the upcoming game, what rows should you try and avoid if anyway? Seems like the low "double letters" (i.e. AA, BB) are the bad ones and the higher the letters, the better?

Actually, the front 15 or so rows have no restrictions, as the pillar is farther back

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Actually, the front 15 or so rows have no restrictions, as the pillar is farther back
    The front rows are likely the ones with single letter row designations.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Couldnae get a stream tonight but bearing in mind we got bumped not too bothered

First Team Regular

Hibs should have waited till today to sell tickets for the Celtic game.The website might not have gone into meltdown after last night.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrahib View Post
    Hibs should have waited till today to sell tickets for the Celtic game.The website might not have gone into meltdown after last night.

Theres still tickets on sale, no mad rush this time. Funny that eh.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jingler1954 View Post
    Couldn't see the centre of the pitch which was about 60% of the game also 2 empty seats next to me in RoW HH
    Don't suppose you remember where in row HH you were sitting mate? I ask as this is the row that is being offered on the ticketing website just now so want to try and avoid the bad seats!

I'm row CC in block 120, any good?

Probably not. Block 120 is where the pillar is, and the low double-letter rows are the ones just behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Don't suppose you remember where in row HH you were sitting mate? I ask as this is the row that is being offered on the ticketing website just now so want to try and avoid the bad seats!
    I had HH43 for a prior game - the pillar blocked line of sight of the far corner post and the area just outside the penalty area (I consequently didn't see either of the two fouls awarded to Hibs)

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I think that’s more because the site was was a shambles. I needed 5, only managed to get 2, miles away from each other, after several calls due the site crashing. Two hours of my life gone!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Midweek. Not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    Probably not. Block 120 is where the pillar is, and the low double-letter rows are the ones just behind it.
    Excellent

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    This photo is not zoomed in. This was my view from row BB seat 21.

This row BB of block 120. Where I was last time.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’m row W in 120 but with restricted view from a seat in front of pillar - I wonder what the obstruction can be in this instance? Can’t be too bad.

First Team Breakthrough jingler1954's Avatar
    I was slightly to the right missing from the centre circle to the corner flag. I wont be back untill they spend some of there trillions on upgrading the worst football stadium in the top flight. Or give us unrestricted view seats in another part of the stadium. PS Did I mention how much I hate Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by jingler1954 View Post
    I was slightly to the right missing from the centre circle to the corner flag. I wont be back untill they spend some of there trillions on upgrading the worst football stadium in the top flight. Or give us unrestricted view seats in another part of the stadium. PS Did I mention how much I hate Celtic.
    I suppose it’s the same for their fans in the opposite corner, and the upper tier of the stand opposite the old stand has pillars obstructing the views. It’s a pity there are a few seats with poor views, but there are still plenty fine views in the away section in what is an excellent stadium. Ibrox offers more unrestricted views and I think it’s the better of the two stadiums, but for me the worst away ground is Pittodrie - dreadful sight lines and poor facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I suppose it’s the same for their fans in the opposite corner, and the upper tier of the stand opposite the old stand has pillars obstructing the views. It’s a pity there are a few seats with poor views, but there are still plenty fine views in the away section in what is an excellent stadium. Ibrox offers more unrestricted views and I think it’s the better of the two stadiums, but for me the worst away ground is Pittodrie - dreadful sight lines and poor facilities.
    There's not enough unrestricted view seats to cover the 150 or so AST holders. Your idea of plenty differs from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim Here View Post
    There's not enough unrestricted view seats to cover the 150 or so AST holders. Your idea of plenty differs from mine.
    If you look at the first post on this thread, I put up two pictures of restricted views from the last game there. The first one was hardly restricted at all but the second was a shocker. I’d say the majority of seats are acceptable but it’s understandable that folk are going to get angry when finding themselves in some of the more extreme restricted view seats. There is definitely a case for Celtic to charge a lot less for these seats, but when most clubs don’t sell their allocation it isn’t a problem for their fans as you just move to an empty seat with better view. It’s definitely a complaint that the fans reps should be taking to the board and to forward these complaints on to their counterparts at Celtic.

This row BB of block 120. Where I was last time.
    Mental. I suppose I'd rather not see the centre of the pitch than the final thirds.