hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rejects

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Cummings was a Hearts reject...

It isn't a bad thing - most of our signings were elsewhere before us at a higher level and "failed". That is why they are here. Maybe wasn't a necessary comment but it is true! Could be said for almost every player in world football outside of the top 10 biggest clubs though...

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Somethings are best left unsaid and that was certainly one of them. Personally, I think that Neil should forget about the Press interviews and allow someone else to take them on his behalf.
    What a load of slavering gibberish!

Lennon does a good interview - he is usually quite eloquent and enjoyable to listen to. He is the man who picks the Hibs team and fans want to hear what he has to say.

Tbf, Lennon has done nothing but state the truth there however could’ve maybe used a different choice of words.

We have a Liverpool reject, a Juventus reject, a Manchester City reject, a Feyenoord reject and a Panathinaikos reject - funnily enough, I’m ok with that.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    We have a Liverpool reject, a Juventus reject, a Manchester City reject, a Feyenoord reject and a Panathinaikos reject - funnily enough, I’m ok with that.
    Grasshoppers reject .
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Have any of the players responded to the "rejects" comment? I very much doubt it. People who get offended on others behalf should reel their necks in.

@hibs.net private member
    Just back from holiday and feel really frustrated I missed out on the opportunity to experience some outrage.

Anyone know when the next opportunity is?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Just back from holiday and feel really frustrated I missed out on the opportunity to experience some outrage.

How about Hearts awarded 2 soft penalties?

https://youtu.be/hHU2goJJwLI

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

How about Celtic only gave away two fouls the whole match HIBS 18 ???

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    How about Celtic only gave away two fouls the whole match HIBS 18 ???
    If that stat is right, meant that Celtic didn’t commit a foul in the whole of the 2nd half

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

Just glance at a Daily Record headline if you walk past a newsagent.

Pretty ure you’ll find something you can come on and tell us about and we can all share your outrage!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    This thread is actually a belter. The folk that are complaining didn’t even listen to the interview!!!

Context is everything.

Some of you need to grow up or better still just go do one instead of trying to cause mischief.

Lennon is a Bolton reject.
    He probably should have mentioned that for balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackh View Post
    Absolutely appalling comments yesterday from Lennon. Absolutely no way he should be labelling his team as rejects. Granted he did go to say how well they had done but that doesn’t excuse what he said. Shocking

Grow up FFS

It can't take a lot to shock you

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Have any of the players responded to the "rejects" comment? I very much doubt it. People who get offended on others behalf should reel their necks in.
    This is the sort of moment where you need a Kris Commons type in the squad, being pictured at training sitting in a wheelie bin with reject written on it. I very much doubt any player has taken it personally they'll know the context in which it was meant.

There's still time for you to make a 'Down with this sort of thing' placard and head over to East Mains.

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure we've had such a motivated squad of players as we have now in my 40 years of watching the team so I'll trust Neil to know what he should and shouldn't be saying to and about them over the psychology experts on here who are critical of his methods.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergos View Post
    I'm outraged that there are some that are outraged by this, it's outrageous.

I’m outraged that I missed this interview and therefore missed an opportunity to be outraged.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I’m outraged that I missed this interview and therefore missed an opportunity to be outraged.
    If you want to be outraged you’d be better just reading the comments on here - listening to the interview will just make you nod along and agree with NL.

Time for the “Marlon Brando in The Wild One” approach.

Townsman”What are you rebelling against?”

Marlon “What have you got?”

I heard his interview and have to agree with the OP. It can't have done the players' confidence much good to hear how he decided to describe them.

The feeling I got from the interview was that he was embarassed to be in charge of a team that were outclassed at his former club and would have said anything to minimize any blame that could be put on him.

Not very classy

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I heard his interview and have to agree with the OP. It can't have done the players' confidence much good to hear how he decided to describe them.

The feeling I got from the interview was that he was embarassed to be in charge of a team that were outclassed at his former club and would have said anything to minimize any blame that could be put on him.

Not very classy
    That's the strangest interpretation of the interview I've heard but everyone is entitled to an opinion

I don't think it was harsh at all, every club in Scotland has picked up rejects from other clubs, that's Scottish footballs level.

Folk get their knickers in a twist over anything.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Not very classy
    rubbish

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Not very classy
    I have written some real sheite on these pages over the years, but well done for beating mine hands down.

Left by mutual consent!
    Reject perhaps wasn’t the best choice of wording but it was simply to play down talks of titled challenges coupled with a loss that Neil would be hurting from. It’s not that big a deal at all, most players are rejects from other clubs but the point was they dwarf us in terms finance and the standard of player they can attract. Oh and hello hibs.net :)

Left by mutual consent!

Not very classy
    Sorry but that’s not the context of the reply to the question he was asked.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Reject perhaps wasn’t the best choice of wording but it was simply to play down talks of titled challenges coupled with a loss that Neil would be hurting from. It’s not that big a deal at all, most players are rejects from other clubs but the point was they dwarf us in terms finance and the standard of player they can attract. Oh and hello hibs.net :)
    Welcome

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar

Not very classy
    Trolling or piss ripping, which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    That's the strangest interpretation of the interview I've heard but everyone is entitled to an opinion

Sorry, but that's how it came over. Why else would he describe the players the way he did?

BTW, I'm not a Lennon hater, as I think he's doing a very good job at ER, but I do wonder sometimes if he thinks before opening his mouth.