hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Celtic v Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Montford View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you rather have drawn 3-3 today or lost 4-2
    Yeah, that was all down to Lewis 😂 what absolute nonsense.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Fine margins if you want to stay at the top end of the league.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    The wee fellah will be disappointed with his game today, I’m sure.
    He wasn’t at his best and the poster has a point about his forays forward this afternoon. Took the sting out by regressing out of a couple of promising moves.
    I’m not berating him, I love him to bits. Just wasnae much cop today though.

Quote Originally Posted by Montford View Post
    Fine margins if you want to stay at the top end of the league.
    No, you win as a team, lose as a team at every level.

Apologies, wasn't at the game and not read the thread, but is it true that Celtic only committed two fouls? Hibs committed 18 fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Apologies, wasn't at the game and not read the thread, but is it true that Celtic only committed two fouls? Hibs committed 18 fouls.
    It might be the case that the referee gave only two fouls against them. Not the same thing.

Free kicks to Hibs were extremely rare, even when fouls seemed blatant. Think there were more than two though. Mallan had two directs at goal first half.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    It might be the case that the referee gave only two fouls against them. Not the same thing.

Free kicks to Hibs were extremely rare, even when fouls seemed blatant. Think there were more than two though. Mallan had two directs at goal first half.
    That was the only 2

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    That was the only 2
    Jeez. Not that I was counting but that’s worse than anyone could take.
    There was a foul on Milligan first half, 10 yards off the corner of our box and he played advantage. I tried to understand. I couldn’t.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reading a few Celtic fans on Twitter very complimentary of us and our performance. Best away performance in years according to one.

Make of that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Reading a few Celtic fans on Twitter very complimentary of us and our performance. Best away performance in years according to one.

They couldn’t have been at the 2-2 game last year. We were a lot better than today.

What I will say is that we are the only team who at least try to go toe to toe with them. Bit disappointed today but at least we don’t lie down to them.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I love a match day thread, especially those who pish their breeks whenever we lose a goal.

We went toe to toe against the best team in our league by a mile, and we matched them for long periods.Of course we were going to concede, and we had a weakened side out, but forget all that, we are supposed to win every ****in game,no mattter who we play against.

We are a good side, not the best side, but we have a team and management who will take us forward.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    The wee fellah will be disappointed with his game today, I’m sure.
    He wasn’t at his best and the poster has a point about his forays forward this afternoon. Took the sting out by regressing out of a couple of promising moves.
    I’m not berating him, I love him to bits. Just wasnae much cop today though.
    You probably put it more succinctly than I did...
    Post match frustration as I could see us grabbing the point and ended up trudging out with the old ‘what ifs’ mantra

I was proud of us trying to take the game to them. We could have scored a few goals. Not despondent at all, we are a quality side

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hibs have them a 2 nil lead due to a very poor set up. Lennon must take that on board. 2nd have we were decent.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Hibs have them a 2 nil lead due to a very poor set up. Lennon must take that on board. 2nd have we were decent.
    Think NL saw this criticism coming in his interview with Cliff - pointed out we let 2 in when we went to 4 at the back as well.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The real thing to take away from today is Boyle scored 1 v 1 with the goalie. That's ****ing unbelievable.
    Youngish player improving his game all the time. Confidence building in him all the time as well. He’s a great player.

Left by mutual consent!
    Youngish player improving his game all the time. Confidence building in him all the time as well. He’s a great player.

We're still to see the best of this unbelievably talented player.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I agree. He's generally dreadful 1v1 though

Should have got a hiding today luck / good saves we didn’t. Nothing unlucky about this performance.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I love a match day thread, especially those who pish their breeks whenever we lose a goal.

We went toe to toe against the best team in our league by a mile, and we matched them for long periods.Of course we were going to concede, and we had a weakened side out, but forget all that, we are supposed to win every ****in game,no mattter who we play against.

We are a good side, not the best side, but we have a team and management who will take us forward.
    Well said G, Lennon got it wrong with his set up and even said so after the game but after saying that still silly errors cost us. Take away that first 20 odd minutes and there's not a lot between the teams, disappointed in a loss but not disheartened.

Left by mutual consent!

The typical pat on the back patronising ***** you get from that half of Glasgow who mimic their red white and blue cousins when the scoreline is reversed.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Well said G, Lennon got it wrong with his set up and even said so after the game but after saying that still silly errors cost us. Take away that first 20 odd minutes and there's not a lot between the teams, disappointed in a loss but not disheartened.
    Even if he'd set us up differently JC, i'm still convinced we'd have lost that game. They were superb on the break, and we were tremendous at times pushing them back.

Make no mistake, we gave them a very good game yesterday, we went toe to toe with them, when we have no real right to.

We have as squad that can play different systems, and has to at certain times because of injuries and suspensions.

We did ride our luck on occasions, but when you do that, you then have to have a go and take the game to the opposition and try and create chances.

We did that, we looked good and anyone with a hole in their arse can see we are building a side that is so much better than we've had in years, and a side that entertains us.

Apart from us winning every game, i dont think we can ask for much more.

Even if he'd set us up differently JC, i'm still convinced we'd have lost that game. They were superb on the break, and we were tremendous at times pushing them back.

Make no mistake, we gave them a very good game yesterday, we went toe to toe with them, when we have no real right to.

We have as squad that can play different systems, and has to at certain times because of injuries and suspensions.

We did ride our luck on occasions, but when you do that, you then have to have a go and take the game to the opposition and try and create chances.

We did that, we looked good and anyone with a hole in their arse can see we are building a side that is so much better than we've had in years, and a side that entertains us.

Apart from us winning every game, i dont think we can ask for much more.
    Not many teams will go to Parkhead and score twice . Celtic are hitting form so I wasn't expecting to take anything from yesterday's match given we had a couple of players missing
    Yep Lennon has always insisted we are a work in Progress and we had.been beating teams at the bottom and keeping clean sheets which in the past we have struggled to do
    What is worth noting though is Kilmarnock have kept their form going from last year and Hearts have clearly done something right with their recruitment and along with Livingstone, have surprised everyone
    Whether they can both keep this up remains to be seen

With Aberdeen failing to get proven Strikers in we were always going to Finish above them imo So Third was and still is a Realistic Expectation
    But if Hearts were Togo on and Finish second and do well in the Cups, it will add to their Financial power over us
    Think part of the initial frustration is some people just assumed we would somehow improve on last Season despite the loss of key players
    The Hamilton game was a joy to Watch and showed what we are cababke of
    It's just a Pity we had the Break Players injured and Celtic and then Hearts away back to back
    The Team Selection at Tynecastle will be pivitol if we are to take anything
    But we have scored more than Hearts and conceded less than them but we are a work in progress
    If we do have Boyle Mclaren and Milligan away on International Duty for several games though that won't help us. Build momentum going forward Bad timing But will see whete we are at end of January and who we bring in

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Hibs level is winning the odd cup and finishing top 4. Lewis has achieved all that here, he is good enough because he has proved it. Did left back need sorted when we beat Celtic last season, Lewis playing brilliantly and getting an assist?

I ****ing despise when we play well for weeks and one loss means players aren't good enough. Absolute ****. Lennon has had 5 windows to replace him and hasn't. So do you not trust Lennon?
    This is completely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Should have got a hiding today luck / good saves we didn’t. Nothing unlucky about this performance.

Good saves lead to good luck.Forwards try to be more deliberate and keep the ball well away from a goalie in form and hit the post.Don't agree that we should have got a hiding but our goalie played well-that's what good ones do.

This might sound like a daft thing to say when other teams have got results from them. But, IMO, we are the only team in the league capable of at least giving them a game when they’re in the mood they were yesterday. I think anybody else would have got battered yesterday.

They treated that game differently yesterday, like a big game.