hibs.net Messageboard

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Celtic v Hibs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were far better after Lennon tinkered with the shape after half an hour. Lennon himself saw he had made a mistake and did pretty well getting us into a position where we had a chance of getting something from the game, albeit it was never deserved. That has happened a number of times in big games, as has been said, and Lennon has been forced to swap shapes very early.

So Neil could tell you, as he made changes to sort out his starting line up which was being completely overrun.

Can't blame him too much today as we were up against the best team on their home turf and we had a bunch of injuries to key players. There were quite a few positives today with Daz coming back and McLaren. Yes Daz was very poor but you would expect him to be rusty and the shape made things worse with Efe playing poorly not helping.

Why was Efe captain, Surely Lewis or Daz
    Is the captain’s armband really that important?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Why was porteous on bench if he was injured?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Is the captain’s armband really that important?
    It’s not. Which makes bypassing the regular two stand ins a strange decision.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Scored 2 goals at Parkhead whilst losing to the team that has won the league for the last 7 years.

A few vital injuries in squad and McGregor obviously a bit rusty after a lengthy lay off plus International layoff giving Lenny little time to work with most of the squad.

A bit of perspective please, we tried, entertained, we lost but it’s not the end of the world.

Loads of time to prepare for Tynie, looking forward to it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Scored 2 goals at Parkhead whilst losing to the team that has won the league for the last 7 years.

A few vital injuries in squad and McGregor obviously a bit rusty after a lengthy lay off plus International layoff giving Lenny little time to work with most of the squad.

A bit of perspective please, we tried, entertained, we lost but it’s not the end of the world.

Fair play Hearts are top of league but indeed perspective and there is no way I fear playing Hearts at all compared to playing Celtic. Bring on the Jambos.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Of who? Whittaker, everyone slating him. The new guys? Not match fit? Milligan, midfield was overrun without him. Slivka getting it tight. Leaves us very short of bodies to play anywhere. Some of the criticism without actually thinking about what to do differently is unbelievable
    ambrose, milligan, mcgregor and stevenson. bartley could easily have sat in front, very rarely has he let us down, lennon had option available but thought that was the best starting formation for some reason

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    We were far better after Lennon tinkered with the shape after half an hour. Lennon himself saw he had made a mistake and did pretty well getting us into a position where we had a chance of getting something from the game, albeit it was never deserved. That has happened a number of times in big games, as has been said, and Lennon has been forced to swap shapes very early.

So Neil could tell you, as he made changes to sort out his starting line up which was being completely overrun.

Can't blame him too much today as we were up against the best team on their home turf and we had a bunch of injuries to key players. There were quite a few positives today with Daz coming back and McLaren. Yes Daz was very poor but you would expect him to be rusty and the shape made things worse with Efe playing poorly not helping.

Why was Efe captain, Surely Lewis or Daz
    And that was what I was getting at. Yes he changed things during the game and Im sure if he thought that they were the best course of action originally he would have started that way. My point was more about the criticism without really acknowledging, as you have done, the issues we had with personnel today. Parhead is the hardest place for any team to go to just now and we have once again shown that we can play there and score goals. On our day we are still the best of the rest with celtic miles in front

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

Wow, the voice of reason from you!! But you're right and it's not often that I say that about you!!

Really poor defensively. Midfield were non existent when we didn’t have the ball.

Two good goals we scored. When we got the second we never got the ball back to launch an attack of any sort. Disappointing.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Spot on. I thought it was a cracking game. Michael Stewart said it's the best he's seen this season and was full of praise for Hibs:

'Game of the season' at Celtic Park

FT: Celtic 4-2 Hibernian

Michael Stewart
    Former Scotland midfielder at Celtic Park

What a game of football. It's the game of the season so far, for me. Two sides that really just threw everything at it. Hibs never looked like a defeated team and I've got to give them a lot of credit because Celtic, on that form, would've blown away most teams.
    Other teams wouldn't have been able to live with Celtic on that form.

Stewart a neutral observer provides a more objective & positive take on Hibs performance.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Really poor defensively. Midfield were non existent when we didn’t have the ball.

Two good goals we scored. When we got the second we never got the ball back to launch an attack of any sort. Disappointing.
    Fair assessment. IMHO Lenny picked wrong formation. First big test for Milligan, he looked like a 33 year old that couldn’t find a club. Expecting big improvement at PBS. Rest of midfield didn’t perform

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Fair assessment. IMHO Lenny picked wrong formation. First big test for Milligan, he looked like a 33 year old that couldn’t find a club. Expecting big improvement at PBS. Rest of midfield didn’t perform
    there was at least 4 players who were worse than milligan

I think that is a wee bit harsh on Milligan. We got pulled about all over the place in there and it wasn’t entirely down to him. We were far too lightweight and had too many players out of position IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Don't get that post

@hibs.net private member
    The positives were very positive today, eridicate some of the negatives and we will be ready for Tynecastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Stewart a neutral observer provides a more objective & positive take on Hibs performance.
    Was a very decent game, Hibs poor first half, but never thought we were out of it. Great save by Gordon just before HT was crucial. Having said that Celtic played well and might have scored a lot more, I really thought they stepped it up today and would have swept most teams away.

@hibs.net private member
    ***** assessment of Milligan

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Celtic played at their best today. They're a better team then we are player for player so they won.

We're not going to win every game, especially not away from home to a team that has won back to back trebles.

Folk could really do with cutting the team a bit of slack here, imho. Especially when you consider the injuries we're contending with.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    I think that is a wee bit harsh on Milligan. We got pulled about all over the place in there and it wasn’t entirely down to him. We were far too lightweight and had too many players out of position IMO.
    He’s ment to be expirenced head protecting defence. The cut through him and he could cope with runners. Collectively the midfield was very poor

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    ***** assessment of Milligan
    In your opinion

He’s ment to be expirenced head protecting defence. The cut through him and he could cope with runners. Collectively the midfield was very poor
    They were poor collectively, that’s why I wouldn’t single Milligan out.

The shape of the team was just all wrong. Glad to see Lennon take responsibility for that.

collectively, yet you single out milligan? more rubbish from you

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    collectively, yet you single out milligan? more rubbish from you
    Thanks for your feedback. I’m assuming you were at the game

@hibs.net private member
    In your opinion
    Of course it’s my opinion from being at the game

Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    So the defensive display today didn't worry you? i hope it was just a blip.
    It was a makeshift lineup today. We didn’t really recover from the poor formation until we were 2 down.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Spot on. I thought it was a cracking game. Michael Stewart said it's the best he's seen this season and was full of praise for Hibs:

'Game of the season' at Celtic Park

FT: Celtic 4-2 Hibernian

Michael Stewart
    Former Scotland midfielder at Celtic Park

What a game of football. It's the game of the season so far, for me. Two sides that really just threw everything at it. Hibs never looked like a defeated team and I've got to give them a lot of credit because Celtic, on that form, would've blown away most teams.
    Other teams wouldn't have been able to live with Celtic on that form.

Spot on from probably my favourite pundit. We gave Celtic a good game today but they unfortunately turned on their style today. Celtic would have humped Hearts and The Rangers playing the way they did today. Still confident we are a better side than Hearts and will finish ahead of them.

Thanks for your feedback. I’m assuming you were at the game
    you would be assuming wrong, what has that got to do with anything? i seen the game

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Celtic played at their best today. They're a better team then we are player for player so they won.

We're not going to win every game, especially not away from home to a team that has won back to back trebles.

Folk could really do with cutting the team a bit of slack here, imho. Especially when you consider the injuries we're contending with.
    This.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I expect I can save myself a lot of time by not reading the thread and assuming that most people are being level headed and balanced about today but a range of the usual roasters are victimising one player or another and/or casting gloom in the usual ill informed way?

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I expect I can save myself a lo of time by not reading the thread and assuming that most people are being level headed and balanced about today but a range of the usual roasters are victimising one player or another and/or casting gloom in the usual ill informed way?
    Absolutely spot on 😂