hibs.net Messageboard

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Celtic v Hibs

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I expect I can save myself a lo of time by not reading the thread and assuming that most people are being level headed and balanced about today but a range of the usual roasters are victimising one player or another and/or casting gloom in the usual ill informed way?
    👌

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Is the captain’s armband really that important?
    I think it can be. It can also be too much to bear for some players and Efe was poor by his usual standards today. It could also make Daz and Lewis think why they didn't get it when they were more obvious choices. Just seemed an odd one and thought there may have been a reason.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Absolutely spot on 😂
    Imagine my surprise...

When we had the ball the midfield knocked it about really well but when not in possession we seemed to be letting runners in all over the place.

Plenty of positives for a makeshift team.... lets just suck it up. Would rather watch us play like that then fecklessly give up and concentrate on damage limitation.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Spot on. I thought it was a cracking game. Michael Stewart said it's the best he's seen this season and was full of praise for Hibs:

'Game of the season' at Celtic Park

FT: Celtic 4-2 Hibernian

Michael Stewart
    Former Scotland midfielder at Celtic Park

What a game of football. It's the game of the season so far, for me. Two sides that really just threw everything at it. Hibs never looked like a defeated team and I've got to give them a lot of credit because Celtic, on that form, would've blown away most teams.
    Other teams wouldn't have been able to live with Celtic on that form.

Having not seen the game I'd be inclined to listen to this take on the game ahead of the habitual hysterical pant-pishers on this forum who seem to only surface when things aren't going well.

Sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Spot on. I thought it was a cracking game. Michael Stewart said it's the best he's seen this season and was full of praise for Hibs:

'Game of the season' at Celtic Park

FT: Celtic 4-2 Hibernian

Michael Stewart
    Former Scotland midfielder at Celtic Park

What a game of football. It's the game of the season so far, for me. Two sides that really just threw everything at it. Hibs never looked like a defeated team and I've got to give them a lot of credit because Celtic, on that form, would've blown away most teams.
    Other teams wouldn't have been able to live with Celtic on that form.

Thanks for posting this - been out all day and couldn’t get a handle on what was going on. Seems to have been summed up accurately by someone who would have gladly reported if we were garbage or the game was awful. Not anything as disastrous as some would have us believe.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    Thanks for posting this - been out all day and couldn’t get a handle on what was going on. Seems to have been summed up accurately by someone who would have gladly reported if we were garbage or the game was awful. Not anything as disastrous as some would have us believe.
    wasnt disastrous but some of the defending wasnt great, yes it was a make shift defence but all are experienced players and the celtic players went passed as though they werent there, that being said we played well in parts and gordon had a couple of decent saves to make, especially one from boyle, celtic hit the post about 4 times though and bogdan had a really good game. it was probably the correct result bit not one we obviously wanted

Was at the game today....we showed great resolve getting back into it, but really Celtic should have blown us away. They missed a couple of one on ones (great saves by Bogdan) and hit the woodwork at least twice. The finishes for our goals were sublime...

Big shout out to our support today, they were phenomenal. I had to sit in section 118 and was desperate to join in with the singing.

Disappointing result but enjoyed the second half performance. No need to the smokers in the toilets at half time, rank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Any links for the goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyhibee View Post
    Interesting quote from MS. I watched the game on TV but even while watching the 2nd half in particular it was hard to know what the hell was going to happen next. I thought it was a very poor start by us but even then we created a couple of decent chances. The first half dominated by Celtic and our defence looked poor. Second half was better and we looked dangerous at times, scoring when we did each time we looked capable of scoring again but just when I thought we were looking at our best we were hit by another sucker punch. On each occassion the defending was poor. Defending was our downfall today. In hind sight it wasn’t the day to bring Daz back in, as much as I rate him, it wasn’t his day and likely Porteous should have started. Would it have made a difference? Who knows. It’s all if’s and buts. Overall, we lost at Parkhead with a few forced changes. There isn’t anything to be too depressed about, we move on and another big game awaits. The extra days may help players get fit again.

Totally irrelevant what players or formation we used today. Celtic on that form weren't going to drop points to us. Felt we played well in the second half and looked good in spells.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    Totally irrelevant what players or formation we used today. Celtic on that form weren't going to drop points to us. Felt we played well in the second half and looked good in spells.
    To an extent, gotta give yourself a chance. If you can score twice you can win or draw.

I think we'll learn alot from today though, important to move forward and get at least a draw next time before beating st Johnstone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    In your opinion
    And mine. Not a game to judge him when his partner at the back was clearly having a shocker. And BTW, I have as much bro love for big Daz as anyone but today he had a shocker on his return from injury. I’ll not be making him a 3rd rate defender anytime soon so why would I do that for Milligan.

I don’t think there’s been many others (if any) who’ve faced Celtic at Parkhead this season when they hadn’t come off the back of a midweek European game. Maybe the fixtures have been a bit unkind to us. However, the team selection was a bit baffling especially with McGregor playing from the start for his first match in a long while after injury. We move on, GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Any links for the goals?
    kamberi goal https://streamable.com/j86d0

Boyle goal https//streamable.com/wwboa

Edit: I'm on my phone and can't link properly

Quote Originally Posted by Aritch View Post
    kamberi goal https://streamable.com/j86d0

Boyle goal https//streamable.com/wwboa

Edit: I'm on my phone and can't link properly
    Cracking goals.

The real thing to take away from today is Boyle scored 1 v 1 with the goalie. That's ****ing unbelievable.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 20-10-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer1875 View Post
    Disappointing result but enjoyed the second half performance. No need to the smokers in the toilets at half time, rank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is getting really annoying at all away games now tbh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I think it can be. It can also be too much to bear for some players and Efe was poor by his usual standards today. It could also make Daz and Lewis think why they didn't get it when they were more obvious choices. Just seemed an odd one and thought there may have been a reason.

I imagine Lennon wanted to let Celtic fans know they’ve lost a good player and that he trusts him Backfired a wee bit.

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    wasnt disastrous but some of the defending wasnt great, yes it was a make shift defence but all are experienced players and the celtic players went passed as though they werent there, that being said we played well in parts and gordon had a couple of decent saves to make, especially one from boyle, celtic hit the post about 4 times though and bogdan had a really good game. it was probably the correct result bit not one we obviously wanted
    Fair enough 👍

I enjoyed the game. I don’t think we deserved anything from it but we created some good chances, even in the first half when we didn’t start well, and we scored two fine goals. We’ve played better this season but Celtic had a good day and made it tough for us. They’re good at getting in behind you. It’s tough to take anything at Celtic so I’m fairly happy to come away having seen a good game (and free hospitality tickets helped). At 3-2 we looked like we might get a point.

Could Brown have been sent off for the foul right at the start of the game?

I’ve not seen it mentioned anywhere, and not seen it back, but I thought Hyndman was clean through.

According to the radio there were other defenders about but Hyndman was taken down in the act of shooting so a red could well have been awarded.

Further mention of it seemed to get lost in the welter of goalmouth incidents in the first twenty minutes or so.

Hopefully either highlights or opinion of some of those who were at the game might help. Could have altered the whole outcome of the game, in my opinion.

First Team Breakthrough
    Was stuck up the back of 119 today so, although a good view, a bit away from the action
    Thought it looked like Brown should’ve been red (was it Kamberi, about to take a pop at goal - clear opportunity- ref bottled it)
    About 5 mins later, and I think it was Boyle, got completely sythed from behind about 25 yards out as he was bombing into the box. Ref bottled a card in Benkovic I think. A blatant a booking as you’ll see. Every 50/50 went to the home side. Until we were 2 goals down then on occasion the ref would let us play on.
    Stevenson a weak link. At fault for second goal. Gave ball away when an easy pass was on. It’s like he doesn’t know what to do with the hall until he gets it. Most semi decent players are already anticipating their next move..
    Really really frustrated when 3-2 down, he was breaking down the left... loads of options, Kamberi cleverly ran the channel and opened up an acre of space for a simple pass to be rolled on to him just outside the box.. would’ve been one on one with the keeper. Stevenson just slows down, stops the ball.. turns and misplaced a pass backwards into the midfield
    Not good enough at this level, and we’ll never step up to the next level with these characteristics
    Left back needs sorted
    On another note, thought Horgan was magnificent.. really grew into the game and got more and more confident. So much that all the home fans were gettin very tetchy every time he got the ball in the second half.
    Last edited by Montford; 20-10-2018 at 08:00 PM.

I thought a booking was about right for the Brown foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Montford View Post
    Was stuck up the back of 119 today so, although a good view, a bit away from the action
    Thought it looked like Brown should’ve been red (was it Kamberi, about to take a pop at goal - clear opportunity- ref bottled it)
    About 5 mins later, and I think it was Boyle, got completely sythed from behind about 25 yards out as he was bombing into the box. Ref bottled a card in Benkovic I think. A blatant a booking as you’ll see. Every 50/50 went to the home side. Until we were 2 goals down then on occasion the ref would let us play on.
    Stevenson a weak link. At fault for second goal. Gave ball away when an easy pass was on. It’s like he doesn’t know what to do with the hall until he gets it. Most semi decent players are already anticipating their next move..
    Really really frustrated when 3-2 down, he was breaking down the left... loads of options, Kamberi cleverly ran the channel and opened up an acre of space for a simple pass to be rolled on to him just outside the box.. would’ve been one on one with the keeper. Stevenson just slows down, stops the ball.. turns and misplaced a pass backwards into the midfield
    Not good enough at this level, and we’ll never step up to the next level with these characteristics
    Left back needs sorted
    On another note, thought Horgan was magnificent.. really grew into the game and got more and more confident. So much that all the home fans were gettin very tetchy every time he got the ball in the second half.
    Hibs level is winning the odd cup and finishing top 4. Lewis has achieved all that here, he is good enough because he has proved it. Did left back need sorted when we beat Celtic last season, Lewis playing brilliantly and getting an assist?

I ****ing despise when we play well for weeks and one loss means players aren't good enough. Absolute ****. Lennon has had 5 windows to replace him and hasn't. So do you not trust Lennon?

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Tommy Boyd wanted Hyndman booked for diving,clown.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Hibs level is winning the odd cup and finishing top 4. Lewis has achieved all that here, he is good enough because he has proved it. Did left back need sorted when we beat Celtic last season, Lewis playing brilliantly and getting an assist?

I ****ing despise when we play well for weeks and one loss means players aren't good enough. Absolute ****. Lennon has had 5 windows to replace him and hasn't. So do you not trust Lennon?
    Would you rather have drawn 3-3 today or lost 4-2
    For me Hibs level isn’t winning the odd cup every 100 years
    It’s about growing and developing into a championship challenging side
    I’m sure Lennon wants the same. I saw his reaction and frustration to the simple missed passes today. He feels it too
    Last edited by Montford; 20-10-2018 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Montford View Post
    Would you rather have drawn 3-3 today or lost 4-2
    I'd rather have won the game myself but that wasn't one of the options given