hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DstN75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Were the Skacel comments maybe a bit of a bid to generate some headlines and get a sly plug for his new venture?
    He’s not that bright lol. To be fair, he does say it was basically because Skacel was a good player against us, and a major reason why we hate him so much and they hate Riordan so much. Both scored plenty against the other and loved letting the other side know about it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

'S' Form
    Watched this today and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Despite my forum name, Riordan was my favourite player growing up, as I expect he will be for many a fan of my generation.

Always felt sorry for him that his career fizzled out but glad to see that he has no regrets and seems to be content with his lot.

One of few Hibs legends from that era.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Its a belter alright

I would also recommend Chic Charnley a lot of nice things to say about HIBS and Ally McCoist good laugh!
    Watched the GOC one last night. Personally think its better than this one despite Deeks being one of my favourite players. Garry is some boy lol, although with the amount of times he's touching his nose it did make wonder if he really is off the marching powder.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Watched the GOC one last night. Personally think its better than this one despite Deeks being one of my favourite players. Garry is some boy lol, although with the amount of times he's touching his nose it did make wonder if he really is off the marching powder.
    Aye it’s a belter !
    You don’t forget that one in a hurry 😂

To be fair as another poster said all the interviews are good regardless of if you liked the interviewee or not they are all entertaining

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Found GOC difficult to watch to be honest. Do like the Open Goal interviews though, they're generally pretty funny. Quite liked the Jim White one the other week!

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    The GOC episode was an absolute car crash.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I don’t really mind what he said about Skacel to be honest. I object to him getting sent off because of it though.

Thought he came across quite well other than the unnecessary use of see you next Tuesday.

I like Simon Ferry as an interviewer.

Reckon he could still do a job for us

Simon Ferry is chronic IMO.

41:30 - when they're talking about the 01 strip number "Obviously with the name Riordan and 01 being 10 back to front" Ferry then says "So it's is, I just realised that", Jesus Christ, he should be castrated to try and save the human race.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Stone View Post
    Simon Ferry is chronic IMO.

41:30 - when they're talking about the 01 strip number "Obviously with the name Riordan and 01 being 10 back to front" Ferry then says "So it's is, I just realised that", Jesus Christ, he should be castrated to try and save the human race.
    Really? I quite like his natural informal style ..

I like Si Ferry’s style and interview technique but he does tend to interrupt the interviewee unintentionally as he refers to his list of written down questions.

I also feel he does not give HIBS enough credit in his interviews and does not appreciate how big a club we are e.g. he was surprised when Chic Charnley informed him HIBS are massive and even he (Chic) did not realise how big until he came here and he seemed to assume that Celtics training would be better than harder than at HIBS to which Riordan replied “No really.”

I like Si Ferry’s style and interview technique but he does tend to interrupt the interviewee unintentionally as he refers to his list of written down questions.

I also feel he does not give HIBS enough credit in his interviews and does not appreciate how big a club we are e.g. he was surprised when Chic Charnley informed him HIBS are massive and even he (Chic) did not realise how big until he came here and he seemed to assume that Celtics training would be better than harder than at HIBS to which Riordan replied “No really.”
    Its actually amazing how many of these interviews have Hibs content. I actually think Ferry tends to show Hibs lots of respect in his interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    Its actually amazing how many of these interviews have Hibs content. I actually think Ferry tends to show Hibs lots of respect in his interviews.
    Hhhmmmm! Will look out for that. So far have only watched GOC, Chic Charnley, Deek and Super Ally.
    Will take off my green tinted glasses and venture into his world of ex Ugly Sisters players and see if my opinion changes.

Hhhmmmm! Will look out for that. So far have only watched GOC, Chic Charnley, Deek and Super Ally.
    Will take off my green tinted glasses and venture into his world of ex Ugly Sisters players and see if my opinion changes.
    I listened to the Michael O'Neil one on podcast this morning. Its nice that his favorite times as a player was at Hibs. That tends to be the case with quite a lot of players.

I think my favorite ep is actually the Jim White one. He has some amazing stories and comes across as a right good guy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer1875 View Post
    Starvin! 🤣

What current player is Deeks an agent to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    I think it might be the young lad Ryan Shanley.
    Young boy Joseph Moore

I listened to the Michael O'Neil one on podcast this morning. Its nice that his favorite times as a player was at Hibs. That tends to be the case with quite a lot of players.

I think my favorite ep is actually the Jim White one. He has some amazing stories and comes across as a right good guy.
    I was thinking about coming back to you for a recommendation to save me wading through hours of YouTube. I did watch the Michael ONeill interview and you are correct he ( ONeill) had a lot of nice things to say and rightly so. I remember him as being an extremely talented footballer.
    I look forward to watching Jim White but will be surprised if Jim White has anything good to say about HIBS HaHa!

I thought it was more he was trying to get a bit more information out of Deek than interrupting him.

Deek seems a bit shy and like he wasn’t giving away too much detail on the story’s, all a bit vague.

Should have started the interview 3 pints in to settle the nerves and let the full stories out.

Absolutely love Deek as a player, he’s hibs daft and it shows in the interviews.

Got to love how he refers to folk aswell “ some ****** told me to go see Bobby” hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I thought it was more he was trying to get a bit more information out of Deek than interrupting him.

Deek seems a bit shy and like he wasn’t giving away too much detail on the story’s, all a bit vague.

Should have started the interview 3 pints in to settle the nerves and let the full stories out.

Absolutely love Deek as a player, he’s hibs daft and it shows in the interviews.

Got to love how he refers to folk aswell “ some ****** told me to go see Bobby” hahaha.
    Yeah Deek was not as forthcoming as GOC that is for sure.
    Deek seemed to fidget a lot not sure if he was nervous or itchy?
    Not just in this interview I feel that Si is thinking about his next question rather than listening to what the interviewee is actually saying which is what we all want to hear.
    Please do not get me wrong I really enjoy the interviews but I can’t help but feel he sees us as a small club. I might be wrong only my opinion.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

The Jim White one was one of my favourites. Aiden McGeady is pretty good aswell.

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Don’t forget, Ferry is not a pro. He’s a (relatively speaking) failed footballer who is making a new career for himself, using his contacts very well. He’s seems a really genuine guy with more than a little ‘cheeky chappy’ about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Don’t forget, Ferry is not a pro. He’s a (relatively speaking) failed footballer who is making a new career for himself, using his contacts very well. He’s seems a really genuine guy with more than a little ‘cheeky chappy’ about him.
    This.

He lights up with it's dressing room or night out banter stuff and he does seem to know just about everyone that's been involved in Scottish Football.

Ally McCoist's 2, Gordon Strachan, Kevin Thomson, James McFadden and Kris Boyd have been some of my favourites.

Would love to see Latapy, Tam McManus, Dirk Lehmann, Mixu, Kevin Harper, Darren Jackson, Ian Murray, Dean Shiels and a fair few others. Latapy & McManus would be realistic - Franck Sauzee maybe naw!

Left by mutual consent!
    Hasn’t Ian Murray been on it or was that the Monday night fitba podcast? Jackson would be good as would Kenny Miller. Tam Mcmanus I’m sure was on it too.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    This.

He lights up with it's dressing room or night out banter stuff and he does seem to know just about everyone that's been involved in Scottish Football.

Ally McCoist's 2, Gordon Strachan, Kevin Thomson, James McFadden and Kris Boyd have been some of my favourites.

Would love to see Latapy, Tam McManus, Dirk Lehmann, Mixu, Kevin Harper, Darren Jackson, Ian Murray, Dean Shiels and a fair few others. Latapy & McManus would be realistic - Franck Sauzee maybe naw!

I'm hoping to see an Anthony Stokes interview and I think Duncan Ferguson might be a good watch.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    I was thinking about coming back to you for a recommendation to save me wading through hours of YouTube. I did watch the Michael ONeill interview and you are correct he ( ONeill) had a lot of nice things to say and rightly so. I remember him as being an extremely talented footballer.
    I look forward to watching Jim White but will be surprised if Jim White has anything good to say about HIBS HaHa!
    I remember a European game at ER , might have been Vidiotone . Jim Whyte standing in front of the East , with a massive card “saying applause “ wanting everyone to cheer.
    The whole East gave him a “ Jim Whyte ,Jim Whyte, gtf 😂😂
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Open Goal is brilliant. Hope it really takes off as Ferry seems like a good lad.

WOW WOW WOW! Watched the GOC interview last night, I really enjoyed it :)

He's class!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    failed is a bit harsh, he was just unlucky with injuries if i remember correctly after he played for swindon

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    failed is a bit harsh, he was just unlucky with injuries if i remember correctly after he played for swindon
    He captained Swindon when they almost reached the championship and then injuries hit home.