hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ian Murray

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't hear him very much on the radio these days and to be fair he very rarely spoke a bad word about us when he was on. Took some stick back in the day though after he moved to castle grayskull.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Not sure, but I don’t think he kept well for a spell. As far as pundits go, such a better listening experience than most that the BBC spew forth.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Not sure, but I don’t think he kept well for a spell. As far as pundits go, such a better listening experience than most that the BBC spew forth.
    It would make sense that he took ill or something similar as he was a constant voice on the tranny for some time and then just seemed to disappear. Hope he's on the mend as I agree with you that he was a reasoned voice and rarely spoke ill of us. Genuinely hope he's okay.

Easter Road sang in unison regarding craigie boy back in the day and of some volume. The good old days.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    It would make sense that he took ill or something similar as he was a constant voice on the tranny for some time and then just seemed to disappear. Hope he's on the mend as I agree with you that he was a reasoned voice and rarely spoke ill of us. Genuinely hope he's okay.

Easter Road sang in unison regarding craigie boy back in the day and of some volume. The good old days.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I remember his return to ER well. Think he had spells afterwards at Motherwell and maybe Killie?
    If you look at the superb Auld Hibs page on Facebook there is a recent post (from a quite excellent source, unequalled in my experience) with a battered old vintage Gilzean caricature of Craig Paterson, Hibs POTY 80/81.

Murdo also appears to have been shunted from the BBC......

Left by mutual consent!
    I remember his return to ER well. Think he had spells afterwards at Motherwell and maybe Killie?
    If you look at the superb Auld Hibs page on Facebook there is a recent post (from a quite excellent source, unequalled in my experience) with a battered old vintage Gilzean caricature of Craig Paterson, Hibs POTY 80/81.

Motherwell rings a bell not so sure of Killie though but very possibly. Away to source the fantastic Gilzean.

The BBC has a habit of shunting reasoned voices in place of squeaky yammish tendencies. Has Biscuits become the fat controller? The mind boggles.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Left by mutual consent!

Genuinely couldn't find the Gilzean caricature but did after typing in the relevant names come across this Scotsman article. Greatly interesting regarding Mr Paterson's Hibernian connections and why he was jettisoned from the BBC as to his reluctance to join in the drama that is 'open all mics'.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...best-1-4592657

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Genuinely couldn't find the Gilzean caricature but did after typing in the relevant names come across this Scotsman article. Greatly interesting regarding Mr Paterson's Hibernian connections and why he was jettisoned from the BBC as to his reluctance to join in the drama that is 'open all mics'.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...best-1-4592657

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Very good read

@hibs.net private member

Didn't he win the Scottish Cup with Motherwell?