hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That can’t be true surely?
    That’s their stats ....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well they made much of signing a lot of players to cope with this sort of situation so we'll see if it works.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    If Hearts have 57 full time pros on their books it just goes to show that they are taking the pish out of their loyal fans who fair play to them have pumped their hard earned into their club.

A recurring theme in our house every Derby I have to ask my laddie who such and such a jambo is and where he came from as I have never heard of them by and large over the last two years HIBS have kept the same small close knit squad

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    That’s their stats ....
    That is utterly ridiculous. Anyone know what ours is by comparison? I would be surprised if it was over 40?

@hibs.net private member
    That is utterly ridiculous. Anyone know what ours is by comparison? I would be surprised if it was over 40?
    That would be about right I imagine. Low 40s at most I’d guess

@hibs.net private member TrinityHibs's Avatar
    That’s their stats ....
    their stats also say they have a 20K+ capacity stadium

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    their stats also say they have a 20K+ capacity stadium
    . They need it to fit all their players in

Testimonial Due
    These are two big players and will impact them - that said they have 57 full time pros on their books - more than everyone other than Celtic...they will have a number of replacements..
    57? Ever wonder why they've never finished their stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Why do people keep saying expect them to make a miraculous recovery?

They have 2 important games before us, Aberdeen and the Semi v Celtic its not as though were the next game. And if they were injured for a few weeks, he would say just a few weeks and looking likely to miss derby/be back by mid November (some sorta timescale like that so as not to panic their own fans)

To say they are out for 5 month 2 weeks before a Derby, on the knowledge they will be available is ridiculous, especially as their own fans and own twitter etc are saying it.....its not like a little leak in the paper.

We all know they do these tactics on the lead up to a derby, but this im 100% confident is accurate.
    Semi finals and games against the sheep are meaningless when they have a Hibs game looming. Simply opportunities to rest players, try new formations and sharpen their hacking skills ahead of the big one. Fake news, alternative facts and stupidity are all part of their mind games 🤪

@hibs.net private member
    Including Shaw, Porteous and Fraser Murray there are 24 in the first team squad

Thomas Agyepong
    Efe Ambrose
    Marvin Bartley
    Adam Bogdan
    Martin Boyle
    David Gray
    Paul Hanlon
    Daryl Horgan
    Emerson Hyndman
    Florian Kamberi
    Ross Laidlaw
    Jamie Maclaren
    Stevie Mallan
    Ofir Marciano
    Charalampos Mavrias
    Darren McGregor
    Mark Milligan
    Fraser Murray
    Miquel Nelom
    Ryan Porteous
    Oliver Shaw
    Vykintas Slivka
    Lewis Stevenson
    Steven Whittaker

Blog Entries
    A bit at a tangent here but on subject of injuries Graeme Dorrans wont be playing anytime soon. Im sitting near him on London Glasgow train & hes on way home after op. Really nice guy.

A few Jambos i know are trying to take the moral high ground over this. Ironic as i seem to remember a whole stand of them goading Griffiths when he was stretchered off in a derby. Short memories. Personally i'd never want to see a professional footballer badly injured. We see the short term advantage etc but it's a horrible long road to recovery for some of these players and must be a very worrying and unsettling time. Much prefer red cards

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    A few Jambos i know are trying to take the moral high ground over this. Ironic as i seem to remember a whole stand of them goading Griffiths when he was stretchered off in a derby. Short memories. Personally i'd never want to see a professional footballer badly injured. We see the short term advantage etc but it's a horrible long road to recovery for some of these players and must be a very worrying and unsettling time. Much prefer red cards
    They celebrated it like it was 0-0 at half time.

Soutar big loss for Scotland. They were stating to look a real force in the global game since he was introduced to the team.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Probably thought we were done at that point; that game would have made it 13 in a row if they'd avoided defeat and we had no attacking presence. Luckily Spoony turned up late on with the mental winner.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Murderwell are the new St Liedown. Cost them the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    A bit at a tangent here but on subject of injuries Graeme Dorrans wont be playing anytime soon. Im sitting near him on London Glasgow train & hes on way home after op. Really nice guy.
    I always liked him as a player.

Real shame he ended up at Ibrox.

I'm surprised it hasn't worked out better for him with them, as I thought he looked excellent for WBA.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I always liked him as a player.

Real shame he ended up at Ibrox.

I'm surprised it hasn't worked out better for him with them, as I thought he looked excellent for WBA.
    I agree. Amazing that he, Wes Hoolahan & Snodgrass were all at Livi at much the same time with LG not too far behind.

😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Had a bust up with some random Jambo on YouTube who said Soapy Soutar was the best thing since sliced bread I maintained that no way is he as good as 100% fit Paul Hanlon OK he is younger and obviously has potential had to remind him that Simon Murray nutmegged him in the box and smashed the ball into the roof of the Jambo net. Never heard from him again 😂👍🏾⚽️🏆🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Soutar big loss for Scotland. They were stating to look a real force in the global game since he was introduced to the team.
    😂

Blog Entries
    I think Soutar is a good player & if we had signed him I'd have been delighted. Having said that I think he lacks the physical presence of our own Ryan P & I certsinly wouldn't swap him for Ryan. Yams have plenty cover though, Haring is a centre back currently playing in midfield. I'm more pleased thst Oochy will be missing as for about 100 years we've proved vulnerable to a big Yam huddie up front.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I think Soutar is a good player & if we had signed him I'd have been delighted. Having said that I think he lacks the physical presence of our own Ryan P & I certsinly wouldn't swap him for Ryan. Yams have plenty cover though, Haring is a centre back currently playing in midfield. I'm more pleased thst Oochy will be missing as for about 100 years we've proved vulnerable to a big Yam huddie up front.
    Rumours Haring might be injured. Levien has had them going full pelt since the start of the League, loads of wear and tear already. A team committing 20+ fouls every are always going to come off worse long term, in injuries as well as suspensions.

They need to have more of something!

Quote Originally Posted by A Hi-Bee View Post
    I will say this only once more "**** the hertz"
    I utter these very words every time I pass by the big glass curtained bus shelter...(which is very frequent given that I live just a matter of a Stevie Mallan free-kick away fi the Wheatfield Stand! 😁)

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    If Hearts have 57 full time pros on their books it just goes to show that they are taking the pish out of their loyal fans who fair play to them have pumped their hard earned into their club.

A recurring theme in our house every Derby I have to ask my laddie who such and such a jambo is and where he came from as I have never heard of them by and large over the last two years HIBS have kept the same small close knit squad
    They're hardly taking the pish out of their fans, they're top of the league?

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Souttar pulled out of the Scotland v Peru and Mexico trip at the last minute because of a hip problem. It is a hip injury again now so it sounds like he has an ongoing problem. It wouldn't surprise me if Levein has been playing him whilst his hip hadn't fully recovered so it was probably a matter of time before it was aggravated. It just happened to be whilst playing for Scotland.

Ikpeazu injured his foot against Motherwell, missed a couple of games and was then back against Rangers. We are just finding out now he is out for 5 months due to his foot so it seems it wasn't due to a bad tackle on him but rather an aggravation to the injury he caused himself against Motherwell.

Sounds to me like 2 self inflicted situations due to bad injury management and this is the answer to the Jambos moans as to why it happens to them more than it happens to other clubs such as ours. Maybe they should look after their players better.
    You can either say they are unlucky or they have been played while carrying injuries and they have aggravated them. Obviously the berra injury probably forced his hand but its backfired. Uche has just pure and simple been rushed back. I've no ideas who half their team is but I suspect we'll see a few draws from them. Injuries are just part of the game and they can't say they haven't got a big enough squad now can they. I'll believe it when we see their teamsheet in a couple of weeks. They have a tough run of games coming up so we'll soon find out if the squad is up to it.