hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Levein's 1960's-esque pre season training regime coming back to haunt them already?
    Aye those Gullane sand dunes seemed like a great idea at the time

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Hearts now have the excuse ready for only scraping a top 6 finish by saying “if it wasn’t for those key injuries we would have won the treble”

Just like “if it wasn’t for Vlad sacking Burley we would have won the league”

And further back “if it wasn’t for that coward Levein hiding in the toilet at Dens in May 1986 we would have won the league”

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Hearts now have the excuse ready for only scraping a top 6 finish by saying “if it wasn’t for those key injuries we would have won the treble”

Just like “if it wasn’t for Vlad sacking Burley we would have won the league”

And further back “if it wasn’t for that coward Levein hiding in the toilet at Dens in May 1986 we would have won the league”
    "If it wisnae fur these extra fingers ah could come wi youse oan a Setirday!"

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Which two Hibs players do you think Hearts fans would want to miss the derby through injury? I think they’d go with Kamberi and Milligan.
    Milligan and Mallan for me

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    They’ll be crying on their balcony’s in Bulgaria.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I would be more inclined to believe them this time. Normally it is a 'few weeks' their players are 'out' for before a derby before the miraculous recovery, going on record to say 5 months (2 weeks before the game) is pretty concrete evidence they will both be out for a considerable time imo.

Ive no idea who they have in replacement and as far as I can tell half the players they did sign have not yet featured, so who knows who will be coming in to replace who.

All I know, man for man and both fully fit teams I would say on paper we have the overall better squad. My only gripe will be Lennon changing things when going to tiny which seems to have been the case last season when there was no need to.

@hibs.net private member
    Lucky for them they have signed about 100 players this summer

They whinge about their bad luck with injuries but I say it is their dirty overly aggressive style of play that comes at a cost. Ikpeazu is a prime example, gets away with a foul on Carson which leads to them getting the winning goal but ends up with a long term injury. Getting their just deserts if you ask me.
    Last edited by 007; 18-10-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    You have to ask questions of the Hearts staff surely?

Earlier in season Lafferty was made to continue when it was clear he was struggling in the Bet Fred Cup game away to Raith.

Berra has had previous with head injuries and coming back from concussion very quickly - March derby for example.

Ikpeazu played against Rangers after been out for several games - obviously a desperate move and one which has back fired.

Souttar has hardly had a rest since coming back from achilles injury. Playing for the numpty national team must make it worse for the yam fans also.

Djoum last season - also tried to play him when he wasn't right = long term injury.

There is a trend here...
    They did it with Mitchell as well.
    Levein was saying he was okay to play then went back to Man U and their medical staff ruled him out for 4 months or so.
    What a moment this is!
    It's Liam Henderson to deliver......

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Don’t have a clue who that leaves them with or who Uche even is. Impossible to keep track with a team that signs a new squad every window.
    It turns out Uche and Ikpeazu (aka their latest giant huddy up front) are the same guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Levein was saying he was okay to play then went back to Man U and their medical staff ruled him out for 4 months or so.
    Thats a very good point!

Cutbacks for the new stand mean they must just lookup the NHS website for diagnosis's.

Had a look on Bokeback they are all greeting this never happens to us! See my previous post about Hanlon, Mcgregor, Mclaren and Flo. This season alone (dont even mention what we went through with Gray and Dylan previously.

Its never a jumbos fault is it!

Get yer 1960's training methods running up and down sand dunes roond yeh!

Left by mutual consent!
    If anyone believes this with Levein at the helm they deserve a slap across the face and a boot to the nuts.

It's Levein Yam tactics 101.

Quote Originally Posted by mvteng View Post
    Milligan and Mallan for me
    It’s Boyle and Mallan they fear the most. They haven’t cottoned into how important Milligan is to us yet.
    Looking forward to us running at Hughes now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just popped over to JKB to see how our maroon chums are dealing with the loss of 2 of their biggest players.
    Conclusion: The Samaritans will have to recruit extra volunteers.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Thats a very good point!

Cutbacks for the new stand mean they must just lookup the NHS website for diagnosis's.

Had a look on Bokeback they are all greeting this never happens to us! See my previous post about Hanlon, Mcgregor, Mclaren and Flo. This season alone (dont even mention what we went through with Gray and Dylan previously.

Its never a jumbos fault is it!

Get yer 1960's training methods running up and down sand dunes roond yeh!
    They’ve been lucky with injuries this season compared to us until now. We’ve still not had everyone available for a game yet we’re right on their tails and they’re absolutely ****ting themselves now.

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Couple of things for me:

I’d rather beat H***ts when they are full strength. Hate their complaints that they are not at their best.

Second, I feel a bit for Souttar. He’s a good lad at the wrong club. He’s had a rough time with injuries of late and doesn’t deserve it. Unsure about Uche, his social media is a joke. Anyone that posts selfies like that deserves what’s coming to them.

"Putting a damp spoon back in the bowl is the tea-drinking equivalent of sharing a needle!"

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    A big blow for Hearts but I have seen us fail to turn up at Tynie against a bunch of teenagers who weren't getting paid so I'm not going to allow myself to get overconfident based on this news.
    Too true. Too many Hibs teams have bottled these type of opportunities to get your hopes up too much. Even Lennon has struggled at the PBS.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Who does that leave them with at the back? Aaron Hughes and the lad on loan from Burnley?

Ikpeazu was looking decent. Delighted he’s out. Got to feel more confident for the derby given their injury list.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    Who does that leave them with at the back? Aaron Hughes and the lad on loan from Burnley?
    They have another guy, Dikamona? That they expect to go in there. Dunne only on loan till January. He looks decent to be fair.

At the end of the day, the derby is just one game. This is damaging for Hearts whole season, and good news for us regardless of whatever happens at Tynecastle.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthNorfolkHFC View Post
    Couple of things for me:

I’d rather beat H***ts when they are full strength. Hate their complaints that they are not at their best.

Second, I feel a bit for Souttar. He’s a good lad at the wrong club. He’s had a rough time with injuries of late and doesn’t deserve it. Unsure about Uche, his social media is a joke. Anyone that posts selfies like that deserves what’s coming to them.

I'd rather beat Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tynie01011973 View Post
    Good point - knew there were a few other examples.

Quote Originally Posted by grammyb111 View Post
    Uche and Souttar both out long-term. Not going to help their title bid...
    Only a Yam would refer to Ikpeazu as Uche...unless of course he was a Hibby with spelling dificulties😁

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    They have no complaints/excuses whatsoever We’ve had our 1st choice CH’s missing, our 1st choice keeper missing, our captain, one of our main strikers and our winger all missing through injury.

Bring on the derby, can’t wait.

Left by mutual consent!
    Heard it all before.

They'll be telling us the stand might not be ready next.

Testimonial Due
    This forum is brilliant, Souttar is s***e should be nowhere near Scotland, this thread, Souttar would be my first pick not to play against us????

I know its just opposing fans being biased, but, sometimes you just can't believe what your reading on here!!!!

This really is a terrible shame, I'm proper gutted for them.

They'll be struggling to pick a team from their squad of 2459 players.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This forum is brilliant, Souttar is s***e should be nowhere near Scotland, this thread, Souttar would be my first pick not to play against us????

I know its just opposing fans being biased, but, sometimes you just can't believe what your reading on here!!!!
    It's almost as if different posters are allowed different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Levein's 1960's-esque pre season training regime coming back to haunt them already?
    ...and just his general "over-physical" style of play. Likes his players to go hard in the tackle, always going to bite back.

Nevermind they have "a huge squad packed with quality" so this won't affect their bid for the title in any way.