hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think so but he isn't considerably better than anyone right now because he hasn't kicked a ball in months and is showing no desire to do so.

Hyndmann could've sat at Bournemouth and made more money than Allan but instead he's out on loan, at a lower level, trying to play and prove himself. Allan seems quite happy to earn his dosh for doing nothing. I know which attitude I prefer.

Tbf none of us know what happened with Allan in August and have no idea about his state of mind.

I'm happy to see Hyndman improve with games though. We need everyone to pull their weight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Irrespective of whether he’d be in the first XI right now, we shouldn’t be missing the opportunity to snap him up on a longer deal.
    That was said at the start of this season. it never happened. is he now up for grabs in the windae? why did it not happen then? Is he to be released, or did they try him as a bargaining tool for SJM?

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    I think so but he isn't considerably better than anyone right now because he hasn't kicked a ball in months and is showing no desire to do so.

Hyndmann could've sat at Bournemouth and made more money than Allan but instead he's out on loan, at a lower level, trying to play and prove himself. Allan seems quite happy to earn his dosh for doing nothing. I know which attitude I prefer.
    Hyndman will be earning the same now as he would be if he was still at Bournemouth surely.

To answer the op question....Allan would walk into the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Absolutely, he is a bit like Riordan in that he can only really play for Hibs. He would start for us and have a great last 7 - 10 years or he can bounce around a bit and end up being a 32 year old taxi driver boring passenger with stories about how he was a contender once.
    I like that Vinnie, but do consider....he would be able to buy his plate, outright. being at Hibs though, he might spend more than he really should then end up hiring a cab to make a living. get what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Hyndman will be earning the same now as he would be if he was still at Bournemouth surely.

It will take Allan months to get up to game pace. We play with incredible pace and movement at the moment. If Allan were to come he’d need a long time to adjust. But I expect Allan to go down south in Jan.

Coaching Staff
    I think MacLaren, with his running off the last man, and ability to run on to through balls, would benefit most if Allan came back

Allan instead of hyndman for me. We know what he can do and how consistent he can be. And because he would be a permanent signing.

Coaching Staff
    I don’t see it as Allan instead of anyone....

I see Allan as ADDITIONAL to....

These days it is uncommon to play with the same side for a few games in a row, and we need players that when they interchange....they are not ‘lesser’ than who they replace.

Sum of the parts and all that.....

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Scott Allan walks into this team. And that’s not a slight on anyone that’s already in it.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    100%. What a player. Get him signed

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Is this a joke thread ?

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    Yes, every day of the week over Hyndman. Twice the player.

I'd question if some people on here even watched him last season. He was excellent in his first spell and miles ahead of that in his second spell. If the opportunity arises we should be doing everything we can to sign him.

Without a doubt.

Far better player than Hyndman and he is more effective around the park than Mallan, although Mallan has the advantage of being able to get you a goal out of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I'd question if some people on here even watched him last season. He was excellent in his first spell and miles ahead of that in his second spell. If the opportunity arises we should be doing everything we can to sign him.
    Absolutely agree, was fundamental to our form from January onwards.

@hibs.net private member
    Ofcourse he would, he’s he our best player if he signed again, don’t think it will happen now tho.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Yes.

For the tackle on Jordan Rossiter alone!

Sorry mate but I think you are being very harsh on Scotty here unless you know something concrete??

From what I've heard it was Hibs that pulled the plug on a last min loan deal at end of Aug (Dempster wanted a Perm deal only and Celtic wouldn't play ball) so IF that is the case it's hardly Scottys fault he's left kicking his heels at Celtic.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone who thinks Scotty wouldn't be getting a start in the team has a very short memory. He was absolutely superb for us last season and worth the admission fee on his own at times.

No one knows for sure what happened in Scottallangate during the summer my fear is that Scott Allan may have fallen out of love with our club and that ship has sadly now sailed
    We will find out in January

Yeah but Hyndman is earning it.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Yeah but Hyndman is earning it.
    How do you know Allan didn't want to come here on loan? What makes you think he is happy twiddling his thumbs at Parkheed?

How do you know Allan didn't want to come here on loan? What makes you think he is happy twiddling his thumbs at Parkheed?
    I think this summer we'll see how much Allan wants to play football. The stupid transfers he's made in his career so far tell me he fancies money alot more than game time.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasAgyepong View Post
    Doing a wee search on a website called TransferMarkt I’ve seen a few players who’s contract expires at the end of the season. Scott Allan’s contract expires at the end of the season and it got me thinking about wether he would actually get into the current starting 11. With Hyndman starting to impress, Mallan scoring for fun and Milligan being a rock in midfield I personally don’t think he would get into the midfield.
    I think you’re wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasAgyepong View Post
    Doing a wee search on a website called TransferMarkt I’ve seen a few players who’s contract expires at the end of the season. Scott Allan’s contract expires at the end of the season and it got me thinking about wether he would actually get into the current starting 11. With Hyndman starting to impress, Mallan scoring for fun and Milligan being a rock in midfield I personally don’t think he would get into the midfield.

Yes

I think this summer we'll see how much Allan wants to play football. The stupid transfers he's made in his career so far tell me he fancies money alot more than game time.
    How many players in his position at the times of those signings would have done differently?

In response to the OP - Yes. And he's be our best player. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    He'd definitely get in the starting 11 for me. I think if we signed Allan and he plays as well as he has the past two stints he'd be our best best player imo. Would taka a while for him to get match fit anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    How many players in his position at the times of those signings would have done differently?

In response to the OP - Yes. And he's be our best player. Again.
    Probably the sensible ones. That's very few these days tbh. He's 26 and wasting away, hopefully he's clever enough to know better next time.