hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would Scott Allan get into the current Starting 11?

Doing a wee search on a website called TransferMarkt I’ve seen a few players who’s contract expires at the end of the season. Scott Allan’s contract expires at the end of the season and it got me thinking about wether he would actually get into the current starting 11. With Hyndman starting to impress, Mallan scoring for fun and Milligan being a rock in midfield I personally don’t think he would get into the midfield.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasAgyepong View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doing a wee search on a website called TransferMarkt I’ve seen a few players who’s contract expires at the end of the season. Scott Allan’s contract expires at the end of the season and it got me thinking about wether he would actually get into the current starting 11. With Hyndman starting to impress, Mallan scoring for fun and Milligan being a rock in midfield I personally don’t think he would get into the midfield.
    Maybe you're right, just now.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    He'd definitely get in the starting 11 for me. I think if we signed Allan and he plays as well as he has the past two stints he'd be our best best player imo. Would taka a while for him to get match fit anyway.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    still think he is better than hyndman but if he continues to play well then that may change

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    still think he is better than hyndman but if he continues to play well then that may change
    Me too. Hyndman has had a couple of decent performance ..Allan has proved himself to be a game changer on a number of occasions....Hyndman hasn’t hit those heights yet

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    He'd replace Hyndman without a second thought. Not to say Hyndman isn't good but Allan is considerably better.

Hyndeman’s loan expires in January so it may not be an issue.

Irrespective of whether he’d be in the first XI right now, we shouldn’t be missing the opportunity to snap him up on a longer deal.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    I can't help but think Scotty will have his agent scouring the wanted lists down south, or even Govan.
    He must be sick not getting regular games, and whatever went wrong with the proposed move to Hibs last window, surely it means he will be looking at other options.
    It is now a long shot for him to come to Hibs is my gut feeling.

The Scott Allan who turns it on for Hibs then yes undoubtedly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Hyndeman’s loan expires in January so it may not be an issue.
    Sure someone on here who seems to be ITK reckons he’s off down south. Sure I seen Charlton being mentioned as being a possible destination. Hope its wrong and he ends up back here!

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    I can't help but think Scotty will have his agent scouring the wanted lists down south, or even Govan.
    He must be sick not getting regular games, and whatever went wrong with the proposed move to Hibs last window, surely it means he will be looking at other options.
    It is now a long shot for him to come to Hibs is my gut feeling.
    Allen has been down South on and off since 2012 without making any impact. He has been to WBA, Portsmouth, Milton Keynes, Birmingham City, and Rotherham.

Not really a great cv for a 26 year old. Hibs are the only club who have played him regularly. I can’t see him getting a contract down South.

Absolutely, he is a bit like Riordan in that he can only really play for Hibs. He would start for us and have a great last 7 - 10 years or he can bounce around a bit and end up being a 32 year old taxi driver boring passenger with stories about how he was a contender once.

The passes Allan picks out would be great for our strikers. He’s a player hibs could defo do with having.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    He'd replace Hyndman without a second thought. Not to say Hyndman isn't good but Allan is considerably better.

True.

Without a doubt Allan would walk into the #10 role

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Allan would add a dimension and quality we do not have. Might not always be selected but he has headroom to get better Might not be our choice anyway. Football moves on quickly

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    We don’t have a fixed starting XI.

We have got 15 - 18 players who could all genuinely be considered starters. The XI which are chosen for a given fixture will be determined by opponent, formation, tactics, fitness and availability.

He is a massively talented player who might get in to the starting 11 now but given the synergy our midfield has had since the arrival of Milligan I’m not so sure he would. It all comes done to cost for what may be an overly expensive option..
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Allan would replace Hyndman all day long imo.
    Hyndman would be a good backup but will he be here after January?
    May well depend on how the Allan situation pans out.

I think so but he isn't considerably better than anyone right now because he hasn't kicked a ball in months and is showing no desire to do so.

Hyndmann could've sat at Bournemouth and made more money than Allan but instead he's out on loan, at a lower level, trying to play and prove himself. Allan seems quite happy to earn his dosh for doing nothing. I know which attitude I prefer.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 17-10-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasAgyepong View Post
    Scott Allan would get in any Hibs starting eleven for me. One of the best players I’ve seen in a Hibs strip in my 40 odd years of watching us.

I can't imagine a Hibs that wouldn't have a need for Scott Allan.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    I think so but he isn't considerably better than anyone right now because he hasn't kicked in months and is showing no desire to do so.

Hyndmann could've sat at Bournemouth and made more money than Allan but instead he's out on loan, at a lower level, trying to play and prove himself. Allan seems quite happy to earn his dosh for doing nothing. I know which attitude I prefer.

It feels slightly uncomfortable to be comparing our current club player Hyndman who's contributing very positively to the team with a non hibs player that may or may not ever play for our club again.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Wonder if he’s still paying into HSL :)

Its a yes from my (assuming he gets match fit)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I’d build the team around him. I was gutted we didn’t get him signed up again this season. He’s meant to be at Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    I’d say yes he’d Get into the team.

GGTTH

I think the way Milligan and Mallan play basically set up for Allan to be in there, it gives him a little more of a role to express himself I'm not saying he never got that with Mcginn & Mcgeough. I just feel the midfield now suits him a little better and I really don't think Hyndman will be back at ER not through performance but wages or other clubs coming in. At least with Allan we know he will want to be here.