hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Nba

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve never actually seen him play , so I’ll reserve judgement or comment hahaha

what I would say, is that going to San Antonio, with Pop as his coach and looking like Tim Duncan as a mentor figure, is that he should have a fantastic starting point and some great people to guide him, if he chooses to lean into that and take on what they have to share. If he’s patient, and works on what they want to with him, and they can build a decent squad around him, he could be a playoffs mainstay for 15 years, albeit there’s many external factors that could have a heavy influence.

the best thing the spurs can do (and I fully expect them to) is keep him away from toxic locker room presences, and me-first players.

what’s your thoughts?
    Have only seen clips here and there of him, he's described as a once in a millennium player and one of the greatest prospects of all time.

A 7'4 PF/C who can shoot like a PG but as you said two great legends of the game with bags of experience and knowledge who will only help him.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Have only seen clips here and there of him, he's described as a once in a millennium player and one of the greatest prospects of all time.

A 7'4 PF/C who can shoot like a PG but as you said two great legends of the game with bags of experience and knowledge who will only help him.

I think we’re a couple of years from seeing a bit of a sea change in the league. There’s no real anointed successor to James/curry/Durant, and the generation after them (Davis, embiid, etc) haven’t really stepped up to that same level. Joker could get there, but I think the likes of wembanyama, banchero etc could have a bit of an open field to step forward and be the man.

im not sure we’ve had a period like this before, stretching a long way back. Certainly Russell/wilt/Jerry west to Kareem to magic/bird to Jordan to shaq then Kobe to lebron/curry/Durant, there’s always been a successor there. Interesting to see how the league handles such a situation

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    I think we’re a couple of years from seeing a bit of a sea change in the league. There’s no real anointed successor to James/curry/Durant, and the generation after them (Davis, embiid, etc) haven’t really stepped up to that same level. Joker could get there, but I think the likes of wembanyama, banchero etc could have a bit of an open field to step forward and be the man.

im not sure we’ve had a period like this before, stretching a long way back. Certainly Russell/wilt/Jerry west to Kareem to magic/bird to Jordan to shaq then Kobe to lebron/curry/Durant, there’s always been a successor there. Interesting to see how the league handles such a situation

Reminds me a little of Zion who was hyped up to be the next big thing( well he his big) 😁

Reminds me a little of Zion who was hyped up to be the next big thing( well he his big) 😁

he was indeed, now there’s talk of the Pelicans trading him, but I think if they do, they won’t be getting maximum value, as his years in the league have shown him to be injury prone, not willing to keep himself in condition, not really dedicated to it in the way that others are, and not particularly interested in defensive work (a pet peeve of mine with nba players lol).

that all said, maybe a trade would be what he needs, to a team with a harder stance on conditioning and attitude (which probably rules out Chicago sadly for me ), where so,e senior players would hold him more accountable.

Wembanyama made his summer league debut last night, just watched his highlights on YouTube.

Looked very good on defence as you would expect him with his size etc.

Only went 2 for 13 though with a couple of simple misses on the lay up and a wide open 3, a few turnovers also due to poor handles.

He did get a welcome to the NBA moment getting dunked on a little nasty and for me had his ankles broken but an offence foul was giving.

Full numbers 9 points 8 rebounds 3 assists 5 blocks.

A big crowd of 17.5k watching also, he will take time to adjust and get physically better.

A much better second game for Wembanyama with much improved on the shooting.

Spurs have pulled him from playing anymore summer league games.

A much better second game for Wembanyama with much improved on the shooting.

Spurs have pulled him from playing anymore summer league games.

don’t pay too much attention to summer league, but noticed that scoot Henderson has been pulled as well

can see the summer league becoming a place for 2 way players and guys trying to get on a roster/hop up from the G league in years to come, the big name rookies seem to hardly play these days

First Team Breakthrough portyhibernian's Avatar
    With the Dame Lillard now in Milwaukee with Giannis are the Bucks favourites for the championship this season? Losing Jrue massively affects the defence but Lillard makes a huge difference on offense..will the Bucks just simply score 140 in every game and win it that way???

Quote Originally Posted by portyhibernian View Post
    With the Dame Lillard now in Milwaukee with Giannis are the Bucks favourites for the championship this season? Losing Jrue massively affects the defence but Lillard makes a huge difference on offense..will the Bucks just simply score 140 in every game and win it that way???

Definitely a ‘chips all in’ move from Milwaukee, although there’s been a few rumours that Giannis has been wanting them to do more or he’ll think about walking at the end of his contract, so they probably felt they had to do something.

As far as favourites, there’s a few times on a similar level. The Celtics will be there if they can keep everyone fit, moving for Jrue was a good move, although it’s cost them depth. Denver will still be there, a well balanced team. The Warriors will always be in with a shout, especially if Chris Paul can mesh well, which I think is likely. With their window closing due to various ages and the sheer size of their wage bill, I wonder if they’ll see this year and possibly next as their last big push. the Suns will fancy their chances against most teams, as will Miami, who I think will be itching to pull off a big trade to boost their chances, after missing out on Dame.

not sure how much I'll be watching now that TNT is showing the upcoming season, hopefully they'll put a free game on YouTube like sky did.

A good start for the Warriors, not really seen much action so far, Nuggets looking strong as expected.

When did the BBC start showing games? 76ers game on live just now.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    BBC have been showing American sports occasionally for a few years now, not sure when the NBA broadcasts started but youve got a few MLB games every season and the Super Bowl every year up until this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first I've heard about BBC showing NBA games, I will keep my eye out in future.

I did look forward to a Sunday when sky would show one on YouTube but don't seem to be happening with TNT.

The first I've heard about BBC showing NBA games, I will keep my eye out in future.

I did look forward to a Sunday when sky would show one on YouTube but don't seem to be happening with TNT.
    Yeah was surprised when I stumbled across it. Anyways according to them they supposedly got the celtics game on on Friday so looks like it could be a regular thing.

Yeah was surprised when I stumbled across it. Anyways according to them they supposedly got the celtics game on on Friday so looks like it could be a regular thing.
    A quick Google search and they are showing 5 regular matches then 4 post matches, not sure if that was the first one.

Really not sure as the Lakers game is live on BBC Three just now.