hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Christian Nade

Quote Originally Posted by bodhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some of the posts on this thread are at best embarrassing and at worst are pathetic.
    Aye some of it wiz givin me a sore heid, but some good points about a serious subject made, so in my wee heid all good.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    Of course not, but often they do. I know people who can't work on the roofs because there knees are shot. Likewise we have lost players to injury before their time.

A compassionate club would judge the player on their performances. If mental illness was impacting on it, it would be the same as any other performance limiting factor.

If you've got a broken leg, you don't make the team; if depression is causing you fatigue, or to get sent off too often, or effecting your concentration, you'd also be rested.

Clubs would give the player time to reflect overcome their physical or mental challenges, but all concerned may agree enough is enough, and the contract may not be renewed

Then it's a case of the player trying to find another club, or decide to retire.

That's all I'm trying to get across. Mental illness (and it is a massive spectrum) is no different from any other. We should be compassionate, but ultimately we would be doing someone a disservice if we didn't recognise their shortcomings.

A lot of second guessing how someone would respond to what people say, on here. My depression would not improve if I was not performing at the level required.
    Don't know where to begin. All I do know is that your last sentence tells me you don't suffer from depression.

How do you improve depression? Do you tell alcoholics just to stop drinking?

Sheltered approach to the real world my friend.

Some of the posts on this thread are at best embarrassing and at worst are pathetic.
    Agreed. My worry is that these thoughts aren't confined to laptops! These people walk our amongst us.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Agreed. My worry is that these thoughts aren't confined to laptops! These people walk our amongst us.
    I truly hope to f no eh!

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    If any of the posts I have made are in the unacceptable bracket then please be assured I don't mean to be offensive or ignorant.

The original post and subsequent support made me feel comfortable admitting my own issues to the forum.

I may have got a tad carried away with some posts and my reactions. For that I am sorry folks.

Bringing it all full circle, regardless of what Nade or other athletes may or may not have done outside of the sporting world, coming forward about struggles with depression or any other mental health struggles is something that as humans we should all be aware of. Whether you agree with it or not is entirely up to you.

Thanks for listening. GGTTH!

Think it's time for a wee dram before bed 😂

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevesFamau5 View Post
    If any of the posts I have made are in the unacceptable bracket then please be assured I don't mean to be offensive or ignorant.

The original post and subsequent support made me feel comfortable admitting my own issues to the forum.

I may have got a tad carried away with some posts and my reactions. For that I am sorry folks.

Bringing it all full circle, regardless of what Nade or other athletes may or may not have done outside of the sporting world, coming forward about struggles with depression or any other mental health struggles is something that as humans we should all be aware of. Whether you agree with it or not is entirely up to you.

Thanks for listening. GGTTH!

Think it's time for a wee dram before bed
    Have a look at this. You're never alone (with a schizophrenic )

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...3&share_type=t

The best thread on the site IMO.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Ah depression.....well that explains his behaviour towards his ex....back handers and threats must be part of the condition
    Ah the classic keyboard warrior, what tool you are

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Don't know where to begin. All I do know is that your last sentence tells me you don't suffer from depression.

How do you improve depression? Do you tell alcoholics just to stop drinking?

Sheltered approach to the real world my friend.
    Quite cruel and deliberately ignorant I feel. I'm not going to discuss my recovery on here. All I can say is, for me, it's been about accepting reality and seeing that black dog for what it is.

There are a variety of approaches, ranging from diet, exercise, change of lifestyle, avoiding alcohol and narcotics, talking therapies, medication, peer support groups, hospitalisation, electro convulsive therapy

Google is your friend, as is your GP, SAMH, and many other support groups.
    Last edited by Chic Murray; 18-10-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's a Scottish government paper, so is it not policy? Or at least a step towards policy?

On the subject of cost, the current darling of the NHS is CBT, so presumably the cost of that is not seen as prohibitive. That's a step forward IMO, but still a long way away from holistic approaches for individuals and the admission of other talking therapies. It remains the case that those who would benefit the most from access to the likes of hypnotherapy are those who can least afford it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    My point is every piece of legislation should be referring to the goals set out there. Instead politicians come out with "mental health" as meaningless buzz words, Willie Rennue and the Lib Dems are particularly bad

Check out each parties spokesperson on mental health. The SNP now have a forner psych nurse in position. The closest other parties get us Sarwar, who used to have a dental practice!

Previous government minister was an ex primary school teacher. The government set targets for reducing suicide, gone all quiet on that recently though

A talking therapist in every GP practice would be a start, but (I know people won't like this) they would probably get snowed under by people seeing it as a route to benefits, or the worried well

More work has to be done on trauma, particularly childhood trauma, but I fear again that money invested in child and adolescent services, will be diverted to dealing with behavioural probkems

Then there is the complete dark hole that is brain injuries. You see stories in the likes of the Daily Record about people languishing in general hospitals because there is nowhere to put them.

Coming back to football, there is great work being done to build self esteem, and overall physical and mental well being. I think the SFA should be working there.

It needs somebody to bang heads together.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would like to through my tuppence in from someone here who was diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

I have it under control just now with medication but it had nothing to do with how my life was or is. I constantly felt that there was something wrong when there wasn't ,I would look for the worst case scenario to happen and even if 9x out of 10 I was wrong the tenth time justified my state of mind.

There was really nothing wrong in my life my mind just made me feel like there was and if there wasn't there should be.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    I would like to through my tuppence in from someone here who was diagnosed with depression and anxiety.

I have it under control just now with medication but it had nothing to do with how my life was or is. I constantly felt that there was something wrong when there wasn't ,I would look for the worst case scenario to happen and even if 9x out of 10 I was wrong the tenth time justified my state of mind.

There was really nothing wrong in my life my mind just made me feel like there was and if there wasn't there should be.
    Thanks for sharing ..I’m always humbled when people in our community share real examples such as this..it gives a small indication of the complexity of such health challenges people face...wishing you good luck and continued support in this ...

It’s more in the spirit of the original topic on this thread..It can only be positive when people with a public profile speak openly around mental health and well-being topics. I wish Nade the best..we have given him loads of stick over the years..he seemed to regularly get the last laugh by often scoring against us..fair play - best way to respond

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post

That's exactly where I am mate

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I would probably say getting stick from us ie 10 men couldn't carry etc etc would not be an issue as I could probably box that up as I am trying to beat them of course they do not like me.

Most of us do not do a job that involves you trying to make 1000s of people unhappy in front of them so therefore I think I myself would not have been bothered by stick from opposition fans. It is I guess what you have no control over you try to take control of but it tends to be in a negative manner.

I had been a big football gambler for years even after starting to go on my medication it continued. I was betting with money needed for bills selling stuff to keep going I have had to get a debt charity in to save me and help me consolidate. But this didn't get me down even though it was totally out of control it was me who was fully controlling it. This is indeed why depression is such a difficult thing to perhaps understand as that level of gambling would have been a massive worry to most people it was even to me but it was my worry fully created by me.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 19-10-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam6270 View Post
    Ah the classic keyboard warrior, what tool you are
    Youre the tool ....and clearly clueless as to what a keyboard warrior actually is

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    You are correct I don't know anything about you.
    That is my opinion though about statements such as that.

You do come across as having quite an uncaring attitude to this from your posts. I don't think it is as black and white as you make out.

There are plenty of instances of professional athletes who have suffered stress and couldn't perform for a while, but when well were at the top end of their sport, and I would imagine a number of them earned money during their absence due to contracts they had. I don't see how that matches with your opinion of stress and not being able to do the job.
    Hopefully, my later posts show where I stand on the shades of grey.

What does a caring person sound like, by the way?

Why do you say that?
    Last edited by Chic Murray; 19-10-2018 at 09:06 AM.

This thread's going well.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Youre the tool ....and clearly clueless as to what a keyboard warrior actually is

Please go away. Your recent contributions on this site have been needlessly provocative.

Go troll people on 4chan or wherever instead.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    This thread's going well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Please go away. Your recent contributions on this site have been needlessly provocative.

Go troll people on 4chan or wherever instead.
    So much competition to show who cares most that people are going out of their way to show how little they care about others.

Virtue signalling +++

So much competition to show who cares most that people are going out of their way to show how little they care about others.

Virtue signalling +++
    One of these days I might understand what the term "virtue signalling" actually means.

However, for a thread that is devoid of stereotyping, stigmatising, judgement, blame-shifting, misunderstanding and abuse, the Depression and Anxiety thread is the one to follow. Real people, with real experiences.

@hibs.net private member
    Hopefully, my later posts show where I stand on the shades of grey.

What does a caring person sound like, by the way?

It did to an extent yes, and there is a lot of what you said that I agree with, not all mind you.

I can see from your later posts that you clearly understand and care about this subject a lot, I was pointing out that some of your posts though do seem uncaring and frankly aggressive.

For example, the later part of your post above. However, that is your right. As it is my right not to like the wording of your posts.

This is obviously a discussion that a lot of people have strong opinions on. You have said repeatedly that people don't know your circumstances, yet you have no knowledge of the circumstances of the others who have posted.

Left by mutual consent!
    It did to an extent yes, and there is a lot of what you said that I agree with, not all mind you.

I can see from your later posts that you clearly understand and care about this subject a lot, I was pointing out that some of your posts though do seem uncaring and frankly aggressive.

For example, the later part of your post above. However, that is your right. As it is my right not to like the wording of your posts.

This is obviously a discussion that a lot of people have strong opinions on. You have said repeatedly that people don't know your circumstances, yet you have no knowledge of the circumstances of the others who have posted.
    Thanks, I prefer to think a sharp knife cuts clean, and prefer to get to the point.

I'm not really sure what your last sentence is about. I haven't told any individual they don't know what they are talking about, or don't care. If someone says that to me, I merely point out they can only be guessing about my life

Left by mutual consent!
    One of these days I might understand what the term "virtue signalling" actually means.

However, for a thread that is devoid of stereotyping, stigmatising, judgement, blame-shifting, misunderstanding and abuse, the Depression and Anxiety thread is the one to follow. Real people, with real experiences.

Folsom Prison 1968

Governor : Mr Cash, I hope you won't be singing any songs that remind the men they are in prison
    Johnny Cash : You think they've fiorgot?

(Adopting a stance which attempts to show you care about someone, whilst demonstrating you don't understand the issues they really face.)

Folsom Prison 1968

Governor : Mr Cash, I hope you won't be singing any songs that remind the men they are in prison
    Johnny Cash : You think they've fiorgot?

(Adopting a stance which attempts to show you care about someone, whilst demonstrating you don't understand the issues they really face.)
    Is that happening on this thread?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Virtue signalling +++

What are you on about?

The poster I referred to has made a number of ludicrous posts across many threads on this site and it’s very tiresome.

Left by mutual consent!
    Is that happening on this thread?

Yes . Much judgementalism, either on Nade, or other people

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    What are you on about?

The poster I referred to has made a number of ludicrous posts across many threads on this site and it’s very tiresome.
    In your opinion.

Yes . Much judgementalism, either on Nade, or other people

In your opinion.
    Every day's a school day. Where in particular?

@hibs.net private member
    Thanks, I prefer to think a sharp knife cuts clean, and prefer to get to the point.
    Fair enough; in my opinion with out any vocal, facial or body gestures to go with, I think it can be very hard to express our opinions exactly how we want them.

I'm not really sure what your last sentence is about. I haven't told any individual they don't know what they are talking about, or don't care. If someone says that to me, I merely point out they can only be guessing about my life
    Your continued use of the phrase "virtue signalling (which I had to look up) insinuates that other posters are posting just to look good socially rather than the fact they might be posting because this issues affects them and they hold strong opinions on it.
    To simply call it all "virtue signalling" seems like you have not considered why the person has posted what they have.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fair enough; in my opinion with out any vocal, facial or body gestures to go with, I think it can be very hard to express our opinions exactly how we want them.

Your continued use of the phrase "virtue signalling (which I had to look up) insinuates that other posters are posting just to look good socially rather than the fact they might be posting because this issues affects them and they hold strong opinions on it.
    To simply call it all "virtue signalling" seems like you have not considered why the person has posted what they have.
    This is going round in circles. Let's stop.
    Last edited by Chic Murray; 19-10-2018 at 10:22 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    This is going round in circles. Let's stop.
    Sure, we will have to agree to disagree

Left by mutual consent!
    Every day's a school day. Where in particular?
    Hardly fair to run a list. It keeps getting repeated that people may have their own reasons for posting what they do.

Some are stick outs. If you can be bothered, you might find them.