hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Christian Nade

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hardly fair to run a list. It keeps getting repeated that people may have their own reasons for posting what they do.

Some are stick outs. If you can be bothered, you might find them.
    Other than the poster who mentioned the wife-beating, I don't see any that are stick-outs. I tend to assume, rightly or wrongly, that the people who post on this and the other thread are being genuine, and talking from their own experiences.

If they're not, they're hiding it well. I can't understand, though, why people would do that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Apparently depression is worthy of sympathy and understanding whereas injured players are fair game for abuse and ridicule if the top two threads on here are to be believed!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Apparently depression is worthy of sympathy and understanding whereas injured players are fair game for abuse and ridicule if the top two threads on here are to be believed!
    Different posters?

Left by mutual consent!
    Mr Cropley, are you having a laugh?

A complete lack of understanding of how the brain works.

What a lovely compassionate human being you are.

I hope you or no-one close to you suffers a depressive episode you simply havent got a scooby.****

What a crass comment.
    Well, at least we now have the dictionary definition for "Lack of Empathy

Aye well done, you're helping prepare him. Part of the coaching team really....!

I have seldom read such a load of tripe on this board!

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Other than the poster who mentioned the wife-beating, I don't see any that are stick-outs. I tend to assume, rightly or wrongly, that the people who post on this and the other thread are being genuine, and talking from their own experiences.

If they're not, they're hiding it well. I can't understand, though, why people would do that.
    Sure they are. That's one page.

I can't understand either. Maybe they have "mental health issues"?

Are you playing mind games mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    Mr Cropley, are you having a laugh?

A complete lack of understanding of how the brain works.

What a lovely compassionate human being you are.

I hope you or no-one close to you suffers a depressive episode you simply havent got a scooby.****

What a crass comment.
    Well, at least we now have the dictionary definition for "Lack of Empathy

Aye well done, you're helping prepare him. Part of the coaching team really....!

I have seldom read such a load of tripe on this board!

Sure they are. That's one page.

I can't understand either. Maybe they have "mental health issues"?

Are you playing mind games mate?
    We may be talking about different things here.

I asked for examples of "virtue signalling", which you defined as "Adopting a stance which attempts to show you care about someone, whilst demonstrating you don't understand the issues they really face."

Whilst the quotes you list may be something else, I can't see how they fit into that definition.

Mind games? Certainly not. I am, though, curious from a personal and a professional perspective about people's views and experiences.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 19-10-2018 at 10:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    I think awareness of mental health has come a long way in recent years. When I joined my professional institute as a student member around about 12 years ago, I had to sign something confirming that I had no history of mental health issues. I wonder if they still make people sign this (I wasn't made to sign anything similar when I qualified). If they do I think it is pretty disgusting that they would prevent someone from doing their professional exams just because they have had mental health issues in the past.

I hope Nade is OK. Interestingly, he says he quite enjoyed the songs we used to sing about him.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    That's exactly where I am mate

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that, but you're not alone in suffering with it/experiencing it and you're certainly not alone in terms of having people who can support you. I'm not an expert, I am a primary teacher and I've reached a bit of an epiphany over the years with my own anxiety and issues (I get chronic migraines which result in mild depression). I'm more than happy to share strategies that have worked for me, or even just be on the other end of a PM or facebook message.
    PM if you want to.

For those who want to be more proactive in dealing with things like anxiety (not the medical side of depression - that's not a case of 'mind over matter'), then have a look at Stoicism. There's loads of stuff out there and a lot of it really helped me. Again, I'm more than happy to share.

I also realise this may be the wrong forum for it so apologies for that.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I think awareness of mental health has come a long way in recent years. When I joined my professional institute as a student member around about 12 years ago, I had to sign something confirming that I had no history of mental health issues. I wonder if they still make people sign this (I wasn't made to sign anything similar when I qualified). If they do I think it is pretty disgusting that they would prevent someone from doing their professional exams just because they have had mental health issues in the past.

I hope Nade is OK. Interestingly, he says he quite enjoyed the songs we used to sing about him.
    We had great fun with Nade.

He took pelters - but fair play to him, he managed to give us plenty back.

I wonder if this is part of his problem? A lot of recently-retired sportsmen or people on a downward spiral have issues with depression.

Rather than feel bad about what we shouted and sang at him, I don't really have any regrets about it - we gave him the opportunity to stuff the words down our throats, which he did and savoured.

That high must be hard to replace.

Best wishes to the big man. And that is big, not fat. I got the shock of my life that time he ripped his top off after scoring against us for Raith.

Different guy, but the same type of awareness raising.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...lifts-13444499

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 20-10-2018 at 08:41 AM.