hibs.net Messageboard

Official Site: RYAN PORTEOUS KEEN TO CONTINUE DEVELOPMENT

2. Log in to remove the advert

What a player we have here and only 19.

He seems very level headed and keen to learn.

Hope he will be around for many years in a Hibs jersey.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a player we have here and only 19.

He seems very level headed and keen to learn.

Hope he will be around for many years in a Hibs jersey.
    I think if he keeps playing as well as he has been he wont be sort of suitors, definitely a player I'd love to have at the club for a good few years

Contracted until 2022 I think, i want that extended to 2027 and give him a yearly increasing salary NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    Contracted until 2022 I think, i want that extended to 2027 and give him a yearly increasing salary NOW
    What if he breaks his leg tomorrow and is never the same again? 2022 is just fine for now.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    What if he breaks his leg tomorrow and is never the same again? 2022 is just fine for now.
    What if he goes on to get a cap for Scotland keeps improving it comes to 2020 Everton table 2.5 mill he signs no contract and he goes? If he get a longer contract with the salary improving each year obviously this wouldn't continue if he was to as you say " never be the same again " I'm sure there's a million clauses in contracts we don't see. No harm in cementing your future stars

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    What if he goes on to get a cap for Scotland keeps improving it comes to 2020 Everton table 2.5 mill he signs no contract and he goes? If he get a longer contract with the salary improving each year obviously this wouldn't continue if he was to as you say " never be the same again " I'm sure there's a million clauses in contracts we don't see. No harm in cementing your future stars
    A year from now perhaps is when we think about an extension. He'd still have 2 years on his contract in 2020, we'd be in a strong position still.

I also don't see why the player would agree to a 9 year contract, that's almost his entire career signed away.

If he makes it big we'll get good cash for him, Hibs aren't stupid.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Great player.

He’s got time on his side and his career is progressing very nicely at Hibs.