hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what you're saying there I'm taking it Hearts/FOH could have VAT and other tax problems on supporters contributions once FOH take control of the club???

Whereas HSL won't be in control here so the same issues won't arise? Clever Hibs :-)
    I think Hearts, or perhaps FOH, appointed a VAT expert to their Board last year. That may have been to work out a way around the situation that you, correctly IMO, describe.

I think we will face that same issue once all the shares available have been bought

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wish VAT was as easy as that.

What you're suggesting is that the ST holder pays x plus y to the Club. The Club then pays over y to HSL. HSL then use that y to buy shares in the Club.

One of the reasons the likes of HSL and FOH are kept separate from the Club's is to reduce the chances of their being seen as one and the same, hence causing VAT and tax problems.

I'm not saying that your suggestion wouldn't work, but my instinct says that HMRC would be "interested". As Hearts have done, the Club would need to be properly advised and be sure of their ground before they went down that route.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    I was thinking we would pay our season ticket renewal as normal but somewhere in the literature there is an option to have your details added to HSL database along with direct debit details and the amount you would like to donate directly to HSL.

So no direct income to the club. Instead the income is generated by HSL and then passed to hibs.

Even if there was a 40% uptake then it would be 5000-6000 members.