hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Official HSL -The Facts About HSL Donations

As a result of a conversation today at lunchtime with a lifelong home and away supporter I was asked to clarify a couple of simple facts about HSL . Here we go :

1. All donations go to the Club ( apart from very small expenses for printing etc ).

2. In return we receive shares in the Club and supporters increase their ownership stake, now heading towards 17%.

3 . The shares we receive are newly issued. For the avoidance of doubt we are not buying shares from either Sir Tom Farmer or Rod Petrie.

4. The Board use these funds to buy more/pay for players and any other requirements that the Manager dictates.

5. An HSL Director will be appointed to the Hibs Board when we reach 20 %

6. All of the HSL Directors are ordinary Hibs supporters giving their time voluntarily.

7. HSL will continue to provide a vehicle to allow fans who can afford it, to provide extra funds to our Club.

What a great way to help improve our team. Join here :https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

HSL

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Come on guys lets show the yams we can raise money too by supporting HSL

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a result of a conversation today at lunchtime with a lifelong home and away supporter I was asked to clarify a couple of simple facts about HSL . Here we go :

1. All donations go to the Club ( apart from very small expenses for printing etc ).

2. In return we receive shares in the Club and supporters increase their ownership stake, now heading towards 17%.

3 . The shares we receive are newly issued. For the avoidance of doubt we are not buying shares from either Sir Tom Farmer or Rod Petrie.

4. The Board use these funds to buy more/pay for players and any other requirements that the Manager dictates.

6. All of the HSL Directors are ordinary Hibs supporters giving their time voluntarily.

7. HSL will continue to provide a vehicle to allow fans who can afford it, to provide extra funds to our Club.

What a great way to help improve our team. Join here :https://hiberniansupporters.co.uk/donate/

HSL
    Hi HSL, are you going to post this elsewhere?
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

HSL
    Thanks for this. Can I ask how often does HSL donate to the club? Is it monthly? If so what is the average/typical monthly donation from HSL to the club (I’d like to think this is increasing all the time as more people join).
    How many shares do we buy monthly?

cheers

@hibs.net private member
    With us being at 17%, taking into account current levels of donations, when would you anticipate we will reach the 20% and have an HSL board member?

@hibs.net private member

HSL
    Just to say I enjoyed our discussion yesterday and the clarification is appreciated. I have to admit I didn't realise that new shares are issued and that all of the funds (less printing costs etc) go straight to Neil Lennons player budget. I also didn't realise how far behind Hearts we are in terms of contributions but I am now more than happy to sign up to HSL. Here's hoping many more fellow Hibees sign up too and start closing the gap on our friends accross the city which is extremely important so that we remain competitive in the coming seasons

First Team Breakthrough
    Very true Hibbywilly as things stand we are miles behind the yams

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydad View Post
    We know the reason for that though. A better comparison might be Aberdeen. Sure their fans pump a lot of money in without having had to do so to save their club. Whatever Aberdeen are doing is working. Much smaller crowds than us but blowing us out the water financially. How do we attract investment? Both Aberdeen and Hearts seem to have mystery benefactors.

Left by mutual consent!

HSL
    Re point four Rod Petrie said the funds go to the football department. Has this now changed?

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    We know the reason for that though. A better comparison might be Aberdeen. Sure their fans pump a lot of money in without having had to do so to save their club. Whatever Aberdeen are doing is working. Much smaller crowds than us but blowing us out the water financially. How do we attract investment? Both Aberdeen and Hearts seem to have mystery benefactors.
    Aberdeen’s benefactors aren’t a mystery. They have guys who have made their millions out of the oil business finally pumping money in to them.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Finally got round to donating thanks to this thread.

Must be a thankless task organising HSL voluntarily, so thank you for your efforts. May I suggest getting PayPal set up on the website - having to punch in my sort code and account number when I don’t know it by memory has meant you’ve missed out on donations from me in the past. Cheers.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Are we in a competition with them re fan donations? If so, we’ve already lost I’m afriad!

@hibs.net private member
    The Aberdeen scheme is very different in that you get vouchers and discounts. Nothing like all of the income goes to the team.

It is more of a membership scheme and, according to an Aberdeen supporter I know, has played havoc with the loyalty points scheme.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Re point four Rod Petrie said the funds go to the football department. Has this now changed?
    I’m not sure I see the difference between point 4 and your point?

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I’m not sure I see the difference between point 4 and your point?
    I was wondering this as well. If it's something the manager dictates then surely that is the football department?

@hibs.net private member
    But do the Yams not have to pay back Budge and pay off their stand debt?

I appreciate that they've probably got more fan contributions coming in (it was life or death for them to pitch in afterall), but they are starting from way back surely - even if we still have some of an interest free debt to pay back to STF.

I may be wrong but by my reckoning, if they'd not had some generous donations from un-named benefactors in addition to their fan contributions they'd be toiling to buy a road sweeper from Cowdenbeath. And that's without the broom.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    But do the Yams not have to pay back Budge and pay off their stand debt?

I appreciate that they've probably got more fan contributions coming in (it was life or death for them to pitch in afterall), but they are starting from way back surely - even if we still have some of an interest free debt to pay back to STF.

I may be wrong but by my reckoning, if they'd not had some generous donations from un-named benefactors in addition to their fan contributions they'd be toiling to buy a road sweeper from Cowdenbeath. And that's without the broom.
    Yes they do have to pay it all back. FOH was set up for the sole purpose of buying their club. There's been a few deflections from that ambition along the way.

It's not how much cash you have, it's what you do with it......

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Yes they do have to pay it all back. FOH was set up for the sole purpose of buying their club. There's been a few deflections from that ambition along the way.

It's not how much cash you have, it's what you do with it......

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

That's what I thought and it's good to know that they remain in our shadow fiscally.

ZERO excuse for Hibees not to contribute to HSL though - as long as they are contributing more than we are they will inevitably be catching up (and we don't want that).

@hibs.net private member
    I Haven’t contributed to HSL, but I am happy to do direct debit to help the club I love. If it was individual share holdings, I like the idea of owning shares in hibs but although I’d be a shareholder in HSL I don’t think that appeals for some bizarre reason.

What would appeal to me is a fund to pay STF every month. We have 13600 season ticket holders. Write to everyone explaining that £3 a month direct debit would repay the loan and therefore release £40,000 a month-£10K a week, towards player budget.

Shareholdings don’t appeal to me but a direct debit of £3-£10 does

Question for Official HSL.

1. HSL is the organisation name but this isn't a name that will draw fans in. Don't we need the fund to have a 'brand' name that resonates with the wider support?
    2. What banners and posters can we see at home games - could this be one area that would be improved with a 'brand name'?
    3. Who runs the marketing strategy for HSL and would they be willing to run a focus group of fans with a view to a step change in fan response??

Apologies if these questions have already been discussed and addressed previously

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    I Haven’t contributed to HSL, but I am happy to do direct debit to help the club I love. If it was individual share holdings, I like the idea of owning shares in hibs but although I’d be a shareholder in HSL I don’t think that appeals for some bizarre reason.

What would appeal to me is a fund to pay STF every month. We have 13600 season ticket holders. Write to everyone explaining that £3 a month direct debit would repay the loan and therefore release £40,000 a month-£10K a week, towards player budget.

It doesn't address all of your point but I'm sure I read that HSL would simply pass on your money along with the rest and it wouldn't be used for shares if you requested it ... Ultimately I hope once all the shares are in place we can continue to use HSL for additional funding towards the football dept.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post

I do not understand your reticence.

Contributing via HSL will have EXACTLY the same end effect as you describe above - ie more money for the player budget - with the additional benefit of being part of a collective which will hold a stake in the club. What's to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Hi HSL, are you going to post this elsewhere?
    Yes - The Bounce and social media.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    Thanks for this. Can I ask how often does HSL donate to the club? Is it monthly? If so what is the average/typical monthly donation from HSL to the club (I’d like to think this is increasing all the time as more people join).
    How many shares do we buy monthly?

cheers
    Generally monthly but this can vary. Average monthly donations are around £15000 but recently this has been supplemented by some one off donations. We buy share at 4p per share.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    With us being at 17%, taking into account current levels of donations, when would you anticipate we will reach the 20% and have an HSL board member?
    This is really difficult to answer. We are planning a bit of a "re launch" with a number of initiatives that have been put forward by Members. We hope this will bring many more into the fold. That being the case we could reach 20% next year.

Are main target however is 25.1 % and everyone is focussed on that more than anything.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Finally got round to donating thanks to this thread.

Must be a thankless task organising HSL voluntarily, so thank you for your efforts. May I suggest getting PayPal set up on the website - having to punch in my sort code and account number when I don’t know it by memory has meant you’ve missed out on donations from me in the past. Cheers.
    Austino

Thank you for your suggestion. We previously had Paypal to receive donations from abroad but we changed this when we launched our new web site as we felt Paypal was too expensive. We now use Stripe which has all the same functionality as Paypal.

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Are we in a competition with them re fan donations? If so, we’ve already lost I’m afriad!
    In just over a year and a half the FOH will have completed the purchase of their Club. At that point they will have about £1.4m pa available to put at their Managers disposal. We therefore have a year and a half to decide if we want to leave our Manager behind.

HSL

@hibs.net private member
    In just over a year and a half the FOH will have completed the purchase of their Club. At that point they will have about £1.4m pa available to put at their Managers disposal. We therefore have a year and a half to decide if we want to leave our Manager behind.

HSL
    That IMO is the crux of the matter...……...we have to close the gap

@hibs.net private member
    I thought when HSL reached 20% then HSL members would elected a Director to the Hibs board not HSL Directors appoint one of their own fellow Directors.

Sally

We are not sure we do know the reason for that, we can only guess.

We suspect that most, if not all, joined the FOH to provide the emergency working capital required to save them. And they did that a few years ago.

What we don't know is why 97% of their Members then voted to provide £3m to help build their new Stand. We can only guess that they just wanted to help their Club. What we can also make a reasonable guess about is that in less than 24 months time, when the purchase transaction is complete, most of those supporters will volunteer to continue providing over £1m extra to their Club.

What Aberdeen have done is to make a simple plea to their fans pointing out that FOH and HSL are providing extra money to their Club and would they like to do likewise.

Our proposition , in our view, is better than either of these, for a number of reasons so please can you encourage as many of your fellow supporters to join.

Thank you.

HSL