Quote Originally Posted by gorgiegreens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glory Hunter

Oy

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    A guy I used to work beside at Meadowbank House changed from Hearts to Hibs, couldn't get my head round it, he went whole hog though, so fair play I suppose! 😜
    Does he still work there?

I work there now, interested to know who it is!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopstonHibby View Post
    I’m bringing up a group of friends from Bristol for the Dundee match on Saturday. What started out as a bit of a joke in March has now seen them become genuine Hibs fans – one even signing up to BT Sport just so he can watch Hibs matches.

A couple of them knew I was watching the St Johnstone game (the 1-1 draw when Marciano was sent off) and, whilst drinking in the pub, they started following the live text and messaging me about the game. They weren’t really football fans before but I think they were just intrigued by how much Hibs meant to me.

Since then, we’ve had a WhatApp group dedicated to Hibs chat and they’ve all become quite knowledgeable about the team, although for some reason Scott Allan has always been referred to as Brian!

Quite often I’ll get a message with the starting eleven before I’ve seen it. And they don’t just comment on the games. E.g. “See Oli Shaw made his debut for Scotland under 21s last night”.

We had an evening watching Time For Heroes the other month and the club shop has seen some pretty good business from Bristol recently: home shirts, scarves, Hibs playing cards (!) and Hibs pint glasses. They’re very excited about going to Easter Road for the first time, although disappointed they won’t be seeing Brian play! One mate's been certain of the result for weeks now and who’s going to score. Hope he’s right!!

This is truly excellent work.

I have brought a few friends and relatives from East Coast USA to games at ER. They have adopted Hibs as their soccer team in Scot-Land, but nowhere near this level of dedication.

I’d love Hibs to do an off season tour there though. New York, Jersey, Massachusetts etc all a rich hunting ground for new fans I think.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Book of Kamberi View Post
    Are Hibs the only club to be managed by Lennon and McCartney? Maybe teams in Ireland will also have done?
    Quality observation

My ( half) brother converted from Hibs to Rangers at the start of the Souness era. The wee fud was about 12 and had been exposed to Hibs since he was very young. It was a dire period for the club and the step faither had a pal who went to Hunbox everygame. He offered to take the bro and of course converted him to dark side.

What made all this more bizarre was the fact that Step faither and bro were Catholics and the Hun bam was a rather notorious figure who was well known in the criminal underworld and had a liking for UVF and supplying them with “ goods”.

I tried all forms of “ persuasion” on my brother, didnae work. He was always a mixed up laddie anyway and still went fairly regularly to ER.

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!

Saint to sinner.

I converted myself from a St. Johnstone supporter to a Hibs supporter in 1972. I ain't no Saint, I'm a Hibee....

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    The group I go with contains a Yeovil fan, a Wolves fan from Dudley and a converted Ayr fan

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Born a Hibby and will die a Hibby . I was at primary school with a boy who was a Celtic fan but Switched to Hearts in his teens . Posts all sorts of Hearts pissh on FB . I’ve no outed him yet 😂
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Not sure I've ever really converted anybody, but I did convert myself from Celtic ( who I had never been to see play ) to Hibs in 1975. But having said that since then I've been instrumental in ensuring that a whole bunch of folk have become match going Hibs fans and it always delights me to see my best pals wee brother who I took to his first Hibs games back in the 80s now taking his teenaged daughter to Easter Road regularly, which is a bit weird when I think back to making him hold my hand as we crossed London Road

My stepson is a Jambo, but funnily enough that's my fault as well, I found out he was taking an interest in Celtic and I said 'look son you were born in Edinburgh, dinnae be an OF glory hunter' …. as kids do he took a contrary view to his auld man and chose Hearts ….. having said that he likes fitba in general and he has been to see Hibs with me far far more than he has ever been to Tynecastle
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 23-11-2018 at 12:43 AM.