hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 53
  1. #1
    First Team Breakthrough Navids Numpties's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    255

    Journalist missing from Saudi Consulate

    What do you guys make of the journalist who went into the Saudi consulate in Turkey and has just not came out? He’s been missing for over 2 weeks. IMO he’s been murdered he was also a critic of the Saudi government.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,882
    Killed, chopped up and disposed of.

    Saudi will never admit it and we (everyone else) will do nothing about it as we all have multi billion £ contracts with Saudi.

    Move along.

    J

  4. #3
    I'm suprised no one has told you it's a conspiracy to deflect attention from Brexit yet.

    Maybe there isn't the same perverse residual loyalty to socially conservative Saudi Arabia as there is to socially conservative Russia though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

  5. #4
    Coaching Staff Future17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    "Galactidos!"
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Killed, chopped up and disposed of.

    Saudi will never admit it and we (everyone else) will do nothing about it as we all have multi billion £ contracts with Saudi.

    Move along.

    J
    BBC reporting that "sources" expect Saudi Arabia to admit he died in the embassy as a result of an "interrogation gone wrong".

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BBC reporting that "sources" expect Saudi Arabia to admit he died in the embassy as a result of an "interrogation gone wrong".
    “Interrogation gone wrong”, AKA “tortured to death, chopped up and disposed of”.

    J

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Navids Numpties View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you guys make of the journalist who went into the Saudi consulate in Turkey and has just not came out? He’s been missing for over 2 weeks. IMO he’s been murdered he was also a critic of the Saudi government.
    It's crazy. The news last night showed cleaners turning up before the Turkish investigators. Not suspicious at all!!

    As has been said. Money talks so I don't imagine we will ever really know.

    Raises the question again though, why do we have anything to do with these barbaric people/regime.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dont know its too dark in here
    Age
    61
    Posts
    9,724
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's crazy. The news last night showed cleaners turning up before the Turkish investigators. Not suspicious at all!!

    As has been said. Money talks so I don't imagine we will ever really know.

    Raises the question again though, why do we have anything to do with these barbaric people/regime.
    They control the price of oil.
    Space to let

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's crazy. The news last night showed cleaners turning up before the Turkish investigators. Not suspicious at all!!

    As has been said. Money talks so I don't imagine we will ever really know.

    Raises the question again though, why do we have anything to do with these barbaric people/regime.
    £ and oil.

    J

  10. #9
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    I fail to see the difference between this and the Skripal case, apart from the fact that Saudi Arabia appears to have succeeded in their plot.

    If we are being consistent, if we are able to prove that Saudi Arabia has been responsible for this murder then we should be treating them like we've been treating Russia recently.

    We all know that won't happen though due to the importance of Saudi Arabia in regards to jobs and oil.

    Donald Trump has practically admitted already that he will not be severing all ties with them because it will impact on US jobs so at least you have to respect his honesty but it's very disappointing that a country can practically get away with such actions just because they have money and oil.

    I've said in the past that the only thing which separates Saudi Arabia from Islamic State is UN recognition.

    They should be punished severely if this is proven that the Saudi government had anything to do with his killing.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  11. #10
    All rather ironic given the Turkish government's attitude to freedom of the press

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    2,270
    He took around 7 minutes to die as he was chopped up into pieces....... alive.

    https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/e...oggi-829291552

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I fail to see the difference between this and the Skripal case, apart from the fact that Saudi Arabia appears to have succeeded in their plot.

    If we are being consistent, if we are able to prove that Saudi Arabia has been responsible for this murder then we should be treating them like we've been treating Russia recently.

    We all know that won't happen though due to the importance of Saudi Arabia in regards to jobs and oil.

    Donald Trump has practically admitted already that he will not be severing all ties with them because it will impact on US jobs so at least you have to respect his honesty but it's very disappointing that a country can practically get away with such actions just because they have money and oil.

    I've said in the past that the only thing which separates Saudi Arabia from Islamic State is UN recognition.

    They should be punished severely if this is proven that the Saudi government had anything to do with his killing.
    Respecting Trump's honesty is on a par with admiring Hitler because his trains ran on time. Think I'll pass.
    ​#PERSEVERED


  14. #13
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Respecting Trump's honesty is on a par with admiring Hitler because his trains ran on time. Think I'll pass.
    Please don't get me wrong I disagree with his view on the situation. I think it's a real shame that there's double standards just because Saudi Arabia has money and lots of oil to sell and just happens to be an ally of the West. Russia on the other hand has, quite rightly, been treated as a pariah state over the past 6 months over the novichok poisoning, simply because they are not considered to be an ally.

    If that's the position of the Western governments then fine but at least be honest about it so I do give some credit to Donald Trump for that. All we have heard so far from the British government and politicians from other Western countries is a lot of threats and fake outrage and talk about how Saudi Arabia is going to face severe sanctions if they are found to be responsible. When push comes to shove though, nothing will actually be done about it and it will eventually all be swept under the carpet and we'll be told that there's no evidence linking the Crown Prince of the House of Saud to the disappearance/murder of Jamal Khashoggi.

    The Saudi Arabian government really should not be an ally of any respectable government that even remotely cares about basic human rights such as the freedom of expression. It is one of the most repressive regimes in the world and as we have seen over the last few weeks, its leaders do not seem to think twice about using barbaric methods to silence any dissenting voices.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  15. #14
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    53
    Posts
    10,245
    I think we now have grounds to invade.

  16. #15
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    37
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I fail to see the difference between this and the Skripal case, apart from the fact that Saudi Arabia appears to have succeeded in their plot.

    If we are being consistent, if we are able to prove that Saudi Arabia has been responsible for this murder then we should be treating them like we've been treating Russia recently.

    We all know that won't happen though due to the importance of Saudi Arabia in regards to jobs and oil.

    Donald Trump has practically admitted already that he will not be severing all ties with them because it will impact on US jobs so at least you have to respect his honesty but it's very disappointing that a country can practically get away with such actions just because they have money and oil.

    I've said in the past that the only thing which separates Saudi Arabia from Islamic State is UN recognition.

    They should be punished severely if this is proven that the Saudi government had anything to do with his killing.
    The Russian attack was in the UK, against UK residents and resulted in harm and death to UK citizens. Can you really not see the difference with a saudi dissident killed in turkey?

    There was a good article in sunday times this week about this, and apparently 45 journos habe been killed this year in various places, and it barely raises a mention.

    The saudis are backward ****s in my opinion, but given theu control one of the worlds most important resources and are friendly to us, they arr 'our' backward ****s, to steal a phrase.

  17. #16
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    33,610
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Russian attack was in the UK, against UK residents and resulted in harm and death to UK citizens. Can you really not see the difference with a saudi dissident killed in turkey?

    There was a good article in sunday times this week about this, and apparently 45 journos habe been killed this year in various places, and it barely raises a mention.

    The saudis are backward ****s in my opinion, but given theu control one of the worlds most important resources and are friendly to us, they arr 'our' backward ****s, to steal a phrase.
    I can see a difference as far as the UK's concerned however it's not just the UK that seems to be treating the two incidents differently. There have been crisis talks at the UN over the novichok poisoning and every ally of the UK is opposing Russia just now, quite rightly in my opinion.

    However those same nations are paying nothing more than lip service to the situation with Saudi Arabia and the only reason for that is because they have something we need which is business deals and oil.

    All I'm saying is the politicians should be honest about their motives and I think people would respect them a bit more. Does anyone really think that Saudi Arabia will face any serious consequences over this, even if it was proven beyond all doubt that they were responsible for Khashoggi's murder?
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  18. #17
    johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can see a difference as far as the UK's concerned however it's not just the UK that seems to be treating the two incidents differently. There have been crisis talks at the UN over the novichok poisoning and every ally of the UK is opposing Russia just now, quite rightly in my opinion.

    However those same nations are paying nothing more than lip service to the situation with Saudi Arabia and the only reason for that is because they have something we need which is business deals and oil.

    All I'm saying is the politicians should be honest about their motives and I think people would respect them a bit more. Does anyone really think that Saudi Arabia will face any serious consequences over this, even if it was proven beyond all doubt that they were responsible for Khashoggi's murder?
    You make valid points. We criticise politicians when they lie or waffle, yet one comes out and basically says if it was Saudi Arabia then we probably won't do anything.

    I think people forget that 15 out of the 19 highjackers on 9/11 were Saudis. What action was taken against the country?

  19. #18
    Coaching Staff JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    25,327
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You make valid points. We criticise politicians when they lie or waffle, yet one comes out and basically says if it was Saudi Arabia then we probably won't do anything.

    I think people forget that 15 out of the 19 highjackers on 9/11 were Saudis. What action was taken against the country?
    No no it was Iraq that carried out and planned 9/11 wasn't it.

  20. #19
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    33
    Posts
    11,922
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No no it was Iraq that carried out and planned 9/11 wasn't it.
    No. It was Opus Dei and George Bush. Or something.

    It's fairly obvious he went into that embassy and never left again. And I don't mean he's still in the Penthouse Suite enjoying some Halal room service.

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    2,270
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Russian attack was in the UK, against UK residents and resulted in harm and death to UK citizens. Can you really not see the difference with a saudi dissident killed in turkey?

    There was a good article in sunday times this week about this, and apparently 45 journos habe been killed this year in various places, and it barely raises a mention.

    The saudis are backward ****s in my opinion, but given theu control one of the worlds most important resources and are friendly to us, they arr 'our' backward ****s, to steal a phrase.
    The difference is, there's glaring evidence coming out that proves the Saudi states involvement in the murder of the journalist. There is zero evidence linking the Russian state to the UK attacks. We're just told to believe that they were involved.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    2,270
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No no it was Iraq that carried out and planned 9/11 wasn't it.
    Nope, it was Afghanistan. The documents used to justify the invasion of Afghanistan said so..... err, without actually providing any evidence of Afghanistans involvement...


  23. #22
    johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is zero evidence linking the Russian state to the UK attacks. We're just told to believe that they were involved.
    Is that serious?

  24. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that serious?
    In a rare moment of unanimity, I was about to ask exactly the same.

    Seriously?

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,701
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In a rare moment of unanimity, I was about to ask exactly the same.

    Seriously?
    Just shining a light on this rare green-blue alliance.

  26. #25
    Coaching Staff Betty Boop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sunny Leith
    Posts
    8,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference is, there's glaring evidence coming out that proves the Saudi states involvement in the murder of the journalist. There is zero evidence linking the Russian state to the UK attacks. We're just told to believe that they were involved.
    Hear hear!!

  27. #26
    Apart from the 2 senior Russian military operatives travelling to the UK under aliases and visiting Salisbury for only a few hours to satisfy their desire for ecclesiastical architecture then I agree there's nothing linking Russia to the attacks.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The difference is, there's glaring evidence coming out that proves the Saudi states involvement in the murder of the journalist. There is zero evidence linking the Russian state to the UK attacks. We're just told to believe that they were involved.
    Has he been killed?

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    2,270
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has he been killed?
    There is a 7 minute recording of him being tortured to death picked up by Turkish investigators.

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member Fife-Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cramond
    Posts
    2,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apart from the 2 senior Russian military operatives travelling to the UK under aliases and visiting Salisbury for only a few hours to satisfy their desire for ecclesiastical architecture then I agree there's nothing linking Russia to the attacks.
    Who are these 2 senior Russian military operatives? We seen pictures of 2 people at an airport. That's apparently the "evidence" that the Russian State was involved.

  31. #30
    johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fife-Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who are these 2 senior Russian military operatives? We seen pictures of 2 people at an airport. That's apparently the "evidence" that the Russian State was involved.
    So who do you think did it, if it was not the Russians?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved