hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It was a shambles last time they ran out of pies as it was a free for all and certain pints were not included in the "deal" I hope they have learned from the experience.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All food in the west is done by Hibs in house.

There pies are very good. Nothing like the pies in the kiosks.
    All food, or the hospitality food?
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    All food, or the hospitality food?

Hospitality, I believe.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Hospitality, I believe.
    The hospitality definitely is different/better. I just thought you were suggesting that it applied to the whole west stand including the normal seats.
    Mon the Hibs.

What's the pint? Watery Carlsberg garbage? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Ok, ok thanks for pointing that out!

It's been a long day.
    Having thought about this a bit more, it seems like non season ticket holders are actually getting a better deal on this.

For someone who is going to the match anyway as a non ST holder, it would cost you £23 to get in so it's only an extra £20 for a pint, pie, programme and a posh seat, on top of what you would normally pay just simply to sit in the cheap seats.

For a ST holder, as has been pointed out to me already your £21 that you have already paid for this game for your normal seat has already been paid upfront and that won't be refunded to you. So you're actually paying an extra £28 on top of what you have paid already, just for a pie, pint, programme and fancy seat.

That doesn't seem like good value at all.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    You couldn't pay me 28 quid to eat an ER pie.
    Just to add a bit of balance, if anyone fancies paying me £28 to eat an Easter Road pie, I'd be happy to oblige.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Having thought about this a bit more, it seems like non season ticket holders are actually getting a better deal on this.

For someone who is going to the match anyway as a non ST holder, it would cost you £23 to get in so it's only an extra £20 for a pint, pie, programme and a posh seat, on top of what you would normally pay just simply to sit in the cheap seats.

For a ST holder, as has been pointed out to me already your £21 that you have already paid for this game for your normal seat has already been paid upfront and that won't be refunded to you. So you're actually paying an extra £28 on top of what you have paid already, just for a pie, pint, programme and fancy seat.

That doesn't seem like good value at all.
    I was thinking the same .. £20 extra for a walk up, £28 extra for a loyal season ticket holder ..

.. who did the sums for this "deal"?
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I was thinking the same .. £20 extra for a walk up, £28 extra for a loyal season ticket holder ..

.. who did the sums for this "deal"?
    I'm just glad I worked it out correctly this time.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Pretty good value for non ST holders but a bit much if you've already bought a ST.

Left by mutual consent!
    Maybe going against the grain here a little bit but I think its great value for those who maybe would want an alternative match-day experience whether on a one-off treat basis or those who may only go to the odd match here and there. Its not to everyone's liking but it does show the club is rightly seeking to appeal to as wide a fan base and income streams as it can. Good on the club for bringing this back as it may attract more income into our club.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    Maybe going against the grain here a little bit but I think its great value for those who maybe would want an alternative match-day experience whether on a one-off treat basis or those who may only go to the odd match here and there. Its not to everyone's liking but it does show the club is rightly seeking to appeal to as wide a fan base and income streams as it can. Good on the club for bringing this back as it may attract more income into our club.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

I agree.

Being skint and a season ticket holder I'm very unlikely to take them up on the offer but I can see why some might.

They don't want to price it so low that we'd have 13,000 season ticket holders scrapping over places.

Hibs will have done their sums and it'll be up to us to take it or leave it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I agree.

Being skint and a season ticket holder I'm very unlikely to take them up on the offer but I can see why some might.

They don't want to price it so low that we'd have 13,000 season ticket holders scrapping over places.

Hibs will have done their sums and it'll be up to us to take it or leave it.
    Exactly mate. Its all about trying to attract as many supporters (season ticket holders in the main) and fans (those who pick and choose games) of all different budgets to attend and to accommodate everyone. Not many would argue (I hope) against our club attempting to maximise income. We also very fortunately have a very talented group of players and a world class manager that continues to increase attendances, long may it continue.

Mon the Cabbage!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    And non season ticket holders get the pie and pint for a bargain £15 over and above their ticket.

Are the Executive Seats at ER just £33?