hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We ended up in the clerrie aswell Mick.Started of from the spice lounge then rutherglen to our weegie local.

stopped at asda for a ridiculous carry out back to the clerrie where it was absolutely rammed and if memory serves me right the police shut it early as women were fighting in the bar. back to my mates house and nearly missed the parade great day/night

The kent faces (me and others) didnae have to leave
    2 daft wee lassies that had zero interest as to what had occurred that day were fighting over a "boyfriend"
    They seemed to have got in under the radar (under age) because it was so busy.
    Getting others to buy them drink.
    (barman's story anyway)

Didnae spoil a good night though
    Seen worse in church
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 13-10-2018 at 11:56 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Bit of a blur, I was running a bus for 70 of us and it had to move parking spot so I spent last 5% battery texting/calling new location. We were one of last buses to head back, but last on bus came back with massive carry out. Spent the entire night at Middletons , cracking atmosphere the TIME FOR HEROES banner opposite, back to my free pad for almighty party, game back on and , with full Hibs gear/ flag went to the royal infirmary at 12 on the
    Sunday before the parade, as my wife was in for the weekend having an op.....she’s a diamond , I was a bubbling mess with mother in law and sister and nurses telling me how their past brothers, mums, dads can now rest easy ggtth....then off to the parade

First Team Breakthrough

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’ve read a lot of comments about partying in, and outside of Middletons. I’ve never been in on match days as always thought it was favoured by away fans, but assume on other occasions it’s a decent enough spot? Sounded good on the night of 21/5/16 anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How did everyone spend the evening/night of that glorious summer day? I remember getting back home, quickly changed and out to the pub to celebrate but was so emotionally drained i could hardly speak never mind drink. Actually felt strangely flat. I went home and watched the highlights with a large Scotch and when THAT goal went in i cried my eyes out for the second time that day. I was just an emotional wreck. The Sunday on the other hand....
    I always said I'd be hoolit for a week.. champers by the bucket!

However, I drove home to Broughty Ferry. One pint and home to watch the game all over.. I kinda didn't believe it had happened.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    On the day of the game I only had two pints pre-match, and that is most unlike me for a Hampden visit! The reason for that was that I was utterly convinced from the moment Der hun won their semi that we would win and I wanted to remember every second of it. The Alloa Hibs bus was leaving early as usual but my boy had a football game to play and didn't want to miss. So we went over to Falkirk for his game where we bumped into Liam Craig. Anyway I drove to the usual bowling club to meet the rest of mates, scarves out the windows of the car passing loads of similar Hibby filled cars and I was already feeling emotional! My wife took the car home and I had two pints to try to calm my nerves. Then followed the greatest Scottish cup final in history!
    Back on the bus and someone had some booze so had a bottle of beer, but the atmosphere was more of stunned happiness than euphoric. Got back to Alloa and on getting off the bus was met by a couple of celtic fans telling us how great it was.
    Spike Mandela and myself went for a beer in one of he locals, bought a round, sat down, looked at each other and said "what do we do now!?" We had a few quiet drinks, went home and agreed to meet on the train to Edinburgh the next morning. I had always told my wife that if we ever won the cup that she wouldn't see me for a week. In fact I was just so emotionally exhausted I could hardly drink hat night!
    Got on the train next day with my wife and three kids, met spike and his family and other Hibbies we know, carry out and picnic on the train, a wonderful day in Leith watching the bus go by with the cup then following it the the links.
    Probably the greatest weekend ever!
    Apologies for the long rambling post, it's just great to think about those days again.

A kind of recurring theme for me as well. Not as mad a celebration as I thought it would be. Relief took over and for me, and it seems others, all rather subdued but inside totally ecstatic.

Train from Kings Park to Central - no outlandish sing song. Think everyone was just stunned. Sat beside a guy carrying a white plastic bag that revealed the largest bit of Hampden turf extracted from the the pitch that day. Often wonder what he did with it?

Train from Central to Waverley. Again, pretty reserved. Occasional burst into song but nothing too prolonged. Sat opposite a guy and his family who were celebrating his 50th birthday. They’d spent the day in hospitality and looked really happy about it without being OTT about it.

22 bus from Waverley down Leith Walk. By the time we reached the Harp & Castle the massed throng had assembled and my abiding memory of the evening was being ceremoniously held up at the zebra crossing by the orchestrated high jinks of celebrating Hibbies stopping the traffic. Just as the crossing cleared and you thought traffic would start moving, the next contestant would enter the fray and the whole merry go round started up again. Sat there for at least 10 minutes. Might have been longer but loved every minute. Never seen so many jubilant Hibs fans expressing their exuberance. Well, not since about 3 hours previously!!

Got home. Opened a bottle of M&C champagne that I’d been saving for my retirement in August. A milestone in my life I’d been preparing for and had planned for some time. But this was something I’d hoped for all my days. Something I personally could never plan and was totally unprepared for.

We’d done it. We’d won the holy grail!!

Champers downed just in time to relive the highlights on Sportscene. Still have the recording on my TiVo box and yes, like most of you, have watched it many times.

Next day was surreal. The bus trundled past the top of my street before turning onto Johns Place up to its final stop opposite Hanlon Hill. The Links had seen nothing like it. Exuberance par excellence!! Ev3n if we do win it again, that week3nd will n3ver be surpassed.

Only regret? Just wish my old man had been there beside me to witness it. Sadly, couldn’t be but I’m sure he was celebrating “somewhere” with the “wider” Hibernian family.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    got dropped off at easter road and headed to the stadium to watch the team come back, after that i met up with a couple of mates and got a tad drunk dow leith and soaked up the atmosphere next day, up and away to leith links and met up with my sister and my folks and watched the team arrive with the cup, was practically font row when they arrived.

overall an amazing weekend and one i wont forget in a hurry
    Last edited by CraigHibee; 16-10-2018 at 04:37 PM.