hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 193
  1. #91
    Testimonial Due CB_NO3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh, Drylaw
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,189
    None of my football supporting mates watched the game last night. I have mates who are season ticket holders at Easter Road and Tynecastle and not one peraon cared. It really is pathetic. The worst appointment ever was big Eck.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,280
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No you wouldn't. Actually not a bad price to see Moutinho, Andre and Bernardo Silva etc. Portugal won the euros 2 years ago.
    They did, but this ain't the euros and £35 is exepnsive

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    None of my football supporting mates watched the game last night. I have mates who are season ticket holders at Easter Road and Tynecastle and not one peraon cared. It really is pathetic. The worst appointment ever was big Eck.
    The root of current problem. Not GJP's fault but the useless blazers who gave him the job. It's almost as if they WANT to destroy football in this country.

  5. #94
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    None of my football supporting mates watched the game last night. I have mates who are season ticket holders at Easter Road and Tynecastle and not one peraon cared. It really is pathetic. The worst appointment ever was big Eck.
    Count me in here too, I never even bothered to see what the score was till the news was on this morning.

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    14,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye right. Gerry Adams as his assistant?
    Wtf??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #96
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,759
    If the SFA is made up of club chairmen and directors, how do we have a clear out of them?

    They all leave and we bring in 12 or so other chairmen from different clubs? Will that really change things?

  8. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by hibernia&alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    aye right. Gerry adams as his assistant?
    wow

  9. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland v Portugal (friendly)
    Tickets only £35 or £30 take your pick
    No Ronaldo
    If they played the game in my back garden I would walk over and close the curtains
    Is that really the price?? What a disgrace. Like you say I'd rather watch the Corrie Omnibus

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  10. #99
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    14,416
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the SFA is made up of club chairmen and directors, how do we have a clear out of them?

    They all leave and we bring in 12 or so other chairmen from different clubs? Will that really change things?
    The FAís in other countries have very different structures. There are lots of different ways we can manage the game here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #100
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    5,871
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No chance Lennon could ever manage Scotland. There's really only one international team in these parts he could ever manage.
    Donít agree with that. He spoke very positively about the role last time when asked about it...I think, at the right time, he would be very up for it...has always talked highly about scottish football..throughout his career...

  12. #101
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    wow
    I think the posters point is that it would be as acceptable to Rangers/extreme Jambo minorities to have Lenny as Scotland boss as Gerry Adams. I'm happy enough that they have that view because I'd much prefer he stays at Hibs for a long time yet.

  13. #102
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    19,591

    Come back Gordon Strachan...

    ...all is forgiven.


    Taxi for McLeish

  14. #103
    Two campaigns - Two failures.

    One of which saw us finish 4th when 3 places were up for grabs, finishing behind a huddy filled Irish squad.

  15. #104
    Don't think it is an age thing because there are plenty of successful older managers and coaches.

    He just appears totally out of touch and incompetent.

    Tactically he looks miles off the pace.

    Needs replaced, and quick.

  16. #105
    @hibs.net private member Diclonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Larbert
    Age
    27
    Posts
    10,008
    At least there's only one more non-event and then we can forget about this non-football team for another few months.

  17. #106
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,692
    Iíd liked to have seen John Collins given the managers job a few years back, and he might have been the one to adopt a more modern outlook to the national team and the general set up. I suspect his time has now gone.

  18. #107
    It's quite sad that most people i know couldn't care less about the national team. It's a hinderance that gets in the way of and disrupts domestic football. I'm old enough to remember Euro 96 and France 98 and it was great. Gripped the whole nation. Now, like last night, if Scotland were on TV i'd probably not watch it. It used to be the pinnacle. I don't know what it is. Too many international games/breaks? Constant failure to qualify for anything? Players who are unknown to a lot of people unless they follow English football? who knows but something is seriously wrong. I'd love to get he passion for the national team back. I'm even starting to find folk getting dressed up in kilts and football tops a bit cringy. Never thought i'd say it but even Berti Vogts team was far better than this lot.

  19. #108
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,542
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    I think a match between a positive, attacking Scotland side and Portugal would be well worth watching.
    Probably, but I doubt Dalglish, Jordan, et al are going to come out of retirement.

  20. #109
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably, but I doubt Dalglish, Jordan, et al are going to come out of retirement.
    Bad workmen blame their tools. Hibs play exciting football without players of that quality.

  21. #110
    @hibs.net private member EH54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,137
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** it, here's an idea.

    Scott Brown for Scotland player/manager. Not as radge as it sounds compared to the alternatives.
    Btw I actually spoke about this before we appointed Mcleish, brown and fletcher or something of the likes has to be worth a shout..least they'll know the players strengths and weaknesses..and may listen to the players and find a bit common ground..
    Carpe Diem

  22. #111
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,542
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bad workmen blame their tools. Hibs play exciting football without players of that quality.
    How dare you call the Hibs players tools!

    Different levels though isn't it, if the Scotland team played as openly as the Scotland team of the 70's we'd get torn every game.

  23. #112
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How dare you call the Hibs players tools!

    Different levels though isn't it, if the Scotland team played as openly as the Scotland team of the 70's we'd get torn every game.
    Quality is relative. Scotland have access to guys like Robertson, Griffith's, McGinn and Cairney. All players who walk into Hibs team. They play Vs better sides but they aren't even close to maximizing their potential.

    It's nothing to do with playing like the 70s. It's to do with getting the best out of the players available. Until that is done the players can hardly be blamed.

  24. #113
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    33,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least there's only one more non-event and then we can forget about this non-football team for another few months.
    Sadly not.

    There's a double header coming up next month.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  25. #114
    Iím only 25 yet firmly of the view that Scotland having a football team is nothing more than a nuisance.

    Weíve been utter garbage for my entire life and there is not one single person in power within the governing body that are remotely interested in trying to improve our national side. If they donít give a toss, why should we?

    Normally I feel a bit crap if Scotland lose but for the first time ever there wasnít a single flicker of emotion when we lost last night. Iím sure a lot of 20 something Scottish people feel similar.

  26. #115
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Hills
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,558
    The biggest problem with Scottish football is it revolves around two clubs.

  27. #116
    Coaching Staff brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,922
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no way we should be even considering sacking our manager now. The last game - only his first competitive game - was very encouraging, with pretty much the same team who played tonight.

    Tonight we played pish and lost. Big deal, that is going to happen to us from time to time.

    We've still got time to do well in the Nations League, then we've got the proper qualifiers. Then we can re-assess the manager's role.

    If there is any player who doesn't respect what McLeish has done in the game and does not respect the position of the Scotland manager then he should not be considered for selection.
    ,

    McLeish is a dinosaur ( IMO ) with a history of failure. His only successes were with us when we splashed the cash on Sauzee, Zitelli, Latapy etc & then Rangers where he & nearly every player was in receipt of an EBT. Here's a thing though, there's been a big stooshie about LG declining to play but off the top of my head I can think of, Cairney, Fraser, MacArthur, Ritchie, Phillips, Bannan, McTominay, Cooper, Snodgrass, either EPL or top championship teams who were not involved last night. Burke also declined to join the U 21s. If the rumours about McLeish singling out LG for criticism are true then that's shameful but we certainly won't improve while players aren't busting a gut to play for their country.

  28. #117
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,814
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Either it's right or either it's wrong 😊


    Good try, but that's definitely wrong.

    The second "either" is superfluous and makes the sentence clumsy.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  29. #118
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The root of current problem. Not GJP's fault but the useless blazers who gave him the job. It's almost as if they WANT to destroy football in this country.
    Who else applied for the job?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  30. #119
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    57
    Posts
    6,542
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quality is relative. Scotland have access to guys like Robertson, Griffith's, McGinn and Cairney. All players who walk into Hibs team. They play Vs better sides but they aren't even close to maximizing their potential.

    It's nothing to do with playing like the 70s. It's to do with getting the best out of the players available. Until that is done the players can hardly be blamed.
    I don't blame the players bud. There just isn't a big enough pool of good ones and the ones that have a wee bit quality aren't always good enough either.

    No matter how they are set-up or how optimistically we approach games the quality, both individually and as a pool to select from, doesn't exist. Not the players fault.

    Look at Soutar last night, a supposed "decent prospect" who is expected to hoof both ball and player for his club but completely lacking the nous and nuance to play in last nights game.

  31. #120
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,814
    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's quite sad that most people i know couldn't care less about the national team. I'm even starting to find folk getting dressed up in kilts and football tops a bit cringy.
    I think for most people, myself included, it's just the opposite of glory hunting. Failure rejection.

    We'll care again when/if we start winning and playing well.

    Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm even starting to find folk getting dressed up in kilts and football tops a bit cringy.
    I've kilted up for Scotland trips in the past, but I'm starting to feel the same. Folk travelling the world, pished, on "national service" following a group of players who are collectively incompetent.

    It seems that some of the TA just love to be patronised. "Look how brilliant the Scotland fans are. They look amaaaaazing, and they go everywhere to follow their team". Then they go away shaking their heads and laughing at how pish we actually are on the field.

    Last night the 39th ranked team in the world, us, were roundly taken apart by the team ranked 94th. National service my erse.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved