hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 193
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    west lothian
    Posts
    1,503
    After watching that crap boyle has made the right decision


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    18,965
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    **** it, here's an idea.

    Scott Brown for Scotland player/manager. Not as radge as it sounds compared to the alternatives.
    Not the player manager role but yes, someone relative to the current squad is needed.

    Darren Fletcher is another example of someone who would command the respect of the current generation and would Ďgetí the modern footballer, Iím sure thereís other examples but Mcleish to the current squad is a dithery old man thatís not done anything in football in a hundred years. Heís pointless and the players will know heís out of his depth.

  4. #33
    Get Scott Gemmill in

  5. #34
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Hills
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,558
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get Scott Gemmill in
    Not a bad shout.

  6. #35
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    878
    Not at all surprised, we are a laughing stock between the home nations, to everyone else we are an irrelevance.

    Our game is summed up perfectly when we look around...

    Michael OíNeill turns us down to stay at NI
    We are in the lowest league out of all the home nations
    Iceland are in group A
    We havenít reached a major finals since 1998 meaning a generation now believes Scotland not qualifying is the norm rather than the exception it used to be
    We lose 2-1 to Israel in a performance devoid of anything worth note

    We are a joke and sadly I canít see it changing anytime soon as the old boys club at the SFA look after themselves and themselves alone.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's most unlike you to have a snipe at Petrie. Anything, anytime will do eh?
    Heís not wrong though.

  8. #37
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Queensferry
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,270
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Frazdazhfc
    Even if he did go I'd have no faith in the SFA appointing the next one properly. The Scottish National team is a joke.

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even if he did go I'd have no faith in the SFA appointing the next one properly. The Scottish National team is a joke.

    This.



    Just to prove the point that we are irrelevant to the extent that other nations don't even know us -

    Knock, knock

    Who's there?

    The Scottish National Team

    The Scottish National Team who?



    I'll get my coat.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,824
    lol he's going to pump her
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    14,419
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get Scott Gemmill in
    Nothing against Gemmill but he would just be set up to fail anyway. Itís the whole organisation that needs cleared out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Last Train to Skaville
    Age
    52
    Posts
    10,006
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get Scott Gemmill in
    Would be my choice.

  13. #42
    Coaching Staff heretoday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Corstorphine
    Posts
    10,376
    Mcleish has to go. He's finished.

  14. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Donít know the level of Petrieís involvement directly in bringing in McLeish but that performance tonight was much like Hibs when he was picking our managers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Scotland get beat but you still manage another pop at hibs

    Remarkable Ozy

  15. #44
    Petrie to blame apparently

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,630
    Scotland v Portugal (friendly)
    Tickets only £35 or £30 take your pick
    No Ronaldo
    If they played the game in my back garden I would walk over and close the curtains

  17. #46
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland v Portugal (friendly)
    Tickets only £35 or £30 take your pick
    No Ronaldo
    If they played the game in my back garden I would walk over and close the curtains
    No you wouldn't. Actually not a bad price to see Moutinho, Andre and Bernardo Silva etc. Portugal won the euros 2 years ago.

  18. #47
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,656
    There is no way we should be even considering sacking our manager now. The last game - only his first competitive game - was very encouraging, with pretty much the same team who played tonight.

    Tonight we played pish and lost. Big deal, that is going to happen to us from time to time.

    We've still got time to do well in the Nations League, then we've got the proper qualifiers. Then we can re-assess the manager's role.

    If there is any player who doesn't respect what McLeish has done in the game and does not respect the position of the Scotland manager then he should not be considered for selection.

  19. #48
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In the Hills
    Age
    55
    Posts
    8,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is no way we should be even considering sacking our manager now. The last game - only his first competitive game - was very encouraging, with pretty much the same team who played tonight.

    Tonight we played pish and lost. Big deal, that is going to happen to us from time to time.

    We've still got time to do well in the Nations League, then we've got the proper qualifiers. Then we can re-assess the manager's role.

    If there is any player who doesn't respect what McLeish has done in the game and does not respect the position of the Scotland manager then he should not be considered for selection.
    There are bound to be players who donít respect him. Struggling to find a fan who respects him.

  20. #49
    McLeish should have been nowhere near the job. He has done nothing in management for years. A dinosaur of a manager who is absolutely clueless.

  21. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No you wouldn't. Actually not a bad price to see Moutinho, Andre and Bernardo Silva etc. Portugal won the euros 2 years ago.
    Yes they won - by boring the opposition to death, anti football at it's worst.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    14,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scotland get beat but you still manage another pop at hibs

    Remarkable Ozy
    A pop at Hibs?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No you wouldn't. Actually not a bad price to see Moutinho, Andre and Bernardo Silva etc. Portugal won the euros 2 years ago.
    Try me!
    Wonít even watch it on the box
    Would rather watch Countryfile Songs of Praise maybe not the new Dr Who have already told my Travel Club mates not to expect me!

  24. #53
    First Team Breakthrough Green Cabbage 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    250
    Steve Clarke for the Scotland job anyone? Would he take it?

  25. #54
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    6,153
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyAsHellas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes they won - by boring the opposition to death, anti football at it's worst.
    Or perhaps winning football at its best?

  26. #55
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,824
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No you wouldn't. Actually not a bad price to see Moutinho, Andre and Bernardo Silva etc. Portugal won the euros 2 years ago.
    I wouldn't pay to see Scotland in a pointless friendly v Portugal and I won't watch it on TV.

    Poland v Italy or even Israel v Albania hold more interest for me, but I doubt I'll watch either of those two either.

    Is it grammatically correct to use "either" twice in 5 words like that?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  27. #56
    Testimonial Due kaimendhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kaimend
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No you wouldn't. Actually not a bad price to see Moutinho, Andre and Bernardo Silva etc. Portugal won the euros 2 years ago.
    I would

    Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

  28. #57
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,160
    I'm living in Glasgow now and was seriously considering the Portugal game but ticket prices are a massive turn off.

    The team have just been given a doing and will lose by at least 2-3 goals on Sunday.

    Why would I pay £30, particularly as its a meaningless game?

  29. #58
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    637
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't pay to see Scotland in a pointless friendly v Portugal and I won't watch it on TV.

    Poland v Italy or even Israel v Albania hold more interest for me, but I doubt I'll watch either of those two either.

    Is it grammatically correct to use "either" twice in 5 words like that?



    As long as you say I-ther of those two ee-ther.

    Either way round.

  30. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm living in Glasgow now and was seriously considering the Portugal game but ticket prices are a massive turn off.

    The team have just been given a doing and will lose by at least 2-3 goals on Sunday.

    Why would I pay £30, particularly as its a meaningless game?
    30 quid for an international friendly is mental. Even more so when the current Scotland side are one of the teams playing.

    Wonder how many theyíve sold?

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,630
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would

    Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
    One born every day 😁👍🏾

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved