Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I don't blame the players bud. There just isn't a big enough pool of good ones and the ones that have a wee bit quality aren't always good enough either.

No matter how they are set-up or how optimistically we approach games the quality, both individually and as a pool to select from, doesn't exist. Not the players fault.

Look at Soutar last night, a supposed "decent prospect" who is expected to hoof both ball and player for his club but completely lacking the nous and nuance to play in last nights game.
The point is we don't actually know if these players are good enough because they're being played all over, never consistently, with the wrong instructions, wrong formation.

A better manager could get more from them. You can't really tell me every team at the world cup or Euros had better players than Scotland? No chance. Albania? Northern Ireland? Hungary? All qualified in 2016. Scotland had hopeless management who couldn't get most from the players so they didn't. That's what it boils down to.

Everyone thought Hibs had rubbish players for years. We actually had rubbish managers and coaching staff. I remember outrage on here when Stubbs was signing coaches instead of players in his first season. Reality is that exactly how it should be. Players come and go. Proper coaching set ups last year's.