hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    None of my football supporting mates watched the game last night. I have mates who are season ticket holders at Easter Road and Tynecastle and not one peraon cared. It really is pathetic. The worst appointment ever was big Eck.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No you wouldn't. Actually not a bad price to see Moutinho, Andre and Bernardo Silva etc. Portugal won the euros 2 years ago.
    They did, but this ain't the euros and £35 is exepnsive

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    None of my football supporting mates watched the game last night. I have mates who are season ticket holders at Easter Road and Tynecastle and not one peraon cared. It really is pathetic. The worst appointment ever was big Eck.
    The root of current problem. Not GJP's fault but the useless blazers who gave him the job. It's almost as if they WANT to destroy football in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Count me in here too, I never even bothered to see what the score was till the news was on this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Aye right. Gerry Adams as his assistant?
    Wtf??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If the SFA is made up of club chairmen and directors, how do we have a clear out of them?

They all leave and we bring in 12 or so other chairmen from different clubs? Will that really change things?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibernia&alba View Post
    aye right. Gerry adams as his assistant?
    wow

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Scotland v Portugal (friendly)
    Tickets only £35 or £30 take your pick
    No Ronaldo
    If they played the game in my back garden I would walk over and close the curtains
    Is that really the price?? What a disgrace. Like you say I'd rather watch the Corrie Omnibus

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    If the SFA is made up of club chairmen and directors, how do we have a clear out of them?

They all leave and we bring in 12 or so other chairmen from different clubs? Will that really change things?
    The FA’s in other countries have very different structures. There are lots of different ways we can manage the game here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo hibee View Post
    No chance Lennon could ever manage Scotland. There's really only one international team in these parts he could ever manage.
    Don’t agree with that. He spoke very positively about the role last time when asked about it...I think, at the right time, he would be very up for it...has always talked highly about scottish football..throughout his career...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    wow
    I think the posters point is that it would be as acceptable to Rangers/extreme Jambo minorities to have Lenny as Scotland boss as Gerry Adams. I'm happy enough that they have that view because I'd much prefer he stays at Hibs for a long time yet.

Come back Gordon Strachan...

...all is forgiven.

Taxi for McLeish

Left by mutual consent!
    Two campaigns - Two failures.

One of which saw us finish 4th when 3 places were up for grabs, finishing behind a huddy filled Irish squad.

Don't think it is an age thing because there are plenty of successful older managers and coaches.

He just appears totally out of touch and incompetent.

Tactically he looks miles off the pace.

Needs replaced, and quick.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    At least there's only one more non-event and then we can forget about this non-football team for another few months.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’d liked to have seen John Collins given the managers job a few years back, and he might have been the one to adopt a more modern outlook to the national team and the general set up. I suspect his time has now gone.

It's quite sad that most people i know couldn't care less about the national team. It's a hinderance that gets in the way of and disrupts domestic football. I'm old enough to remember Euro 96 and France 98 and it was great. Gripped the whole nation. Now, like last night, if Scotland were on TV i'd probably not watch it. It used to be the pinnacle. I don't know what it is. Too many international games/breaks? Constant failure to qualify for anything? Players who are unknown to a lot of people unless they follow English football? who knows but something is seriously wrong. I'd love to get he passion for the national team back. I'm even starting to find folk getting dressed up in kilts and football tops a bit cringy. Never thought i'd say it but even Berti Vogts team was far better than this lot.

I think a match between a positive, attacking Scotland side and Portugal would be well worth watching.
    Probably, but I doubt Dalglish, Jordan, et al are going to come out of retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Probably, but I doubt Dalglish, Jordan, et al are going to come out of retirement.
    Bad workmen blame their tools. Hibs play exciting football without players of that quality.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    **** it, here's an idea.

Scott Brown for Scotland player/manager. Not as radge as it sounds compared to the alternatives.
    Btw I actually spoke about this before we appointed Mcleish, brown and fletcher or something of the likes has to be worth a shout..least they'll know the players strengths and weaknesses..and may listen to the players and find a bit common ground..

Bad workmen blame their tools. Hibs play exciting football without players of that quality.
    How dare you call the Hibs players tools!

Different levels though isn't it, if the Scotland team played as openly as the Scotland team of the 70's we'd get torn every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    How dare you call the Hibs players tools!

Different levels though isn't it, if the Scotland team played as openly as the Scotland team of the 70's we'd get torn every game.
    Quality is relative. Scotland have access to guys like Robertson, Griffith's, McGinn and Cairney. All players who walk into Hibs team. They play Vs better sides but they aren't even close to maximizing their potential.

It's nothing to do with playing like the 70s. It's to do with getting the best out of the players available. Until that is done the players can hardly be blamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    At least there's only one more non-event and then we can forget about this non-football team for another few months.
    Sadly not.

There's a double header coming up next month.

I’m only 25 yet firmly of the view that Scotland having a football team is nothing more than a nuisance.

We’ve been utter garbage for my entire life and there is not one single person in power within the governing body that are remotely interested in trying to improve our national side. If they don’t give a toss, why should we?

Normally I feel a bit crap if Scotland lose but for the first time ever there wasn’t a single flicker of emotion when we lost last night. I’m sure a lot of 20 something Scottish people feel similar.

@hibs.net private member
    The biggest problem with Scottish football is it revolves around two clubs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    There is no way we should be even considering sacking our manager now. The last game - only his first competitive game - was very encouraging, with pretty much the same team who played tonight.

Tonight we played pish and lost. Big deal, that is going to happen to us from time to time.

We've still got time to do well in the Nations League, then we've got the proper qualifiers. Then we can re-assess the manager's role.

If there is any player who doesn't respect what McLeish has done in the game and does not respect the position of the Scotland manager then he should not be considered for selection.

McLeish is a dinosaur ( IMO ) with a history of failure. His only successes were with us when we splashed the cash on Sauzee, Zitelli, Latapy etc & then Rangers where he & nearly every player was in receipt of an EBT. Here's a thing though, there's been a big stooshie about LG declining to play but off the top of my head I can think of, Cairney, Fraser, MacArthur, Ritchie, Phillips, Bannan, McTominay, Cooper, Snodgrass, either EPL or top championship teams who were not involved last night. Burke also declined to join the U 21s. If the rumours about McLeish singling out LG for criticism are true then that's shameful but we certainly won't improve while players aren't busting a gut to play for their country.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    Either it's right or either it's wrong 😊

Good try, but that's definitely wrong.

The second "either" is superfluous and makes the sentence clumsy.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    The root of current problem. Not GJP's fault but the useless blazers who gave him the job. It's almost as if they WANT to destroy football in this country.
    Who else applied for the job?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quality is relative. Scotland have access to guys like Robertson, Griffith's, McGinn and Cairney. All players who walk into Hibs team. They play Vs better sides but they aren't even close to maximizing their potential.

It's nothing to do with playing like the 70s. It's to do with getting the best out of the players available. Until that is done the players can hardly be blamed.
    I don't blame the players bud. There just isn't a big enough pool of good ones and the ones that have a wee bit quality aren't always good enough either.

No matter how they are set-up or how optimistically we approach games the quality, both individually and as a pool to select from, doesn't exist. Not the players fault.

Look at Soutar last night, a supposed "decent prospect" who is expected to hoof both ball and player for his club but completely lacking the nous and nuance to play in last nights game.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    It's quite sad that most people i know couldn't care less about the national team. I'm even starting to find folk getting dressed up in kilts and football tops a bit cringy.
    I think for most people, myself included, it's just the opposite of glory hunting. Failure rejection.

We'll care again when/if we start winning and playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    I'm even starting to find folk getting dressed up in kilts and football tops a bit cringy.
    I've kilted up for Scotland trips in the past, but I'm starting to feel the same. Folk travelling the world, pished, on "national service" following a group of players who are collectively incompetent.

It seems that some of the TA just love to be patronised. "Look how brilliant the Scotland fans are. They look amaaaaazing, and they go everywhere to follow their team". Then they go away shaking their heads and laughing at how pish we actually are on the field.

Last night the 39th ranked team in the world, us, were roundly taken apart by the team ranked 94th. National service my erse.