hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gazza KB'd

Quote Originally Posted by OsloHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was listening to the vinny & gazza episode on talksport and he agreed he would've been better signing for Man utd. Terry venables was not the right man to look after a player like gazza, and London wasn't the place for him to be. I know he makes his own decisions in life (as does everyone) but I do wonder what his life would've been like had he did joined Man u instead.
    This is often said, but I reckon his fate was inevitable wherever he ended up. He'd have driven Fergie mad and been emptied in no time.

I'm not sure the drinking culture that existed at Man Utd during the late 80s / early 90s would have been any better for him than swinging London.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quick question? How many Scotsmen are in the English Hall of Fame?
    It seems to me that the Scottish Hall of Fame should be made up of Scottish players.
    Other big names, most who played for Rangers and Celtic, were here for the money they were paying!
    Has Stevie Kirk been inducted to it or Lewis Stevenson, both long term players who went through thick and thin for their respective clubs!!!
    it is maybe great to have big names in your team, but it also drains money out of Scottish football!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Quick question? How many Scotsmen are in the English Hall of Fame?
    Quite a few:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...Fame_inductees

I see gazza has responded on twitter with a "no hard feelings" tagged the sfa and a video of his goal against Scotland.

Which is at least mildly funny.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Can’t be bothered to check but someone like Dougie Arnot should be there before PG IMO. Has won the amateur, junior and Senior Scottish cups. An unbelievable achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    I see gazza has responded on twitter with a "no hard feelings" tagged the sfa and a video of his goal against Scotland.

Just read his full response. As if written by a child. Cringey at best. Once a muppet always a muppet.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Can’t be bothered to check but someone like Dougie Arnot should be there before PG IMO. Has won the amateur, junior and Senior Scottish cups. An unbelievable achievement.
    Good stat - I didn't know that.

I also know that one of our old centre-halves absolutely hated playing against him.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post

I’m a member of the TA and, fair play Gazza, that is a funny way to reply

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Motherwell have had some great players. Have often punched way above their weight. Wonder if the former industry there has somehow transferred to forging great teams. And of course, our Leeann started her football business career there. Off topic, but it might be a nice idea to induct whole era teams into the hall of fame, such as our recent cup team.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    True, I counted 9, and not many forgniers either.

In years to come it will only be overpaid forgniers that will feature here and down south.

The football journeyman that keeps all clubs moving along will be chucked aside for the big names!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Book of Kamberi View Post
    Motherwell have had some great players. Have often punched way above their weight. Wonder if the former industry there has somehow transferred to forging great teams. And of course, our Leeann started her football business career there. Off topic, but it might be a nice idea to induct whole era teams into the hall of fame, such as our recent cup team.
    That's a good shout.

Our cup team.

Any team who won a European trophy.

The 9 in a row teams.

Motherwell's 1991 cup winning team.

I don't get the argument that non-Scots shouldn't be in it. People who come to Scotland and make an outstanding contribution to our game should be acknowledged as well.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    That's a good shout.

Our cup team.

Any team who won a European trophy.

The 9 in a row teams.

Motherwell's 1991 cup winning team.

I don't get the argument that non-Scots shouldn't be in it. People who come to Scotland and make an outstanding contribution to our game should be acknowledged as well.
    Most of the players your taking about contributing to our game, also went back to their countries with huge wallets and left clubs with crippling debts????

Most of the players your taking about contributing to our game, also went back to their countries with huge wallets and left clubs with crippling debts????
    Some of them did, most of them didn't.

More fool the clubs for paying the money - and for that reason the likes of David Murray and Vladimir Romanov should be nowhere near the list.

Di Henrik Larsson cripple Celtic, or was he pound for pound one of the best signings a Scottish club ever made?

Some of them did, most of them didn't.

More fool the clubs for paying the money - and for that reason the likes of David Murray and Vladimir Romanov should be nowhere near the list.

Di Henrik Larsson cripple Celtic, or was he pound for pound one of the best signings a Scottish club ever made?
    The best I'd say. Fantastic debut too 😉

True, I counted 9, and not many forgniers either.

In years to come it will only be overpaid forgniers that will feature here and down south.

The football journeyman that keeps all clubs moving along will be chucked aside for the big names!!!!

I counted 18. And that doesn't include the kiddy on Scot Bob Wilson. There might be more. I've not got a scooby who any of the females are. You would think being famous would be a basic prerequisite of being in a hall of fame - apparently not.
    Last edited by Tomsk; 15-10-2018 at 06:49 PM.

This is often said, but I reckon his fate was inevitable wherever he ended up. He'd have driven Fergie mad and been emptied in no time.

I'm not sure the drinking culture that existed at Man Utd during the late 80s / early 90s would have been any better for him than swinging London.
    Exactly. The likes of Robson and McGrath would have taken him under their wing and you could argue he may have ended up in a worse position than heading to the bright lights of the Big Smoke.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    I counted 18. And that doesn't include the kiddy on Scot Bob Wilson. There might be more. I've not got a scooby who any of the females are. You would think being famous would be a basic prerequisite of being in a hall of fame - apparently not.
    I counted 18 too, discounting Bob Wilson, although to be fair one wasn’t footballer.

Two former Hibees players on the list.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    Been following this story and the thread(s). This will not help PG in any recovery he may be seeking and I really hope someone has taken the time to explain to him what decisions have been made and why they were made rather than him trying to make sense of it all, should never have got this far.
    This is the best one yet.

Not only is he mad, apparently he's simple too. Give me strength.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    He fell somewhat short of Hall of Fame standards at a funfair football game recently

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.d...ottingham.html