hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is the problem that there are no coaches of any decent level that would want the job? We have the players the best Israel easily. Our coaches are dreadful.
    Prob no and 100% agree on how bad the coaches are, however if we have the players to beat Israel, which I also agree with, how did last night happen?

I get that a bad coach/manager can have a negative impact around the squad however some of the players, if not all, also need to stand up and be counted. When it looks like even the captain canny be arsed then the games up IMO

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Another thing is I don’t get what McKenna has. Strikes me as a big stopper and not much else.
    We've been crying out for a semi-competent big stopper for years.

Before last night he'd played well every time he'd been selected for Scotland.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    We've been crying out for a semi-competent big stopper for years.

Before last night he'd played well every time he'd been selected for Scotland.
    I’m sure McLeish said he was about to bring on McKenna for Souttar just before he was sent off.

McKenna was brought on at half time.

Souttar was sent off at 61.

There is so many things wrong with the Scotland team we could be here all day. In short we have three main problems.
    1. Coaching is not good enough from a very young age. Too many guys aren't properly taught the basics so when it gets to the international front they are struggling.
    2.We have not set system to play like hibs and celtic do and pick random formations. Lenny has shown with two different midfields if you get the right system for the players it gets results.
    3.We need to be identifying talent around the under 21s and bring them through like Germany or India do at cricket. Keep faith with them then we might just get some success. Lastly when a player as red hot as Boyle is available then we must give him a chance. Lenny waxes lyrical about him and he doesn't do that often and he was given a four year contract for a reason. Of the current coaches only Steve Clarke would fill me with any confidence but the job has become the poisoned chalice of football. I admire the loyal Scotland fans as you watch so much dross and keep turning up. I couldn't watch them right now.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    I’m sure McLeish said he was about to bring on McKenna for Souttar just before he was sent off.

Saw that. Utterly mental.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post

McLeish looks a shadow of his former self there’s just something not right with him.

He should have never got the job and if he’s sacked we are back to square one unless there is a clear out in the SFA.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Didn't look the case in the game between the sides 3 weeks ago. O'Donnell was best right back that day imo, caused alot of problems. Gray switches off far too often to play internationally. Watch next game how often he just stands daydreaming marked by a winger instead of giving an option for a pass. He's had a brilliant start to the season and I'm delighted with that but he's not international level.
    Never said he was but neither is O'Donnell and Gray is better.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Another heroic Scotland performance...

Israels first win in 2 years....was always goig to happen tonight.

Ginger Jud@s can GTF!

Why he seems to insist on Souttar(who is murder by the way)....Is beyond me!

At this rate...We will soon be overtaking San Marino at the bottom of the coefficiency.

Jud@s needs to walk!
    Our ranking must be plummeting with all these defeats!
    It was on the cards after the poor win against Albania.
    The manager is playing to many players out of position to try and accommodate everyone he wants in the team?
    As for Souttar, there was 2 young defenders in last night and neither got much protection from midfield.
    If you think Hanlon would have changed the result, I think that's delusional, the whole team totally under performed except MacGregor!!
    Up front there was nothing going forward, so we could have had Kenny Dalgliesh up front if he does not get the ball what can he do!!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    It was on the cards after the poor win against Albania.
    The manager is playing to many players out of position to try and accommodate everyone he wants in the team?
    As for Souttar, there was 2 young defenders in last night and neither got much protection from midfield.
    If you think Hanlon would have changed the result, I think that's delusional, the whole team totally under performed except MacGregor!!
    Up front there was nothing going forward, so we could have had Kenny Dalgliesh up front if he does not get the ball what can he do!!!!
    It wasn’t a poor win against Albania imo. I thought we played pretty well in that game

Michael Stewart summed it up perfectly last night, McLeish is playing a system that nearly all the players don't play at their current clubs, these systems takes weeks of hard training to perfect, he has them 3-4 days every so often and last nights performance showed they had no clue what they were doing.

I remember hearing an interview with Strachan and he spoke about his time at Middlesbrough and his mistakes, he said he was trying to make the players play to a system he wanted instead of actually playing the players in a system that suited them, the same thing is happening with McLeish right now.

4-4-2 at home and 4-3-/4-5-1 away from home, it's not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Interesting.

I’ve been thinking about the Sir David for Scotland thing and concluded that I’m too biased to make a judgement. He’s sir David, scorer of the most Important goal ever and that’s all I really care about!
    Of course, he's an absolute legend and has started the season brilliantly but he isn't perfect. He has some glaring weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Michael Stewart summed it up perfectly last night, McLeish is playing a system that nearly all the players don't play at their current clubs, these systems takes weeks of hard training to perfect, he has them 3-4 days every so often and last nights performance showed they had no clue what they were doing.

I remember hearing an interview with Strachan and he spoke about his time at Middlesbrough and his mistakes, he said he was trying to make the players play to a system he wanted instead of actually playing the players in a system that suited them, the same thing is happening with McLeish right now.

It is a little more complicated than that mate, it's not 1980. Been a long time since "442 at home and 451 away" has been good enough.

What if they have 5 in midfield Vs your 4? They have an extra man? Better to keep the ball, press and stop you moving forward. You can't distribute it property so you end up playing long, to Griffith's and Naismith? Just comes back at you.

Was Mulgrew injured?

Accepted wisdom is to sub a player on an early yellow card in case he gets another one. Particularly relevant when it is one of your centre halfs. In this case the player with the booking was left on, he gets another yellow, and we are down to ten.

Am I missing a point?

Apologies to McLeish if Mulgrew was injured but the way he put that penalty away suggested to me his left foot, which is the one he uses 90% of the time, was in perfect working order..

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Was Mulgrew injured?

Accepted wisdom is to sub a player on an early yellow card in case he gets another one. Particularly relevant when it is one of your centre halfs. In this case the player with the booking was left on, he gets another yellow, and we are down to ten.

Am I missing a point?

Apologies to McLeish if Mulgrew was injured but the way he put that penalty away suggested to me his left foot, which is the one he uses 90% of the time, was in perfect working order..
    Wondered about that myself as it didn’t really make sense.

I can only assume that Mulgrew was injured. That's not a change you make unless it is forced.

We missed him big time when he went off, whilst we hadn't been brilliant when he was on we were looking reasonably solid.

We went to pieces when he went off.

Michael Stewart did sum it up perfectly. It's all very having wing backs very forward but they were virtually wingers. I may be blinkered but sir David is a better player than O'Donnell. The back three didn't have a clue and I feel for Robertson as he know he has got players at Liverpool who know where he is going to put the ball and make the runs. This was a game where we should have gone 4-4-2 and matched them in midfield. The game was crying out for Martin Boyle to inject pace and directness and get us up the pitch.What a patronising,ridiculous thing for Mcleish to say he's loads better than Boyle. McGregor was tremendous and we can just be thankful it wasn't Belgium we were playing as we would have been humiliated. How hanlon doesn't get a look in is beyond me. Utterly depressing and shows Mcleish is totally out of his depth. Beg Kilmarnock to get Clarke in and get Hanlon in the squad. I'm sure if Mcleish goes Leigh will be there.Lastly we must be desperate for mcbirnie to get a game.Now we know why O'Neil turned down the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Was Mulgrew injured?

Am I missing a point?

Hamstring strain apparently
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    It is a little more complicated than that mate, it's not 1980. Been a long time since "442 at home and 451 away" has been good enough.

What if they have 5 in midfield Vs your 4? They have an extra man? Better to keep the ball, press and stop you moving forward. You can't distribute it property so you end up playing long, to Griffith's and Naismith? Just comes back at you.

I wasn't advocating 4-4-2 etc we need to play players in their proper positions instead of squeezing them into a system they're not comfortable with.

We've went to a back 4 recently at Hibs because it suits the players we have at the club, what do we actually play, it varies between 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-1-4-1/4-4-2 it changes all the time in game, fluidity is what's needed and adaption during the game.

I wasn't advocating 4-4-2 etc we need to play players in their proper positions instead of squeezing them into a system they're not comfortable with.

We've went to a back 4 recently at Hibs because it suits the players we have at the club, what do we actually play, it varies between 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-1-4-1/4-4-2 it changes all the time in game, fluidity is what's needed and adaption during the game.
    Fair enough. I agree completely. The formation and tactics used by Scotland have been dreadful as long as I remember.

4-6-0 FFS. And 4-5-1 hoofball to Griffiths or Naismith. Darren Fletcher and Brown often played right mid. It's embarrassing.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    I see the boy Devlin from Aberdeen has been called up for tomorrow's game.

What else does Hanlon need to do to be called up.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

Is Paul not still injured

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post

Hanlon hasn't played for nearly 3 weeks through injury.