hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There should really be a "best available" option to stop fruitless enquiries on a section-by-section basis which must ultimately increase traffic loads on their servers.
    Correct. I have no idea why this hasn't already been implemented.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Correct. I have no idea why this hasn't already been implemented.
    My biggest bugbare once you’re actually on the site. Ticketmaster do it for all their gigs so can’t be too hard to implement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder which seats would be considered the ' best available ' in the roesburn, the seats with birdsh*t all over them, the seats with the loose hand rails or the seats next to the deathtrap rusty steps

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    You obviously never got a nibble with your first attempt.

Not interested in a nibble or a laugh at fellow Hibs supporters, just joining in the discussion and explaining my own fortunate circumstances, sorry if sounded that way because I posted twice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalHibees View Post
    I managed to get two but it was sheer pot luck. Was on at half 11, at 12 the site crashed, got the donut at about 20 past, got in at 1 where it said my details were wrong, finally got to the ticket screen at 20 past 1 where I had to cycle through every block to find tickets. It doesn’t have to be this hard, if we’re reluctant to use loyalty points then as others have said surely we could do a ballot?

So why go on at 11:30? Think if 1000s are doing that. The site is simply too busy due to everyone trying to buy them at the same time. We managed to get 2 at around 2:30pm.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Anyone still trying?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Anyone still trying?
    Aye only 2 sections to choose from now

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Anyone still trying?
    Me! just tried and says no tickets available for this event. My laddie wanted to go to Tiny for the first time after persuading me to go to away games again. We are not doing well so far! Went to St J but was a nightmare with tickets, tried for celtic but no joy and now tried for Tiny with no joy. Cant try when at work so have to wait till home and by then its a waste of time really

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    Aye only 2 sections to choose from now
    Where are you seeing that? Or have I been whooooshed?

Looks like it's sold out now,not giving you the option to select the match ticket

I was on at 12 for 45 mins before getting in, went through the process only to be timed out. I tried again and got through the process in time, but when it came to the confirmation I just got a wee circle going around and around, while I prayed. Finally I got a message saying there was an unexpected error and I should go back to the home page or contact customer services. After a few minutes of shouting and swearing at the computer I abandoned the whole thing. Later in the day a pal phoned to see if I had got the tickets (4) and told him the bad news story to which he said he had had a ticket purchased using his client ref. So I checked mine and it turns out 4 tickets bought, but no confirmation. I nearly broke the computer for nowt earlier on. Brutal process but the silver lining is a happy halloween for me.

Not sure what the club can do, but the process could be smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Me! just tried and says no tickets available for this event. My laddie wanted to go to Tiny for the first time after persuading me to go to away games again. We are not doing well so far! Went to St J but was a nightmare with tickets, tried for celtic but no joy and now tried for Tiny with no joy. Cant try when at work so have to wait till home and by then its a waste of time really
    I know,it's a poor system and ticket master needs to be launched

Sold Out!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Not interested in a nibble or a laugh at fellow Hibs supporters, just joining in the discussion and explaining my own fortunate circumstances, sorry if sounded that way because I posted twice.

I did try online for an hour with no luck then took a chance on the phone around 12.45. Got an answer after about 15 mins and got 3 tickets.

Left by mutual consent!
    What's the top row at tynecastle?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo27 View Post
    What's the top row at tynecastle?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I tried for 2 and a half hours before getting in. I finally got in and there was none to be had. It said there was no available tickets in every section. I tried going through each section over and over again for 45 mins and none appeared yet people have popped in now and got some which for whatever reason weren’t available earlier after i had queued for hours.

That is 100% a shambles. I can’t complain too much as I’ve managed to get them for the last few games at Tynie but I can’t see how anyone can claim that the system isn’t anything short of a joke.

As Blaster said aswell, the fact people are queuing for hours yet other people pick up another device and don’t even have to queue is ridiculous.
    Exactly the same here. It was 1 before my first circle disappeared. Then the login page went dark with a wee blue circle birling round non stop. Eventually got logged in about 2 and tried every section on and off for about an hour and nothing was coming up. I’ve been to that hovel enough times the past three or four years and never had an issue online so hopefully a few guys who’ve missed out previously have been successful today. It really was a shambles. Meantime I will claim that my Mercer boycott is back in place.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

Cheers row 26 is what I've got

Back row again for me, 2nd derby in a row up there!!
    Along way to the toilet after half a day in the roseburn

@hibs.net private member Manxhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: purehibee
    Coming up from the isle of man and my season ticket holder contact has missed out on tickets. Is there any other way? Would be absolutely gutted to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxhibs View Post
    Coming up from the isle of man and my season ticket holder contact has missed out on tickets. Is there any other way? Would be absolutely gutted to miss out.

Since you're coming up here on the day of the game anyway float between the Murrayfield hotel, the Murrayfield bar and the Roseburn bar looking for a spare ticket as they always pop up at short notice, its kind of a right place right time thing.

Also keep your eye on here and facebook etc.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 17-10-2018 at 08:52 PM. Reason: More info added

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    So why go on at 11:30? Think if 1000s are doing that. The site is simply too busy due to everyone trying to buy them at the same time. We managed to get 2 at around 2:30pm.
    To increase the chances of getting a ticket?Every time I’ve been on before for these games its usually about half an hour out that you get put into the queue. The club should be working on the premise that everyone will be trying to get tickets at the same time (ie when they go on sale) and get a system in place that can handle it. The onus shouldn’t be on us to go on at the “right time” or coordinate with the many others that are also trying. It’s good that you got tickets at 2:30 but more often than not they’re all gone a good bit before that so it’s only natural that people will be aiming for right when they go on sale to boost their prospects.

First Team Breakthrough
    I managed to get three tickets in my basket. Entered my card details and then clicked on review or whatever. It then hung for 10 mins. Then I clicked in frustration elsewhere and eventually my basket was emptied due to time and I was then booted out again. Fantastic service. I had tickets FFS. Utter joke of a system.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    When is the next match that requires a ticket online sale/ lottery for season ticket holders ?

I need to go into training in order to prepare my body for the stress anxiety adrenaline rush as well as stopping my life for two and a half hours.

Yes some of us have a life!

Just emerged from my dark room.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsquaker View Post
    I managed to get three tickets in my basket. Entered my card details and then clicked on review or whatever. It then hung for 10 mins. Then I clicked in frustration elsewhere and eventually my basket was emptied due to time and I was then booted out again. Fantastic service. I had tickets FFS. Utter joke of a system.
    Same happened to me totally scunnered with this carry on.
    Three and half hours I'll not get back!

Quote Originally Posted by penihibs View Post
    Same happened to me totally scunnered with this carry on.
    Three and half hours I'll not get back!
    check your hibs ticket account history, you may find like me that you actually have tickets as all the above happened to me. i only noticed as i was checking my banking app and had £97 pending on my account. I never got an email until i requested it via the order in my history, then i got sent about 8!!!

my mate managed to get our 3 when i thought id failed so selling them on....already taken before anyone asks

Leeann’s reply to me suggesting there should be an ‘I don’t care I’ll sit anywhere’ option with how many tickets you need, to save time and stress of being told multiple sections don’t have your required selections:

‘Sam, thanks for the note. I can summarise the ticketing system we have in a few lines. It works well 90% of the time and is flexible and allows us for example to tie family groups / friends accounts together for ease of purchase. It has many plus points however it also could be improved in a number of areas. This is a project that we have been working to improve (what we have) while under contract and to consider our options for the future. Tech is moving at pace and the static access and ticketing system we have needs improvement and we are looking at the options available. A new system is hundreds of thousands of pounds depending on the access requirements at turnstiles and the tech so whatever decision we make, I am taking precautions to try to ensure as much as humanly possible that it is the correct one. IN the meantime, we are trying to improve what we have,’

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Leeann’s reply to me suggesting there should be an ‘I don’t care I’ll sit anywhere’ option with how many tickets you need, to save time and stress of being told multiple sections don’t have your required selections:

‘Sam, thanks for the note. I can summarise the ticketing system we have in a few lines. It works well 90% of the time and is flexible and allows us for example to tie family groups / friends accounts together for ease of purchase. It has many plus points however it also could be improved in a number of areas. This is a project that we have been working to improve (what we have) while under contract and to consider our options for the future. Tech is moving at pace and the static access and ticketing system we have needs improvement and we are looking at the options available. A new system is hundreds of thousands of pounds depending on the access requirements at turnstiles and the tech so whatever decision we make, I am taking precautions to try to ensure as much as humanly possible that it is the correct one. IN the meantime, we are trying to improve what we have,’
    Looks like a copy and paste job from LD

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Looks like a copy and paste job from LD
    Didn’t acknowledge the fact I’d brought up a fairly valid point that I feel will improve people’s perceptions of the system. Getting out quicker as you don’t have the stress of looking in 10 different sections for your required ticket amount, therefore meaning more folk get in quicker as the people that are ‘in’ are leaving the system a lot quicker.

All I asked was if it was something they’d looked into. I use the system so don’t need a paragraph about how it works but a simple ‘yes, but we can’t have it’ or ‘no but I’ll certainly put that to them’ would’ve sufficed.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post

Of course it works 90% of the time when selling tickets for Dundee, Perth, Paisley etc it's the other 10% that frustrates everyone when selling away tickets for Huns, Hertz and Celtc.