hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Jim Blair and Joe Ward.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Allan smart and freddy arpinon as he was injured looked magic when he did play

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Sauzee, never got the hype about him.

Coaching Staff
    Neal Eardley

Surprised Victor Palsson hasn’t had a mention. Def agree Mark McGraw at the time, allegedly beat Liverpool to his signature! Controversial one here...I always felt Zitelli could’ve been a bigger player for us than he was. Only really showed his obvious quality in flashes.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sean O’Hanlon. I remember a number of MK Dons fans were gutted when we signed him as they were raving about him a lot. Thought we had signed a proper leader at the back that we badly lacked back then but blimey, this guy was terrible!
    He put in one of the best CB performances I’d seen in years vs Aberdeen which made it all the more frustrating.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Davydas Matchio... Machula...Matthewlavic....

Ah **** it. Matt Kennedy.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Also if he was to leave tomorrow, Vykintas Slivka. More performances like last weekend and that all changes though. Possibly only because he cane from Juve I was expecting a world beater, and tidy player he is he’s struggled to break through to the first team.

Paco Luna

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Also if he was to leave tomorrow, Vykintas Slivka. More performances like last weekend and that all changes though. Possibly only because he cane from Juve I was expecting a world beater, and tidy player he is he’s struggled to break through to the first team.
    Yeah I'd agree with this too. There is definitely a player there but he hasn't quite hit the level of expectation that I had yet.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    Surprised Victor Palsson hasn’t had a mention. Def agree Mark McGraw at the time, allegedly beat Liverpool to his signature! Controversial one here...I always felt Zitelli could’ve been a bigger player for us than he was. Only really showed his obvious quality in flashes.
    Victor Palsson is a good one. His debut performance was absolutely outstanding. Thought we’d signed a guy who would go on to be a multi million pound player.

He’s actually had a good career since he left us and I’m sure he’s now a regular in the Iceland squads?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Victor Palsson is a good one. His debut performance was absolutely outstanding. Thought we’d signed a guy who would go on to be a multi million pound player.

He’s actually had a good career since he left us and I’m sure he’s now a regular in the Iceland squads?

He plays for FC Zurich in the Swiss superleague and came on as a sub against France the other night.

David Gray. I expected him to achieve world peace, win a Brit award and win Hibs the Scottish Cup.

He’s only done one of those things.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    He plays for FC Zurich in the Swiss superleague and came on as a sub against France the other night.
    So he did. He came on with 20 mins to go, 2-0 up away to France and they drew 2-2

Grant Holt - had a couple of really good performances in big games for us. However I think most of us expected him to score a lot of goals in the championship when he signed. Ultimately it didn't work out that way, and maybe in part that's the reason the "you don't know about football if you can't see what Holt does by not scoring goals and not being able to run" type comments started to come about.

Nice big guy and played his part. But I think we all expected more.