hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland Squad

Scotland Squad

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45707466

No Boyle then. If I was him, Australia would probably be a more attractive option. He'd be far more likely to make a major tournament with them I imagine.

Also, Jack Hendry getting in to the squad is mental. He's not up to international standard yet, given the basic mistakes he's making in the league. If Hanlon was fit he'd be far more deserving of a place.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Jack Hendry is total balls

First Team Breakthrough
    Boyles nowhere near good enough for a Scotland cap, take the green tinted specs aff

Jack Hendry a better option than Paul Hanlon, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boyles nowhere near good enough for a Scotland cap, take the green tinted specs aff
    Not saying he is. What I am saying is, if I was him, Australia probably have more to offer him. So not being recognised by Scotland won't really be a loss to him career-wise.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    well he was close to getting called up in the summer so the coaching staff must think he is

First Team Breakthrough
    They couldn’t coach a ***** out of their collective ********s

First Team Breakthrough
    Poo out of their bottoms

So according to the BBC website the game is 11th September, didn't realise the next leg of the nations league was another 11 months away!

This tournament will take ages to finish!

Good to see the old reliable Beeb doing what Hawkins couldnt ie time travel, they have the Isreal game listed for September 11th....this year Im presuming....

GGTTH

Have you actually seen some of the dross getting Scotland caps recently? Also do you know what nowhere near means? The starting winger for the team 2nd in the national League isn't nowhere near the national team.

Nothing more than opinion on your part. NL would tell you that he is and I recall reading that the national staff have discussed Boyle with NL which suggests he is very close.....

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    dont hold back!! this is all your opinion of course, i happen to disagree, if a couple of our wingers get injured then boyle is more than good enough to get called up, he is not a million miles away from james forrest for example

Jack Hendry?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Jack Hendry?
    GJP obviously rates him more than the Celtc fans do.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

That's me finished with Scotland, Jack Hendry FFS. Hanlon has forgotten more about the game than that clown will ever learn. if your not playing for the ugly sisters in the SPFL you've got to be on a pre contract with either of them or an English team to stand a chance

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Have you actually seen some of the dross getting Scotland caps recently? Also do you know what nowhere near means? The starting winger for the team 2nd in the national League isn't nowhere near the national team.
    Lots of dross in that Scotland team agreed. Boyle is improving quickly under Lennon and I hope he does well for Oz

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Did i read Mcleish correctly? He said he doesnt want to call him up just because he is in great form ... Surely thats exactly what he should be doing

If MB was a old firm player he would be in the squad . Would Jack Hendry be in if he was still at dundee no disrespect to either players or clubs

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Has the Australian squad been announced? If not, fancy Boyle will be in that.

Plus he will have better chances of playing at a World Cup with Australia. Something that ain’t gonna happen playing for Scotland.

Having Milligan and Maclaren must make Australia an even more attractive proposition for Boyle. Brilliant chance for him to make a name for himself Internationally and reach a major tournament.

Blog Entries
    Not being good enough for the Scotland squad must be a real dent in your confidence and self esteem. It’s not as if there’s much to live up to. If Boyle has the opportunity to play for a country that has any chance of qualifying for international finals, he should grasp the opportunity with both hands.

Coaching Staff
    Think he’ll be called into a training camp in the Middle East next international break so that Arnie (the Socceroo coach) can have a close look at him.

Be a good move for Boyle....and opens up a possible playing destination at club level when he eventually leaves Hibs if he impresses.

Quote Originally Posted by hibby rae View Post
    Not saying he is. What I am saying is, if I was him, Australia probably have more to offer him. So not being recognised by Scotland won't really be a loss to him career-wise.
    Has he said he wants to represent Australia? He may not feel Australian or have any wish to represent them.

His father was born there.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    I have no respect left for McLeish - he is captain soundbite now, feels like all his answers are pre prepared.

Even Celtic fans are questioning Hendry at club level but he is a shoe in for this squad - awful.

He says of Boyle that we have plenty in his position - but do we really have anyone with his raw pace to exploit defences? I am not sure, and a Martin Boyle in form, coming off the bench for Scotland with 20 to go is a huge weapon.

Certainly doing everything we can to push this laddie from Aberdeen toward potentially playing for Australia

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Jack Hendry

Why?

Hope he’s playing next time we play Celtic

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Whether or not Boyle or Hanlon are good enough is a matter of debate, personally I believe they are at least as good as some who have played for Scotland in the past and some who are playing now. What really isn't debatable is that Jack Henry is ***** and looks like a fish out of water playing for celtic. Unfortunately the fact that that particular fish has green and white hooped markings makes it a shoe in for a cap!!

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    Did i read Mcleish correctly? He said he doesnt want to call him up just because he is in great form ... Surely thats exactly what he should be doing
    Maybe not being picked when you are great form takes away the disappointment of not being picked when you are in great form?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Whether or not Boyle or Hanlon are good enough is a matter of debate, personally I believe they are at least as good as some who have played for Scotland in the past and some who are playing now. What really isn't debatable is that Jack Henry is ***** and looks like a fish out of water playing for celtic. Unfortunately the fact that that particular fish has green and white hooped markings makes it a shoe in for a cap!!

I think PH would fit very nicely into the Scotland back three. He’d bring composure and experience.