hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Official Site: HIBERNIAN FC REPORTS POSITIVE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    The bit about Lennon having the benefit of being able to view matches from the directors box gave me a wee laugh

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The bit about Lennon having the benefit of being able to view matches from the directors box gave me a wee laugh
    Me too.

enjoyed that. Excellent news. Playing Champions League football next season will help even more.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Viva Le Tash!

Seems to be good news when you consider that the McGinn fee is not included (although players coming in costs must be offset against that).

One word of caution - when crowds are at a record level, there is not a huge surplus there, so other income streams such as HSL become ever more vital.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Seems to be good news when you consider that the McGinn fee is not included (although players coming in costs must be offset against that).

One word of caution - when crowds are at a record level, there is not a huge surplus there, so other income streams such as HSL become ever more vital.
    What do you mean by huge surplus? Not sure if it’s too early - but I can’t see any reason why record crowds would be a negative?

Positive reading overall, but yeah, thought very much the same though.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wonder why they mentioned that in this particular statement?

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hopefully this will put to rest the doubts of dome who were concerned that we would be posting record profits and storing cash for infrastructure projects

The club backed the manager strongly to get us out the Championship and continue to back him strongly whilst reducing the wages to income ratio to more sustainable levels.

As an earlier poster stated though there is not much room to grow income from attendances much further and it is as they say critical that initiatives such as HSL continue to blossom

If folk cant see the tangible (on the field) benefits of donating to HSL now I doubt they ever will

Left by mutual consent!

That’s why board trying to build up cash reserves. Basically a rainy day fund. Also, paid more money back to farmer
    than we had to.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    What do you mean by huge surplus? Not sure if it’s too early - but I can’t see any reason why record crowds would be a negative?
    No I didn't mean that. What I was trying to say that as Easter Road is on average 90% full each week, there is not much room for revenue growth from ticket sales (until the corners are filled in! ).

So, while any surplus is welcome, it's not a massive amount when crowds are at a record level.

Everything seems to be in a great position though, the club seems to be very well run at the moment, long may it continue.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    Hopefully this will put to rest the doubts of dome who were concerned that we would be posting record profits and storing cash for infrastructure projects

The club backed the manager strongly to get us out the Championship and continue to back him strongly whilst reducing the wages to income ratio to more sustainable levels.

As an earlier poster stated though there is not much room to grow income from attendances much further and it is as they say critical that initiatives such as HSL continue to blossom

If folk cant see the tangible (on the field) benefits of donating to HSL now I doubt they ever will
    I don’t understand your donating to HSL point?

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    That’s why board trying to build up cash reserves. Basically a rainy day fund. Also, paid more money back to farmer
    than we had to.
    Don't understand your stf comment?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Don't understand your stf comment?
    We paid extra cash to farmer. If we hadn’t there would be more money. It’s in relation to post on modest profit etc with record crowds

Blog Entries
    I don’t understand your donating to HSL point?
    If we want the team to progress and there isn't that much scope to increase attendances then where does the extra income required to do so come from?

It needs to be from initiatives like HSL

We have cast iron guarantees that the monies raised through HSL goes into the football operation nothing else

Blog Entries
    We paid extra cash to farmer. If we hadn’t there would be more money. It’s in relation to post on modest profit etc with record crowds
    Don't have the accounts yet

Where does it say we paid more than the contracted £500k back to STF?

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    than we had to.
    We pay less money to STF than we would if we still had debt to the bank.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Not seen the account, but I'm sure it's a fixed rate, interest rate agreement.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarlingtonHibee View Post
    Not seen the account, but I'm sure it's a fixed rate, interest rate agreement.
    Interest free. Trying to get debt paid off quicker

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Interest free. Trying to get debt paid off quicker
    It's interest free, yes, so why would we want to pay it off more quickly, and reduce our spend on players?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's interest free, yes, so why would we want to pay it off more quickly, and reduce our spend on players?

Ask that question at AGM

Ask that question at AGM
    If it's correct, someone should.

I haven't seen the full report yet. Does it say that we did repay more than the contracted amount?

Blog Entries
    Ask that question at AGM
    Genuinely curious not saying you are wrong but where does it say this in the accounts?

I don't yet have my copy.

Left by mutual consent!
    Genuinely curious not saying you are wrong but where does it say this in the accounts?

I don't yet have my copy.
    I don’t have them yet. Also, made overpayments this financial year. This is information received from execs at ER. Strategy to clear debt quicker. We have a large cash pile

I don’t have them yet. Also, made overpayments this financial year. This is information received from execs at ER. Strategy to clear debt quicker. We have a large cash pile
    Ok thanks. I'll have a look at them tonight.

There are only 2 executive directors at the club, so that narrows down your sources. You might want to reword your post

Blog Entries
    The only way I could see us doing that would be if HSL donations were running ahead of £500k pa and last I heard they weren't.

The accounts will provide proof positive if this is the case or not.

I have my doubts.

Taking about the accounts just posted, not what has happened subsequently, the large cash pile you refer to is largely season ticket monies paid upfront.

It will be huge at the start of the season and dribble away to nothing in the month before the season ticket renewals go out for the following season.

There is not a cats chance in hell that these monies will be used to pay off STF at greater than the contracted rate.

I am often accused on here of being a board apologist but if anything other than excess HSL monies were being used to repay the debt to STF quicker than contracted I would regard that as a serious breach of undertaking / trust.

I don't think for a minute Hibs would do such a thing and could see no reason for them wanting to in the first place.

Quick q: was the Cummings transfer included in last year’s accounts, as it happened before the 30th June 2017?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Ok thanks. I'll have a look at them tonight.

There are only 2 executive directors at the club, so that narrows down your sources. You might want to reword your post

Good advice.

Left by mutual consent!
    The only way I could see us doing that would be if HSL donations were running ahead of £500k pa and last I heard they weren't.

The accounts will provide proof positive if this is the case or not.

I have my doubts.

Taking about the accounts just posted, not what has happened subsequently, the large cash pile you refer to is largely season ticket monies paid upfront.

It will be huge at the start of the season and dribble away to nothing in the month before the season ticket renewals go out for the following season.

There is not a cats chance in hell that these monies will be used to pay off STF at greater than the contracted rate.

I am often accused on here of being a board apologist but if anything other than excess HSL monies were being used to repay the debt to STF quicker than contracted I would regard that as a serious breach of undertaking / trust.

I don't think for a minute Hibs would do such a thing and could see no reason for them wanting to in the first place.
    I don’t know how to read accounts. Understand cash runs down as we pay wages over the season. But building a rainy day fund. Only sharing what’ told . Look forward to getting official confirmation what accounts show .

You make good points. Fans bringing in extra cash via shares. Record season ticket sales . All efforts should go on getting best players we can afford while paying of debt to holding company