Loyalty Points

Bring them back. Simple as.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hear hear! But it will never happen

They took them away because ticket office staff were being abused, by that logic should we abuse the ticket office staff so much so that they have to bring them back?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackh View Post
    LD doesn't like the loyalty point system and won't even discuss it never mind reintroduce it.

Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post
    They took them away because ticket office staff were being abused, by that logic should we abuse the ticket office staff so much so that they have to bring them back?
    Why not deal with the individuals abusing the staff rather than punish folk by removing the LP scheme.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Just give all tickets to Hermit Crab and he can decide who is worthy of a ticket or not

Not going to happen...why should the loyalists get all the best tickets when they already claim to have tht best tunes?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Just give all tickets to Hermit Crab and he can decide who is worthy of a ticket or not
    He'd run the show.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Up The Bracket View Post

The staff were abused (unacceptable) because some fans didn't understand fully how the LP system worked, there was fans queuing for tickets for bigger games like hearts away and then getting to the front to be told that one or more of their group didn't have enough loyalty points therefore couldn't get a ticket. Then there was the HSL fiasco which totally ruined it.

I fully support bringing LP's back but its a shame our CEO point blank refuses to discuss it.

Controversial point:

i dont think we should bring loyalty points.

I appreciate that many will disagree, but our club should be an open shop to our 8,000 new season ticket holder since 2016. Giving priority to that 8,000 core for away games won’t enthuse, and we need newbies to be as welcome as possible, and have them renew for years to come. Locking newbies out of our biggest away games would be the wrong move imo.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The staff were abused (unacceptable) because some fans didn't understand fully how the LP system worked, there was fans queuing for tickets for bigger games like hearts away and then getting to the front to be told that one or more of their group didn't have enough loyalty points therefore couldn't get a ticket. Then there was the HSL fiasco which totally ruined it.

I fully support bringing LP's back but its a shame our CEO point blank refuses to discuss it.
    I'm not surprised she won't discuss it.

A lot of people view the HSL points ruining it but my view that there is nothing wrong with incentivising something that brings cash into the club. I accept it caused friction and disagreement but that existed to an extent anyway.

People will ultimately disagree and it seems the hassle of resolving that isn't offset by any benefits.

Left by mutual consent! Col_0762's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    Controversial point:

I appreciate that many will disagree, but our club should be an open shop to our 8,000 new season ticket holder since 2016. Giving priority to that 8,000 core for away games won’t enthuse, and we need newbies to be as welcome as possible, and have them renew for years to come. Locking newbies out of our biggest away games would be the wrong move imo.
    They wouldn’t be locked out though. If the went to enough away games, they would accumulate enough points to try for the big games.

Controversial point:

I've been watching Hibs since the 60s through thick and thin and boy have I watched some crap during that time. Now that better times are with us I should lose out to some newbie?

Locking newbies out of our biggest away games would be the wrong move imo.
    We have 18 away games in the league a season, they can come to the 12 that aren't against Hearts or the Old Firm, and will absolutely build up enough points to get a ticket for any of those games.

We have a loyal away support of about 1000 fans, they should be given first refusal on the tickets for the biggest away games. That is obviously the fairest way to run things.

Combined with this, Hibs need to work on increasing our allocation at Parkhead and Ibrox while we're riding this crest of a wave. Although, let's be honest, we may well soon be back to taking 500 through and not selling out the pitifully small allocation we're given.

These 'newbies' are not remotely locked out, provided they aren't expecting to just swan up to Tynecastle as their only away game of the season.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    There are fair schemes implemented by many clubs which also factor in new attendees, but the club have made it clear that they would rather not go back down this road which is unfortunate.
    Ticket scrambles for big away games are a consequence of a successful club, and if we plan on staying one, a Loyalty Scheme is really going to have to be looked at again, while frustration and complaints continue with each subsequent ticket scramble.

Should never have got rid of the Loyalty point scheme.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

I don't like such schemes. I have a wallet full of store loyalty cards - not to mentions apps on the dog n bone - and use very few tbh. I'd rather see lower prices/offers etc and spend accordingly.

I would however like to see a scheme whereby I pay in an annual lump sum - say £250 to £500 - and I call down on it from tickets, merchandise etc.. and if I don't use it, I lose it e.g. Hibs keep it and benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasThere2016 View Post
    I don't like such schemes. I have a wallet full of store loyalty cards - not to mentions apps on the dog n bone - and use very few tbh.
    That's...um...that's not quite this loyalty points scheme works?...

Groundhog Day.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Not for me. Season ticket holders first (to incentivise buying a St) and then General Sale.

In my opinion it would be a mistake to get to a position whereby non season ticket holders are effectively locked out of getting a ticket for away matches.

I know in my case, it was travelling to a few away matches as a non season ticket holder and experiencing the away support that convinced me to get a full season ticket.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Introduce attendance points.

The more games you attend, the better chance you have of getting tickets for in demand games.

So very simple

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post

Fully agree with you Hermit Crab.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I've been watching Hibs since the 60s through thick and thin and boy have I watched some crap during that time. Now that better times are with us I should lose out to some newbie?
    Nope. But the newbie should have as much chance as you of getting a ticket.

One of you might lose out but thems the breaks.

You can’t really think that you should be guaranteed a ticket whenever you want just cause you’ve been going since the 60s?

So basically anyone born from the 70s onwards is behind you in the queue for tickets? Really?!

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    In my opinion it would be a mistake to get to a position whereby non season ticket holders are effectively locked out of getting a ticket for away matches.
    They aren't locked out of getting a ticket under a loyalty points system. For 8 out of 11 grounds, we almost never, ever sell out our allocation so they'd be absolute fine to go to them. For Ibrox and Parkhead, while we're currently doing well, they might struggle, but we may well revert back to not selling our allocation in the future. For Tynecastle, there are 1,000-2,000 fans who go to away games regularly, if they are taken care of, there are still 2,000 tickets for season ticket holders and then non season ticket holders too if it came to it.

So now that we've established that nobody's locked out, are you still against loyalty points?

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post

The more games you attend, the better chance you have of getting tickets for in demand games.

So very simple
    This is absolutely what needs to happen and that should be the end of things, unfortunately Dempster won't hear of it.

I struggle to understand why people feel it's fair for someone who goes to no away games but has a season ticket has the same chances of getting a ticket as somebody who goes to every away game and has a season ticket

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Nope. But the newbie should have as much chance as you of getting a ticket.

One of you might lose out but thems the breaks.

You can’t really think that you should be guaranteed a ticket whenever you want just cause you’ve been going since the 60s?

So basically anyone born from the 70s onwards is behind you in the queue for tickets? Really?!

Why should someone who's been going to all the games for 50+ years miss out on a big game to some Johnny come lately who has got their first season ticket because Hibs are doing well and they want to jump on the band wagon?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    if our crowds go back down to below 10k again the club will introduce a ground-breaking new scheme, this new scheme will probably be called something like, ermm... 'loyalty points'

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Should potential new fans be turned away to make way for folk that have seen it and done it? If a newbie wants to come and watch Hibs it's as much their club as it is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Should potential new fans be turned away to make way for folk that have seen it and done it? If a newbie wants to come and watch Hibs it's as much their club as it is yours.

No of course not but they'd have to attend the lesser attractive away games to build up their points like everyone else.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post

So very simple
    Is that "attendance" as in tickets sold, or is it bums on seats turning up to watch?

For what it's worth I think that's a fair approach. However, taking Kojack's post as an example, not everyone would agree so it's maybe not as simple as it seems.

Then there's also the argument that it's not necessarily the most lucrative for the club. Depends whether the priority is to bring in more money to improve the team, or whether it's to allocate tickets in the 'fairest' way. Again, people will disagree what the scheme is trying to achieve.