97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It wasn't too long ago my account was showing well over 500 points and I was getting first bat at a ticket. Other than finals, I have to admit to not being interested in any away games, including the derbies. Been there, done it and bought the T-Shirt as they say, too many family commitments now and home games will do for me.

My point is I suspect I wasn't the only one and there will have been many more that were in my position, had the points but not interested.

There are pros and cons on both sides, but if it was up to me I'd go back to the old days of queuing outside the ground and that would be it. Done it for years in the wind and rain and is the fairest way imo. That'll be as popular as a Hearts win on here but there you have my tuppence worth

PS I did go the semi at tynecastle and would do so again.
    How did you have well over 500 points then?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    I'm undecided on this one, and think there are a number of viewpoints which hold merit but don't think there are absolute answers as some do.

I do think it is important that all season ticket holders get at least a chance of getting tickets to the derby at Tynecastle but don't see a problem in a portion being reserved to the fans attending most away games. Allocating all tickets based on attendance causes big problems to those who can't make a lot of away games for whatever reason (living elsewhere, family commitments, work affordability, etc). I wouldn't want to see a closed shop and think a person buying a season ticket is making a big commitment to the club. I don't think anyone could say a ST holder was undeserving of a ticket for the away derby. I do, however, think that the allocation of tickets at the moment is pretty hopeless (dependence on a pretty poor IT system) and the introduction of a ballot or the like would ensure a fairer distribution of tickets. I definitely don't think it should be solely down to attendance though as this effectively discriminates against those that can't afford to go every week - whether due to a lack of money or time. I don't think that's where we should be as a club.

A big furore also seemed to have been caused by the previous award of loyalty points for those who contributed to HSL. I get how people saw a problem with this as it was effectively rewarding those who could afford to put money into the club but there is a similar argument which could be made about attendance. And, if people think money put into the club shouldn't influence the award of away tickets, how do they feel about the hospitality memberships? I am not sure but think I've read before that a hospitality membership gives you priority for away tickets (without having to attend any away matches). It just goes to show that this area is a minefield and the club will never arrive at a truly popular or fair system. As I've said before though - the administration could certainly be improved on the current ticket scramble.

It's funny how things have changed over the last couple of years. I think if anyone had been told a few years ago that we'd have a good team worth following away from home and 15,000+ season ticket holders but that you might miss an odd derby now and again we'd all have taken it.
    The only flaw in your argument is referring to rewarding attendance when you are rewarding those that purchase tickets for away games. I know a few people who regularly purchased tickets for away games but passed them on while still gaining loyalty points. Due to this there were supporters who couldn't get nearer the top of the tree. This is a common problem at many clubs. West Ham have operated a points system for years but this year have introduced a ballot among all ST holders for 10% of away tickets. There had been complaints for years about dead people getting tickets for Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal away.

@hibs.net private member
    One problem with loyalty points is that various people in a group can be on different tiers and you can’t all sit together when they are released in phases.

One thing I can guarantee is that if a loyalty points scheme is introduced there will still be people moaning about it not being right.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    One problem with loyalty points is that various people in a group can be on different tiers and you can’t all sit together when they are released in phases.

One thing I can guarantee is that if a loyalty points scheme is introduced there will still be people moaning about it not being right.

You would have to take the chance and wait until you all become eligible. Or just sit apart from each other, its only 2hours.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    You would have to take the chance and wait until you all become eligible. Or just sit apart from each other, its only 2hours.
    Also , it would only apply to three games a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Also , it would only apply to three games a season.
    Possibly 9 games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Possibly 9 games.
    No chance. We don’t sell out any other games . No need to sell tickets In tranches

No chance. We don’t sell out any other games . No need to sell tickets In tranches
    Could be 3 away games each to Celtc, The Rangers and them. More with cup ties.

We can never have 3 away league games to hearts, and would never have all three of those sides away 3 times in one season and if we got them in cups then we can just demand more tickets from rangers and Celtic, simple.

Left by mutual consent!
    True . That’s what I meant to say. It’s just these fixtures

I would suggest that Scottish football needs to have unreserved seating in the away end, standers can go up the top and sitters in the bottom half of the stand. So then that wouldn't be a problem, hopefully.

That 2nd paragraph is exactly why it got expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    We can never have 3 away league games to hearts, and would never have all three of those sides away 3 times in one season and if we got them in cups then we can just demand more tickets from rangers and Celtic, simple.
    Never say never. And when did Hibs get the right to demand more tickets for an away game? Visitors in cup games are entitled to up to 20% of tickets where a stadium can handle that with appropriate segregation.

Never say never. And when did Hibs get the right to demand more tickets for an away game? Visitors in cup games are entitled to up to 20% of tickets where a stadium can handle that with appropriate segregation.
    The first part is a written rule when it comes to split games, no derby will have 3/1 split. Both celtic Park and Ibrox have segregation available for 20% if we wanted it. We’ve had it at Ibrox and could have it at Celtic Park.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    That 2nd paragraph is exactly why it got expensive.

LD is against a Loyalty Scheme because,

a) it’s too costly
    b) abuse handed out to TO staff
    c) it devalues the season ticket
    d) it creates an exclusive group

Any more ??

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post

a) it’s too costly

Any more ??
    Thought the LS was for the fans, and not LD

a) it’s too costly

Any more ??
    There should be a loyalty point system.

It's just ridiculous to argue otherwise and I say this as someone who won't necessarily gain from such a system. I'm probably in a bracket of most fans who attend a few away games a season and would like a ticket for Tynecastle. In the event of of a loyalty point system I might or might not get a ticket for Hearts away , the exact same setup as there is now with the exception that the most loyal fans get some kind of priority which is fair enough.

It won't change though. LD made the decision and she won't go back on it.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Thought the LS was for the fans, and not LD
    The topic is not up for discussion with LD

The topic is not up for discussion with LD
    Which is a shambles. If the issues you listed in the previous post are correct (as some posters on here keep telling us they are) then it would be nice to hear it from her. Instead of the wall of silence on the subject.

Left by mutual consent!

a) it’s too costly

Any more ??
    But happy to give season ticket holders in Edinburgh suite guaranteed two tickets for every away game plus sponsors that appear in the ground. So we have different levels if season ticket holders now

Left by mutual consent!

a) it’s too costly

Any more ??
    People abusing TO staff should be banned. No need .

a) it’s too costly

Any more ??
    A - Really? The away season ticket has to be administered with no benefit to Hibs.
    B - Ban the idiots responsible.
    C - Make a season ticket worth more points than attending every game as a walk up.
    D - The away season ticket is even more exclusive than the exclusive season ticket group.

Yes - how do other clubs cope with running such schemes?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Yes they can, quite easily, assuming the system in place is a good one.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    How did you have well over 500 points then?
    I've bought the tickets for every cup game the past Christ knows how many years for my group. Plus I got the points for HSL membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    A - Really? The away season ticket has to be administered with no benefit to Hibs.
    B - Ban the idiots responsible.
    C - Make a season ticket worth more points than attending every game as a walk up.
    D - The away season ticket is even more exclusive than the exclusive season ticket group.

Yes - how do other clubs cope with running such schemes?
    On point A, the club has to sell away tickets no matter what. Having 300 sold without any extra work every week is a benefit to the club.
    I’d be happy enough for them to open up the away season ticket, that way there would be no need for a loyalty point scheme.

Left by mutual consent!
    On point A, the club has to sell away tickets no matter what. Having 300 sold without any extra work every week is a benefit to the club.
    I’d be happy enough for them to open up the away season ticket, that way there would be no need for a loyalty point scheme.

they don’t. I recall a few years ago teams stopped selling them and you bought them direct. Also, old firm wanted to charge teams hence selling directly cane into play.

For years we didn’t need all ticket games for small crowds. It worked fine.

@hibs.net private member

They have to add in extra wording to the comms, arrange to collect the direct debit and allocate the best seats (usually) available. Too much time and effort.

And if there were more than 300 there’d be occasions when ther weren’t enough tickets available - and then a LP debate would start within the group...

they don’t. I recall a few years ago teams stopped selling them and you bought them direct. Also, old firm wanted to charge teams hence selling directly cane into play.

For years we didn’t need all ticket games for small crowds. It worked fine.
    Letting the home team deal with selling us tickets is one way of dealing with this I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    They have to add in extra wording to the comms, arrange to collect the direct debit and allocate the best seats (usually) available. Too much time and effort.

And if there were more than 300 there’d be occasions when ther weren’t enough tickets available - and then a LP debate would start within the group...
    Usually we get at least 900 tickets though? I doubt there would be 900 willing to sign up for the away ticket scheme.
    I take it the current 300 is fully subscribed? Were people knocked back when they applied for an away season ticket this year?

@hibs.net private member
    Usually we get at least 900 tickets though? I doubt there would be 900 willing to sign up for the away ticket scheme.
    I take it the current 300 is fully subscribed? Were people knocked back when they applied for an away season ticket this year?

In the league 900 is the minimum but we could get less in a cup game so they have to play safe.

I read on here it was fully subscribed but no idea if anyone was turned away. I’m not sure how high the demand is for one.