• Yes

97 64.24%
  • No

54 35.76%
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Loyalty Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Correct. I have always said I can understand why regular away game goers would want a LP system. It does seem unfair if they miss out on Tynecastle.
    My whole point has been about cost to Hibs of running system and loss of season ticket sales.
    I think both are legitimate points of view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't see the cost as being a major issue. There are only six away games where a points system would be needed anyway, so it's not like we would need to employ extra staff to operate it. Other clubs (eg Hearts) manage it fine.

Season ticket sales can be protected by simply making a season ticket worth more points than attending games. So buying a season ticket is worth 25 points and 1 point is awarded for a home walk up or attending an away game that isn't sold out. Season ticket holders who regularly attend away games get priority over those who only go to the Tiny PBS, and both take priority over walk ups with the day trippers being last in line when it comes to Hampden.

A points system would ease the admin hassle for Hibs and for the fans because it would mean fewer applicants at each stage of release. That means no frustrations with queues to get on the online system and no missing out for those who can't get online at the appointed hour.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    If you miss 2/3, maybe more home games a season then the season ticket does not make financial sense but there are people who keep getting one because it give them access to big games. You can see that every game at Easter road when you see all the empty seats in sold out stands. Not everyone can make every game but they commit to the season ticket because it has other benefits over and above entry to home games. Take one of those benefits away and less people will buy. I would have thought that was obvious.

A season tickets allows you to sit in the same seat at ER possibly that seat is next to family and friends. We are selling so many seats now that giving up a ST would mean you couldn't be sure where you would get a ticket at ER. The situation is slightly different to when LD scrapped the scheme and those that said they would give up their ST if devalued may have a different viewpoint. I would call their bluff anyway as we should be getting as many supporters to away games as possible to try and get more points for the team. More points would mean more STs to replace those who threatened to give theirs up due to Loyalty Points.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I don't see the cost as being a major issue. There are only six away games where a points system would be needed anyway, so it's not like we would need to employ extra staff to operate it. Other clubs (eg Hearts) manage it fine.

Season ticket sales can be protected by simply making a season ticket worth more points than attending games. So buying a season ticket is worth 25 points and 1 point is awarded for a home walk up or attending an away game that isn't sold out. Season ticket holders who regularly attend away games get priority over those who only go to the Tiny PBS, and both take priority over walk ups with the day trippers being last in line when it comes to Hampden.

A points system would ease the admin hassle for Hibs and for the fans because it would mean fewer applicants at each stage of release. That means no frustrations with queues to get on the online system and no missing out for those who can't get online at the appointed hour.
    It’s not walk ups who are a threat to season ticket holders access to Tynecastle tickets.
    It’s other season ticket holders who travel away as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    A season tickets allows you to sit in the same seat at ER possibly that seat is next to family and friends. We are selling so many seats now that giving up a ST would mean you couldn't be sure where you would get a ticket at ER. The situation is slightly different to when LD scrapped the scheme and those that said they would give up their ST if devalued may have a different viewpoint. I would call their bluff anyway as we should be getting as many supporters to away games as possible to try and get more points for the team. More points would mean more STs to replace those who threatened to give theirs up due to Loyalty Points.
    Leeann could call their bluff(some are not bluffing) but why would she for no financial gain to Hibs.
    Is there any financial benefit to Hibs in running a loyalty point scheme?

Leeann could call their bluff(some are not bluffing) but why would she for no financial gain to Hibs.

Long-term? Yes. Because at some point, sadly, this spell of good times will be over and it’ll be those who follow home and away who will carry on being the lifeblood of Hibs’ support who will carry us over financially. If they keep getting messed around with away tickets, you may lose some of them over the course of the next decade or so.

@hibs.net private member

If more support at away games means we finish a position up the league then possibly.

Because the club don’t want to harm sales of season tickets as they are our biggest revenue stream.
    It really isn’t rocket science.

Is there actually any solid stats to back up the loss of season ticket sales argument? Or is it just stemmed from some people threatening not to renew if they don't get their way basically? Genuine question.

It seems like all you need to do to push through anything at hibs is get enough people to say they will give up their season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Is there actually any solid stats to back up the loss of season ticket sales argument? Or is it just stemmed from some people threatening not to renew if they don't get their way basically? Genuine question.

It seems like all you need to do to push through anything at hibs is get enough people to say they will give up their season ticket.
    Leeann mentioned that people were cancelling season tickets when it was asked why the LP system was scrapped at an agm. I wasn’t there but I’m sure others will confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post

Why would any ST holder threat to cease having a ST because of loyalty points, when the previous loyalty point scheme favoured ST holders? Reintroduce loyalty points but, due to the purpose they serve, rename them attendance points.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Why would any ST holder threat to cease having a ST because of loyalty points, when the previous loyalty point scheme favoured ST holders? Reintroduce loyalty points but, due to the purpose they serve, rename them attendance points.
    it defies logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    it defies logic.

Are there seriously people who have a season ticket at Easter Road just so they can go to away games at tynecastle?

if not, I can’t see how it devalues a season ticket to have a loyalty/attendance points scheme, when a season ticket holder will ALWAYS be in the top 2 tranches, at worst. The regular away travellers (those who go to most or more of away games) don’t outnumber the number of tickets we get for tynecastle. Ibrox is a different matter, but they’ve given us so little that there’s always going to be disappointed people. Perhaps the points scheme could have an additional clause similar to the London marathon, if you miss out you’re pushed up the list for the next one.

As for cost to the club, how far do we want to take that line? Should we thin out the number of youth coaches we employ, their wages could help the first team? Could we cut down the electricity bill by only switching on every second light in the concourses? Maybe the guys who run the social media side of our comms could work just part time? Cut the staff in the shop? We used to take the piss and rage about Petrie being a penny pincher.

The club is a multi million pound operation, the costs of a new scheme will be minimal. There’s also been a lot of discussion about the poor quality of food at the stadium, if Hibs were to announce that they had taken steps to rectify this but it had increased the cost/reduced the profits from this by minimal %, I don’t think there would be much discussion about how that had taken funds away from Lennon.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

Yes - more tickets sold for home cup games.

It’s not walk ups who are a threat to season ticket holders access to Tynecastle tickets.

And with a points scheme those season ticket holders who do travel will get priority over those who don't.

After the regular travelers are looked after the Tiny PBS will still have tickets available for other season ticket holders who don't normally travel.

And those who want to give up their season tickets because of a points scheme will miss out on the trip to the Tiny PBS.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I think a loyalty scheme introduced for season ticket holders could actually cement season ticket sales, rather than be detrimental.
    If you had a season ticket with a few loyalty points on it you might actually be reluctant to give it up, and focus more on increasing the points on it.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    I think a loyalty scheme introduced for season ticket holders could actually cement season ticket sales, rather than be detrimental.
    If you had a season ticket with a few loyalty points on it you might actually be reluctant to give it up, and focus more on increasing the points on it.
    The clubs experience was different. People were cancelling season tickets because to have a chance at a Tynecastle ticket you had to go to away games as well. For some people the season ticket make no financial sense but they buy it anyway because it puts them in the hat for Tynecastle tickets.

Because the club don’t want to harm sales of season tickets as they are our biggest revenue stream.
    It really isn’t rocket science.

Pish, you are buying season ticket for home games. If folk don't buy because of LP system, then they ain't much of a fan are they
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    The clubs experience was different. People were cancelling season tickets because to have a chance at a Tynecastle ticket you had to go to away games as well. For some people the season ticket make no financial sense but they buy it anyway because it puts them in the hat for Tynecastle tickets.

People cancelled season tickets? Really??

@hibs.net private member

I don’t believe that. I do believe that folk were complaining about loads of stuff (not getting points if paying at the gate etc) but that can be sorted by better communication of what’s in and out and also by stronger and consistent management by the TO.

To be honest, Dempster's explanation for cancelling the Loyalty Points system didn't sound very convincing at the time.

She said something along the lines of "I asked eight people on a walk from the main entrance to the ticket office if they wanted it or not".

So that means at least 3800 season ticket holders also attended enough away games that there were no Tiny PBS tickets left for the other season ticket holders.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    People cancelled season tickets? Really??

Nah, thats bull****.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Nah, thats bull****.
    The latest in a long line of bull**** on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    The latest in a long line of bull**** on the subject.

Its a very long line, folk just making things up now.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Its a very long line, folk just making things up now.
    Wouldn’t be the sort of folks who don’t go to the away games would it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Wouldn’t be the sort of folks who don’t go to the away games would it ?

Couldn't be could it?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...cket-1-4162217

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers ozy - can you paste and circle the bit about those that cancelled their ST as well please?

@hibs.net private member
    That doesn’t say folk cancelled like your previous post pointed out

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    That doesn’t say folk cancelled like your previous post pointed out
    And yet the club acted and cancelled the scheme.

@hibs.net private member
    And yet the club acted and cancelled the scheme.

Well avoided